main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF SW Trivial Pursuit ? RotJ ? Winner anounced!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanik_Arran

Hanik_Arran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2007
    @Michi Boasting is only then considered cool when you are NOT in the lead. ;) So, that's clearly our job. :p

Hey guys, what about all this animosity against good old Jabba? He's got himself a big palace, lots of wealth and influence, slaves and servants. He's everything a woman can wish for. ;)

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    though, the one he "hugged" (if indeed we answered correctly) isn't all that prettier anyway :p

3. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Perhaps they are a couple, after all that happened in that cold night... ;)

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Oh, except the worm part. To hell with wealth and influence and slaves and servants. It's the worm part that's disgusting.
    The Hutt could have all the credits in the universe but it wouldn't to him much good. If not Leia, someone else would have gone ahead and gotten rid of him. :p

5. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    I guess he's very attractive to other beings, such as Kowakian monkey-lizards. I'm sure, Salacious Crumb adores him! ;)

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    This round was really interesting because I had to give out 29 points all in all, which is - as you can see - one of the highest points in one round! :D Sadly one team got one point less. It would have been fun if all teams would have get the same points.

That's why my investigation wasn't successful in this round, but I got another hint...
    Does this have to do anything with the points they got? *does more investigations* :p

Ok, I stop talking for now and present you the answers and results. :D

The answers:
    (Although I don't know why I should post them, since all teams answered all (except for one) questions correctly. :confused: :p)

1. What's the name of Jabba's vessel that was used to get to the Sarlacc?
    A: Khetanna

2. Who flew the final attack(s) on the second Death Star and what weapons where used?
    A: Lando: ARAKYD-ST2 concussion missiles, Wedge: proton torpedos

3. What (how many and which) crew positions are there on the ship Crix Madine 'acquired' for the Rebellion?
    A: pilot, co-pilot, navigator, gunner, communications officer, engineer

4. Who used a gaffi stick in RotJ besides of the Tusken Raiders?
    A: Malakili (Rancor Keeper) ? spade-headed version

5. What?s the meaning of the name of the six-breasted woman?
    A: pretty = Yarna (Yarna d?al? Gargan)

6. Who liked to steal food & medicine from the Ewoks and under whose leadership?
    A: Dulok tribe leaded by King Gorneesh

7. The model to which vehicle built by the Corellian Engineering Corporation is 1.94m long? A: Tantive IV (Rebel blockade runners)

8. Who was named ?the mole? during production of RotJ and why?
    A: molE ? Elom, because of its underground inspiration

9. Who swore Jabba a life-long debt for getting hugged by Jabba in a cold night?
    A: Chevin Ephant Mon

10. What?s the main difference between male and female clothing of the Tuskens?
    A: Female have no ?mouth? in their face-mask.

The results:

Colorful Lunatics ---- 0 + 0 + 0 = 0
    Midlandorians v4 --- 8 + 5 + 10 = 23
    GSFF Nerf Herders -- 8 + 7 + 9 = 24
    Gjiiig -------------- 9 + 7 + 10 = 26

Were those questions really that easy? Maybe I'll have to find some harder ones for the last round. [face_devil] But it's great to see you all racing that hard! :D

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Ugh.

Dammit!
    Well, Captain Hanik, next time we need to make sure we get all the correct answers. :p

8. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    Congrats to all teams for that effective round. ;)

But we are still in the lead! :p

Sabine, the questions are SOMETIMES too easy, so some really hard questions would be nice.

Sometimes the problem is to know, what answers you expect.

Example:
    10. What?s the main difference between male and female clothing of the Tuskens?

What do you expect here? Ok, you meant the missing mouth hole. Where's that information from? There are many differences between the male and female Tusken clothes. So what to pick as the MAIN difference?

or the species on endor question: you can't name them all because every source states different species...

You sometimes choose questions, where we can't give an exact answer. Would be better to have just questions that are answerable non-ambigious... So you'd have to find hard questions, that are not ambigious. That's tough, I know... Just my two cents...

