main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-South

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by lukesgirlie, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Having certified it is all ok with Raj_Vader, I am hearby inviting all Londoners to join FF-South as honourary members! We really want to get this thing of the ground, and following the recent success of FF-North and FF-M, have new enthusiasm. So please come and help us get up and running!

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Consider me poached :p
    London will always be my main Chapter dwelling, because in the long-run London is closer to me, but I do live in Kent so I think I qualify ;)
    And I plan on going to the Xmas meet at the Xscape, and I always go to Collectormania so I already feel part of the southern chapter :D

3. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    I'm stupid: where can I find the board? :oops:

4. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, I live on the Kent border, and I live in the South of England, so I'll join :D

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    So, whats the point of this?

7. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    You being kind and helping your fellow FFUKers start up another chapter, hunny

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, another chapter

As if two new ones weren't bad enough :p

9. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    But I haven't finished the last chapter yet!

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    These new young chapters are starting to upstage us, an alliance with the south could help us re-establish the dominance we once had

shakes cane angrily

:-B

11. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    If by upstaging you mean 'actually having meets' then yes.
    But I think we need to have some serious motivation to get the London meets up and running.
    I mean, c'mon, lets do something that everyone can get into!

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    You two must have short memories because we had a London meet last Saturday :p
    And I certainly plan for more, so I'm not sure what you're on about.
    And since June '05 we've had at least 3 meets, which is a Vast improvement on the time before that, so for me things are going well ;)

I do agree that the London chapter can/should have close links to the Southern Chapter, which is why I've suggested the Empire Day meet can be for either London and southern memebers. In the end though I think having both a London and Southern chapter is the best option. London is a BIG city and with lots going on all the time, it needs it's own forum IMO. Having a London meet in the same forum as a meet in Devon makes little sense to me, if you catch me drift.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    By upstaging I didn't mean meets, cos we have those. I went to the Marathon and the Batman Begins and the JW Concert meets, and they were all this year.
    What i meant by upstaging is that have all the visitors and are infinately mor popular then this chapter is.

We used to get foreigners posting here a lot, people like Messicat & Enji. Yes Jedi_Nat is here, but its not as good as it was.
    The Midlands have a bunch of Americans always there, as well as visiting posters who aren't memebers like me or Nic or Jimbo
    We have a website that never actually was up and running (I understand that people were very busy and Yoshee leaving made it harder).
    We have gone from being the second ranked chapter behind the regional forum in terms of size and popularity to almost the last behind The Midlansds, The North and Wales

We have a lot of members, but few actually seem to turn up here.
    Only JV, myself, Jimbo Ellbobin, Lord Tice, Amber & Sometimes Raj post here

The rest it seems are not around (i'll let off TheDarthVader since he is ill)

This place needs to sort itself out sharpish, or we risk being overshadowed, and being the capital we should be the flagship chapter of this board.

Thats why cobining with the South will help us. More meets and more members

14. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Keep your hair on mate.
    I was just saying.
    All I ever hear about on the other boards is meets.
    Here it seems few and far between.
    I also agree with what you said, the other boards do seem more popular.
    I am gonna do something about it now!

15. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
  16. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I wouldn't be too worried, this chapter is still more active than some even if it could be more active.

I think quite a few of us are going to that one ;)

November we have Empire Day, still can organise something else if people wanted for November.
    December we have the one in MK for Xmas :)

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It is looking promising for meets :cool:

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I?ve been here a lot longer then most, and I can safely say that the London Chapter at the moment is in a good state. We may not have many foreign visitors, but we?ve never had that many in the past either, and we do have that Colombian girl, remember ;)
    Besides, we have the Euro forum for that kind of stuff so I?m really not too worried by the lack of foreign presence in this forum. And the Americans who post in the Midlands forum are people who Phil and Veritas met at C3, so there was a good connection between them which was established long before the midlands chapter got set up.

There WILL BE another Laser Quest meet (with actual Lasewr Quest this time), probably early next year, and with Empire Day and the Xmas Xscape meet, both of which I plan to intend, I think we?re doing well and also helping out the Southern Chapter :D

Maybe we need a new lick of paint in here. A new banner would be nice because this one has been around a while and since then the personnel has changed. Something that reflects London like the previous one did.

19. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    wooo so we'll actually have laser quest? Maybe me and Koren will just stay at the pub rather than kill ourselves on the stairs :p

The chapter is doing pretty well especially considering I can't remember the last time the chapter had an office meet before like ROTS was released.

I would agree with a new banner though something that more reflects a now, having something which is specific to the chapter like LT said would be nice. Would give it more a homely feel rather than just another SW board look.

20. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    :eek: Usurping my members ?! You harlett! :eek:

Ooops - we already did all that :p

More London meets are most definitely in the pipeline - apologies for my limited appearance on the forums but law school giving me quite a battering [face_beatup]

I'll start/resurect the meet thread with what I've been working on :)

Ooops - and the banner change sounds good LT - perhaps a competition is in order......

......fight my pretties [face_devil]

21. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Cool!
    I wanna get involved in the next meet.
    And I would like mine rare thank you.
    I like mine bloody.

22. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Just as a heads-up to those setting up the South chapter, Honourary members do NOT count towards the attendance requirements for becoming an official chapter.

Whilst I look forward to more inter-chapter meets, FFUK London, and potentially FFUK South, are separate entities and must continue to meet those requirements as separate entities.

If at a later date you choose to merge, that's fine too, but you will not hold a dual-chapter status.

23. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Thanks for clarifying that Jairen - you may poach but they will always be Londoners - muwhahahahaha! [face_devil]

It would be nice if a FFUK-South does take shape though - you guys could be sorta like an honour guard for us Londoners....:p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.