main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Portugal Tourists & Visitors - Welcome to our Board.

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by WhiteHorse, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I like to see the trailers over and over til the movie comes out.
    Me too! :D

And I am surely want to know some details - but not all. ;) :)

2. AlmaMavisTaraza

AlmaMavisTaraza Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2002
    spoilers? you mean like kids being born and padmé dying? anakin getting his bottom spanked by obi wan? :D

"what doesn't kill you only makes you stranger" is one of my favorite quotes from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac :D
    jhonen vasquez rocks my world [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

3. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    By spoilers I mean everything else about the movie than the title. And I really mean everything.
    It makes the film kick a lot more effectively, when every little thing is unknown, new and exciting. So please, don't tell me anything. It'd make me so sad. And furious.
    If anyone's interested, check the link below: there's some stuff about why people are going s&t-free.

Nightwish? Those musicians with the female singer? Oh, I know, my mom has all the records. It's true, however strange.
    Johnny the homicidal maniac? Well, the quote fas hilarious! [face_laugh]
    Können sie deutsch sprechen? My german might be a bit rusty nowadays, it's 3 years since I've read it in college.

4. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Nightwish? Those musicians with the female singer? Oh, I know, my mom has all the records. It's true, however strange.

You have such a cool mom! :D I have all the records too... I just love the singer's voice. :_| So pretty and angelical... :)

5. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmmm don't think i know them/him.

6. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    It's not a him it's a her, as you might have noticed from: '(...)with the female singer?' ;)

They're not that well known... they're a melodic power metal band with really cool music, but not too divulged except for gothic people or 'metal-heads'. :D Go to www.nightwish.com and check them out. :)

7. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    My local radio station (96,2MHz) played Nightwish a bit too much in summer. I mean, either of the two songs was rolling in every 45mins. When I listened radio for 8 hrs (in background), I got fed up.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    I know what you mean! ;)

That's why I am changing the radio station from to time to time... or perhaps more often. ;) :p

9. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    LOL [face_laugh]

But you actually have radios playing Nightwish over there. Here I haven't heard it on the radio just once. :_|

But I can relate to what you said with a portuguese band (Silence 4) that had a big hit here a few years ago. They would not stop playing the same song everyday too many times a day. I got fed up too after a while. o_O

10. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    i don't listen to the radio...never did much in fact. i hate the fact that i can't fast forward to the next song if i don't like the one playing :_|
    and it has publicity :p
    ah, nightwish. i liked the few songs i heard of them. but metal isn't really my thing...
    the singer has a really beautiful voice...but i still say sarah brightman sings "the phantom of the opera" better :D
    *ducks rain of sharp objects thrown by DarkWoman*
    i never did like Silence 4. they sing in english, but to me it sounds like they sometimes used babelfish to translate the lyrics :eek:
    and the lead singer annoys me. martini-man annoying. "i'm so hot. please girls, don't hurt yourselves while stampeding in my direction, eager to adore and worship me" [face_plain]
    :p

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, sorry... I don't mean nightwish as itself, only a song belated to its popularity. ;)

Actually I haven't heard that song till now. [face_blush]

12. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    *ducks rain of sharp objects thrown by DarkWoman*

[face_laugh]

Feel my wrath! [face_devil] :p

13. Volrath

Volrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2003
    Ducks are no match for rubber chickens.

* Volrath atira uma galinha de borracha contra Darkwoman *

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Volrath atira uma galinha de borracha contra Darkwoman

What do you mean? ?[face_plain] The only word I understand is Darkwoman, oh, and de and contra... But that makes no sense... ;)

15. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    * Volrath atira uma galinha de borracha contra Darkwoman *

Oh... that means something like: * Volrath throws a chicken at DarkWoman * :p

Volrath... when posting in this thread, do it in english only, please, so everyone can read it.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    chicken? ?[face_plain]

Ok... ;) :p

Thank you, DarkWoman! :)

17. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Please excuse my younger brother, Volrath. He's still a bit of a newbie, but he's getting there. ;) :)

Now, stop throwing rubber chickens to everyone.
    *Gets Ramstein's Mutter playing on Vorath's minidisc*
    There...happy?