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's really tough to find difficult questions which are clear - especially since it seems to be different, if you know the answer or not. ;)

But I'll try for the last round. :)

Announcement:

Because I deleted some questions, I have to look up some new ones. But I couldn't find good questions fast yet because of my RL (plus I have to work today and tomorrow) and because it's not that easy (see above). That's why I won't post any questions for this weekend. You can find the questions for the final last round next Friday (11/16/07). Sorry that I have to delay the last round, but I hope you're happy about a weekend off. ;) :)

10. Hanik_Arran

Sep 27, 2007
    Well said, chief officer Ceillean. ;) Good thing nobody knows that we just didn't answer that one question to make the others teams feel safe. It's not like we never heard of this Chevin Ephant Mon before. I mean Ceillean, Chevin Ephant Mon and myself, we used to play a friendly game of Sabacc every friday. [face_liarliar] :p

You mean barely. :p

As for the new questions, just take your time Sabine. :) We don't want you to stress yourself out. ;) And if you need some more questions for the quiz, the Nerf Herders can help you out. [face_whistling] ;)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Of course you can help, but I'm not sure if you manage to forget the questions inlcuding the answers and the source that soon again. :p

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Jedi mind trick, anyone? :p

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Using on whom? o_O

14. Hanik_Arran

Sep 27, 2007
    Noooo! :_| Now Connie has given away our well-elaborated plan to select the questions and mind trick Sabine into not knowing about it.
    Well okay, we would have had to find someone who can actually USE mind trick. Second option would have been to bribe Sabine with sweets. :D
    Connie, we need a new plan to achieve victory. ;)

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    How did you find out that sweets (especially one kind) is the only way to bribe me?! :eek:

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I need your opinion! :)

I can post the last ten questions this Friday, but only very early - about 8 hours earlier, because I'm away this weekend. And from this could arise a problem, because I can't guarantee that I'll be able to log in and check my PMs in the case someone has a question or needs clarification, which some people did in the last games.

So my question for you is... Do you want those question this weekend, although it could happen that I'm not available, or do you want me to delay them until the next weekend?

Thanks for your point of view! :)

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    This weekend please. It would at least give me something to do. :p
    My weekends tend to get soooooo boring. :)

18. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    For me, it doesn't matter if this weekend or next.

19. Hanik_Arran

Sep 27, 2007
    We got our sources. :p But, just out of curiosity, which kind of sweets are your favourites? :D

Concerning the quiz, this weekend would be fine with me. :)

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Is that really that hard to figure out? ;) :p

Thanks for your point of view. :) But I like to hear the opinion of the other two teams as well, especially from the Midlandorians. :)

21. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    whatever is best for you!

just let us know :)

22. Hanik_Arran

Sep 27, 2007
    It isn't? Did I miss any clues? [face_thinking]
    Alright, as you studied sports science, let me guess: Ritter Sport chocolate? Jogger Gums? ;)

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] Not bad... one part I love and one part I just eat, if nothing else is reachable. :p

There's one reason, why I'm often at the WNU Welcome Newbie Party: There's a chocolate pool! :D :p

And you picked the right chocolate. Ritter Sport is a lot better than Milka. ;)

From the replies I got, you prefer this weekend a little bit. There was no one who said anyting against this weekend. So I'll post the question tomorrow morning (German time), which means in about 14 hours. :)

I hope you all get at least ten points per team! :D

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Good morning everyone! [:D]

Back from the chocolate pool and re-freshed... and in hurry again. :p

Here are your final and last ten questions! After these ones the whole Saga-Game is finished! Let's see who wins and if I am right about you all getting at least ten points in this final round. ;) :D

Enjoy them! :)

(I don't think you need the reminder this time, right? ;) )

Your last ten questions:

1. Give me the translation of the first full paragraph of the opening scrawl of RotJ, starting with ?A long time ago? and ending with ?Jabba the Hutt?, in Danish, French, Croatian and Spanish, please. (Each correct translation will give you one point)

2. Who is described as an ?alien male singer who sounds like Joe Cocker? by an important SW crew member?

3. Name all parts of R2-D2 on this picture! (Each completed 20% gives you 1 point.)
    [image=http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z175/BineFotos/FF%20SW%20Trivia/R2-D2.jpg]

4. Another translation: Please, tell me, what?s the translation of ?thank you? in Ewok speech? (correct spelling)

5. Where can you see the line ?THX-1138? in RotJ?

6. Double ?a?, double ?r?, but three ?r? all in all, starting and ending with an ?o? and filled with three other letters gives you a name. Which is his home world (written with a double ?s?)?

7. Who?s Lukes sister?

8. How was Bib Fortuna known during his very first appearing in the story concepts?

9. Name me one movie mistake of RotJ including R2-D2 and C3-PO.

10. What is the last (for us understandable) word of the saga on the DVD?

I hope all questions are clear, but nevertheless I'll try to come online this weekend, but as I said earlier I can't promise this.

Good luck and much fun for you all! [:D]

Have a good weekend! :)

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    :eek: Translations? Noooooooooooo... :p

I love the world wide web, though. :)

Also gut. Off to answer these questions. Let's see if the Nerf Herders win this round at least. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.