FF table @ CCEE - volunteers needed!

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by echosevin, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, I know I'm sounding like a broken record.....

Not only do we need FF volunteers to man the table, we also require a few fantastic people to set up and organize the table and it's content.

This is what we have from last year:
    *Nicole, Jamie and I did up a banner (which I believe Rae and Kent still have) - we can re-use this unless someone wants to make up a new one??
    *Kent has done up pamphlets and I have made numerous copies for handouts
    *I still have a bunch of business cards that can be handed out as well
    *I have the picture collage we did up last year, but it needs to be updated to include events from the past year.

If we could please get a few volunteers to organize and/or help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any other ideas to make our table a real eye catcher, let us know.

Thanks guys!
  2. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can definitely contribute some of my art, and I can volunteer too if you need me.
  3. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think it is time we upgraded to a vinyl banner. I will look into getting one from Kinko's.

The cost is likely around the $100 mark. I don't have a problem shouldering this, but if anyone wants to help out with the cost, I won't say no.

4. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Doc - I'll kick some $$ your way to help with that.

May I have our first banner back though? To keep in the 'archives'?? o_O
  5. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll definetely help set up. I'm glad our collages are in use still and can't wait to see how this new location will be like.
  6. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    echosevin - Yes, we still have the banner. I can get it to you next time we meet.
  7. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
  8. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    The volunteer list for manning the FF table is as follows:

10-12
    Yrol
    Garrett
    Kris
    Peter

12-1
    Scott
    Nicole
    Jay

1-2
    Scott
    Kent

2-3
    Dave Q.

3-4
    ??

4-6
    Ryan M.
    Jamie

I'd like at least two people on at a time, especially if you're a newbie :) . And we still need someone for the 3-4 shift. If you're available, we'd really appreciate your help.

Our table is in the BEST spot in the joint. Not only are we between Red 5 and the 501st tables, but ALL the media guests are DIRECTLY across from us!!! That's right, Robert Picardo, Ray Park, Lou Ferrigno, Morena Baccarin and Christina Hendricks are right in front of us!! You'll be able to ogle them all day =P~ So sign up now!

Thanks eveyone!
  9. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
  10. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Shawn - that's great! I just PM'd Yrol volunteering to switch my shift also. I think it'll be great to have both of us there for the same shift!
  11. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to let you all know.....the 501st will be trying out a game at the Expo to get the crowd involved with the costumed folks. It's going to be a highly butchered version of the Droid Hunt. Those of you from DC last year might know a little about it. But....it would be really fun if our Jedi friends would play along by helping us hand out some Jedi Mind Trick cards.

Basically the Troopers are hunting for Droids. The Droids are usually cards on lanyards that have a picture of a Droid on them. However, there are no lanyards as they just get a hand stamp for entrance, and since we don't know if this is going to fly at this Expo we didn't want to spend a lot of money. So this year the Droids are actually going to be bright orange butterflies glued to tiny clothes pins. Troopers will have to hunt for these Droids and approach the people and ask them "how long have you had these Droids". Without a Jedi Mind Trick card, they hand over their Droid and are given a raffle ticket in exchange. WITH the Jedi Mind Trick card they give the card to the Trooper and say "these aren't the Droids you're looking for". Then they get to keep their Droid a little longer.....until that Trooper circles back and nails them 10 feet in the other direction....haha. Anyway....we draw the tickets at the end of the hunt and people win things like posters and stuff. We're hoping it makes people feel involved with those of us in costume AND gives everyone, including us, something fun to do.

We'd really appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind handing out a few of the Jedi Mind Trick cards. There won't be many. But if you can involve the people when you do it by teaching them the Jedi Mind Trick hand move and stuff like that I think people will love it.

I can explain the rules again when we are all together.

Thanks!!
  12. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds really fun! I don't mind helping out, though I don't wear a "traditional" Jedi outfit. I'm pretty sure I'll still be recognizable as a Jedi though, lightsabers included. ;-)
  13. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is everyone in armor going to be participating in this, or is it just the 501st?
  14. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    It'll be BFett333's call if she lets you join in on the droid hunt in your custom Mando. I'll introduce you to each other on sunday and she can check out your costume. Fair warning though, because you're still underage I think that might limit you from participating in 501st activities. But like I said, it'll be up to Angela.
  15. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I figured it would be somthing like that. If I do get to participate though, it sounds like it will be fun.
  16. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone know how wide our booth/table is? I'm wondering if there'll be room for my double-bladed hilt with both blades installed. Say.....hmmmm..........about 7 feet total.
  17. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't really matter what you're wearing. People will get a kick out of it regardless so thanks to those that can help us out!

I think we're only going to give out about 100 butterflies and about 10 Jedi Mind Trick Cards. See how it goes and either scrap it for next year or run the full scale real deal. But giving "tips" to those with butterflies will help with the experience for sure. Telling them how poorly the troopers see and stuff....just playing in to the whole good guy/bad guy thing.

Tape Trooper.....we'll see what we can do. There's always something we can find for future recruits to help us out with! Make sure you come see me......people will be able to point out which one I am.
  18. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    What a fantastic idea, Angela! I'll help out any way I can :)
  19. LordFuron Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope I can get some help between 2-3. I don't bite! Honest!:)
  20. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I managed to get Saturday off, so I'm heading to Airdrie for the night.

As of 5:20pm Saturday (right now), I will not have internet access (I'm 99% sure of this). So, unless you have my cell number, you won't be able to reach me.

See you all tomorrow morning!!!
  21. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helped out at the table yesterday! I think our booth looked great and you guys looked fantastic manning it. Hopefully we'll see some new faces at the next meeting :)
  22. LordFuron Jedi Knight

star 1
    It seemed our group was fairly organized unlike the stampede grounds. Still had a great time!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.