Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara, Apr 20, 2007.
Congratulations Colorful Lunatics
Yes. Just curious. What do you mean by 'control'?
[link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Model_TD2.3_electrobinoculars]Neuro-Saav TD2.3 Electrobinoculars[/link]
How does one control asteroid craters with Electrobinoculars? The only thing Luke did in the beginning of the movie with this tool is observe a probot hit the ground. He called it a meteor impact.
definition of control from dictionary.com
conÂ·trol /kÉ™nËˆtroÊŠl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhn-trohl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -trolled, -trolÂ·ling, noun
?verb (used with object) 1. to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command.
2. to hold in check; curb: to control a horse; to control one's emotions.
3. to test or verify (a scientific experiment) by a parallel experiment or other standard of comparison.
4. to eliminate or prevent the flourishing or spread of: to control a forest fire.
5. Obsolete. to check or regulate (transactions), originally by means of a duplicate register.
?noun 6. the act or power of controlling; regulation; domination or command: Who's in control here?
7. the situation of being under the regulation, domination, or command of another: The car is out of control.
8. check or restraint: Her anger is under control.
9. a legal or official means of regulation or restraint: to institute wage and price controls.
10. a standard of comparison in scientific experimentation.
11. a person who acts as a check; controller.
12. a device for regulating and guiding a machine, as a motor or airplane.
13. controls, a coordinated arrangement of such devices.
14. prevention of the flourishing or spread of something undesirable: rodent control.
15. Baseball. the ability of a pitcher to throw the ball into the strike zone consistently: The rookie pitcher has great power but no control.
16. Philately. any device printed on a postage or revenue stamp to authenticate it as a government issue or to identify it for bookkeeping purposes.
17. a spiritual agency believed to assist a medium at a sÃ©ance.
18. the supervisor to whom an espionage agent reports when in the field.
So I ask again: How does one control asteroids (which are up in space, not on Hoth; as soon as they hit atmosphere they are meteors) with binoculars? Even harder, how does one control the craters of an asteroid in space with binoculars?
Oh, and glad we won. Gotta tell my lady to get me colors.
Maybe 'check' would have been a better word. I didn't mean 'control' in the meaning of 'using the force'. Sadly I couldn't think of this word when I created the question or got asked in a PM.
Since you all know the movie very well (and that for sure ), I thought you know which scene I was talking about. Sorry, if this question was too misleading.
Shall I give you both a point for racking your brains about this question?
Skye, please, wait a moment, because I sent a PM to Mac already. But I'll talk to Earwen in a minute (aka sending a PM).