main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Portugal Tourists & Visitors - Welcome to our Board.

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by WhiteHorse, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Meeeep! To Arms, to Arms! :eek:

Eh, wait... It's just two of them. Pfft. Poor kids. [face_devil] They'll never know what hit 'em.

(Hey GMT! [:D] Fancy meeting you here... [face_mischief] your presence here reminded me that we used to have a thread with tips on how to learn portuguese, during a time we were trying to get DarthOmega to learn portuguese... Don't know if he managed to learn anything, he didn't seem very interested. :p http://www2.arts.gla.ac.uk/PortLang/godtup.html That's the site we referred him to; I don't know if it'll help any, seing as you already have so much stuff to learn from, but... Doens't hurt to add another possibility, right? :D)

Now about those suposed plans of invasion... Don't. Even. Think. It. I know people who know people who know your CR. Behave boys. [face_devil]

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Better do what she says
    She sounds serious [face_worried]

3. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    You better believe it, boyos. [face_devil]

But it's all cool anyways. :D As long as you behave. [face_devil]

We, the portuguese, are the only ones allowed to invade other countries' FanForce Forums. We managed to take over Spain, but then figured it wasn't worth the bother to try to rule over them, and let them go.

We may invade other places, though... [face_devil]

4. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    We were quite "nosy" when it comes to INVADING... Brasil, Africa, India, China, all accounted, way before the brits and dutch... Amazing huh?

5. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    [wisper] Psst, Darth, don't give them ideas. Remember who took most of those away from us? [face_worried] [/wisper]

We're a very peaceful people, all in all. :D No invasions for us, no sir'ee. *elbows Darth to get him to agree* Right Darth?

*mutter*Betterkeepthemunaware*mutter*

:D

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  7. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    huh, yeah, yeah... I guess... yeah! whatever!

*Suddenly Darth bends over and grabs a old tree branch and weakens the voice* -We peacefull and simple people, welcome strangers, yes? you bring peace we give peace, yes?

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  9. MASTER_WINDU_21

MASTER_WINDU_21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Long live to Portugal!!!

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not while we redcoats exist :p

[image=http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain/History/Georgian/RedcoatBattle.jpg]

11. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    I most apologize for Windu, he's been through a lot of stress lately, he sometimes tends to bring out his dark side... after all he doesn't have a right arm anymore...

Bring on those red coats!!! If they do as well as in the Soccer fields (euro2004) I guess we can call it a day!!! =D=

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well......you........... :mad:

13. Believe

Believe Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2001
    It could be worse: they could send Tony Blair ...

14. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    or that nice fellow... huh... what's his name? That guy that created a revolution in brit soccer... AH! Mourinho!!! NO WAIT! that guy is ours... aah... What about Cristiano Ronaldo??? NO NO NO! that's ours too... Oh, well... Nothing better in the green field, so forget it...

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, they're great people

16. Believe

May 21, 2001
    sure they are. for some reason, they live abroad. that's the only way to get proper credit.

17. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    yeah... unfortunately we have some problems holding the great talents within our borders, mourinho, ronaldo, figo, rui costa but also Saramago, who lives in a spanish island. Some of you might know Antonio Damasio, who wrote "Descartes Mistake" and is a famous scientist in the USA. And the list goes on. Recently an article in our Time-clone magazine "Visao" stated the great number of young business people that work in such places as Wall Street, Pentagon, Microsoft, etc. However the average ages in portugal for business men is around 50. Why should we botter to work here? Why not get out before we get old earning peanuts for well paid job abroad?

well... Luxembourg as 15% of portuguese speaking population... That's why! High competition...

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That seems odd
    I've never been to Portugal, but it seems like a nice place to stay in

19. Believe

May 21, 2001
    That reminds me of an old commercial that used to run on TV: "It seems like it but it's not, how tasteful and satisfying, Brasa is the drink that warms your heart ..."

20. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Exactly!

Consider us a nice mirror. We only reflect the image the rest of Europe has, but we don't have the same way of life/money/taxes/jobs etc.We have 21% of VAT now. Our income is below Europe's average. Our minimal wage is less that 400 euros considering we are in the top countries of europe with the highest personal debt.
    The average portuguese earns less than 500 Euros, but has a top brand car (we pay for a new car an average of 2500 Euros is taxes, plus th most expensive maintenance and repair in europe) paid with an (un)affordable loan, rented house and a personal loan to buy, for example, the latest cell phone! How can we do it? Good question...

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, we in the UK don't have it that bad
    But then, we weren't foolish enough to embrace the ?uro :p

I find it is normal for people who live in a certain country to think it is nothing special.
    We in England do it often. Complain about how ugly London is & how bad the weather is, when we generally have good weather & London is a very beautiful city

22. Believe

May 21, 2001
    The Euro has nothing to do with it. The lust for money and power does. And i like my country, but unfortunately it has 9 million portuguese too many.

23. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Absolutely!

We love it! Just today I heard someone complain about all this crisis, say that we should all become spanish... WHAT? IT may take years, but we WILL succeed. Ireland was just like us, and look what extreme measures created? The most stable country in Europe. We may have extreme measures to reduce personal debt and adjust global country economy, but it's for a greater good...

Visit us some day...

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've always wanted to visit Portugal

Some day I will

25. Believe

May 21, 2001
    i've been wanting to visit London. i will not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.