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's ok! ;) Perhaps I learn one or two words of portuguese. ;)

You listen to Ramstein? ?[face_plain] Do you understand anything of what they say?

19. Aragornllum

Aragornllum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hello Skiara!!!!

:) :)

20. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Skiara, what you need to know of portuguese is Olá (Hi) e Onde está a comida/praia? (Where's the food/beach?). You should be fine with that. ;)

*ducks any and every random object thrown at her*

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Hello! Sorry for being away for so many posts. :)
    Anywhere were i can hear a preview of Nightwish? Or wich musics (from nightwish) do you recommend i hear?
    Well, i like Silence 4. But only the first cd. About the singer himself, don't know if he's like Alma described, but that is a bit sad, if true. But i never investigated or got to pay much attention to the band details. Only heard to the musics either on the Radio or in CD.

Today i started to like Blues. And since i was in the mood, I heard several from mp3.com (in playlist mode) and on Media Player, while working on my computer.
    I will also explore the Internet Radios. ;)

22. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    well, i don't know if he's REALLY like that, but that's how i see him. and i'm a girl, therefore i have a sixth sense for these things and i'm *NEVER* wrong :p

some internet radios are cool. if you like anime music and jpop, try Japan-A-Radio :D

btw, one of our tv stations got the habit of subtitling music videos. maybe it was a smart move to enlighten eminem/limp bizkit fans who don't know english about the wonderful and poetic lyrical skillzzz or their idols :D :D
    anyway, whatever the big idea was, the subtitles sure came in handy on rammstein videos ;)
    i only saw one though, "links". it was something about asking which side the singer's heart beat and he answering "left"...that was either a political statement or...uh...odd :eek:
    but i did learn one thing: links is german for left! [face_laugh]
    at the rate i'm picking up words, i'll speak fluent german in...a couple of centuries... :D :p

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ah, that's all I need, anya Skywalker? :eek:
    Comida... ok... but why praia? Is that the most important place in Portugal? ?[face_plain]

Oh, how stupid I am... everybody talks about nightwish and silence 4 and I don't even heard about them before reading these posts... [face_blush] ;)

left = links
    right = rechts
    So, you know another word AlmaMavisTaraza! ;)
    May be you will speak german earlier than in some centurires... ;) :)

Btw: May I use the short form of your names? Or better, what is the abbreviation of your names? :)

24. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Alma, limp bizkit already appeared with subtitles on that channel. As well the "Because i was high" music :p .

Skiara, of course you can use our names in abreviation. I for me don't mind and do that to others and they have never complained. So i believe it's ok by them also. :)

I also never heard about nightwish. I'm also curious about it.
    But you already know Silence 4. (i've sent you a music remember? ;) )

25. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    AlmaMavisTaraza: My older sister [face_love] Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. Its been a sort of Christmas tradition for the past few years for me to give her a Johnny comic. I still love the scene where the Johnny-wannabe shows up at Johnny's house and just won't leave, and the panel with a knife flying through the air has a little label "For the vision impaired - a knife is flying through the air". That scene makes me laugh just thinking about it. [face_laugh] :)

WhiteHorse: I'd say that the effort you put into the banner shows since I like it. :D

*throws a rubber chicken at Volrath since he threw a rubber chicken first*

Nin: Now, stop throwing rubber chickens to everyone.

[face_shocked] *whistles innocently and pretends she didn't throw the rubber chicken*

anya Skywalker: Woo-hoo! I know a portuguese phrase now. :D Thanks. :)

Skiara: I think I might have heard one Nightwish song before, but I'm pretty much clueless about them and Silence 4, so don't feel like you're alone here. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.