main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA FF trivial pursuit.. SAFF team ??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by evil-incarnate, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Is the quiz over? :confused:

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes. And I doubt we will be participating again....seems (judging by the other teams that 'dropped out') that we aren't the only ones with this feeling....

4. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    are or aren't ?

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Man, you're in a mood, ain't you?:rolleyes:

6. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    No, just asking a question.

Defensive, arent we.....

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Always...you know that...

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I suppose so... as i'm always on the attack. [face_mischief]

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yup..... See?

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    First of all I'm sad that you got this feeling because it's just not true. I put a lot of work into this game. Not only to look up all questions and answers, wrote them down including the sources, but also thinking about the different answers the teams gave me. I always checked every answer and point I gave every team with a FFC Mod, so there won't be any things that accidentely slipped through.
    If a team came up with another answer, I checked their source as well, and in some cases I gave them the point because different official sources sometimes say different things. This was just because I wanted to be as fair as possible. This is also the reason why it was always ok to send me a PM to ask for clarification.

I'm really disappointed by your behaviour. If you got these feelings, why have you never asked me or any other RSA you trust?

When you speak about a 'certain' team, do you mean the GSFF? Honestly I didn't gave them any credits for being from my own FF. But if a team gave the right answer, I have to give them the point. Plus if you have read the new thread you can see an additional rule.

I also had a discussion about disqualifying you, because you haven't played that fair either. You had more than just the three team members to find the answers. But I didn't disqualify you.

So, please, don't be that unfair and blame me for things that are just false. Thanks.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I wasnt blaming you persay, and not knowing how many were involved in creating the questions, I would not presume to place the blame. But discussion amoungst us all agreed we felt that many of the questions were open to interpretation and that many could have had several answers depending on where you sourced your information. Thats what I meant. I imagine other teams had access to sources we didnt as I know as a team we put alot of time into sourcing our answers, sometimes several hours. Which is why when they were totally wrong we couldnt figure out where the answers were coming from.

I apologise if I have offended you, as that wasnt my intention. When we read our last score and saw some of the answers we'd gotten wrong and we couldnt figure out how, I was a little annoyed. I do understand its difficult to run this kind of thing, and I appreciate the effort you put in. Please forgive my outburst, as it wasnt intended to offend you, just to point out that the questions were left open to interpretation and it depended on where you looked as to what the answer was. Once again, I apologise.

12. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Actually Skiara, it was myself who first questioned the entire comp as I couldnt actually believe that with my resources I couldnt access the required answers.
    One of the answers (I believe) required the movie to be stopped in a particular frame to count the Jedi padawans in the training/map room. Another asked the names of un-named aides around a table. I really dont consider these to be questions of merit.
    That being said, I had the choice to play or withdraw.. I chose to withdraw.

Adalia has never done anything to warrant YOUR disappointment, I think that comment was misguided. You did your best running the comp for which we appreciate the effort you put in, but we were left puzzled by the type of questions you asked.
    Obviously many other teams were as well looking at the drop out rate.

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm sorry that you think that my questions were "open to interpretation". All I can offer (again) - and in the case that you change your mind and participate at one of the next rounds - is that you can ask me and if I can, I make them clearer, and if I give out additional information, I post them, so everyone can get those information.

Do you know for sure why other teams dropped? Or do you just conclude that it must be the same reason, why you stopped playing?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Dont know for sure, just guessing. I'm not sure I have time this round as with working two jobs, a family and costume making (not to mention the other board I Admin), I'm a little snowed under.

15. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Skiara,I may as well put my two cents in here as well. Firstly I think you've done a great job organising this competition. I understand how difficult it can be setting questions of just the right degree of difficulty. I was involved in an earlier round of a FF trivia game which was a bit of a disaster, but I think this one is much better.

I think you've got the right balance with having four week blocks allocated to each movie. Its a big time committment for a lot of people but its managable.

From a personal point of view I enjoy spending the time trying to figure out answers to your questions. I've a got a fair selection of reference books and its good to be able to make use of them. I even get to learn a few new things along the way. And its also a great way to have a bit of friendly rivallry between the other fan forces. At the end of the day, the final score is just of passing interest.

Having said all that, I did have a few gripes about some things. You've gone to the effort to explain yourself to us here, so discussing these things can only make future rounds better.

At the beginning of the round, if you say its going to run for the next four weeks, then we should stick to that. I found it a bit awkward that during the last round one of the teams requested a week off because they were busy. There were a few weekends where our team was busy doing other things as well, and I can imagine other teams experiencing the same. If a team misses a week then that's bad luck. So you could either let everyone know before the round of four weeks begin that there will be a break, or else for some reason you are not able to post the questions, maybe arrange for someone else to post on your behalf.

In regards to open ended questions, I think the last round of the AotC, there were a couple which must have come from very obscure sources, for example the one about why Yoda used the clones or could Jango destroy the homing device. I know in that round we cobbled together a number of theories to try to cover our bases. Do we get penalised for these shotgun answers, or would you prefer we present a single answer properly argued and referenced? But its only a couple of question like that. All the others are fine.

I don't quite understand your comment about us not playing fair because we asked other people for answers. Sure there are three people who put their names down as the 'official' team, but they are just representing their FanForce. Isn't this a FanForce competition? We use whatever resources we can muster to answer the questions in the time given. The other people who might help out from time to time are still in our FanForce so I think that's still in the spirit of the competition.

I appreciate your offer for us to join in again. So how can we say no? :D

Its only a game and as we say in Australia, "We're not playing for sheep stations".

Any other SAFFers interested in joining in for the next round?

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I might sit this one out, there is alot going on in my life right now and simply cannot commit the time. I need it for my own endevours. ;)

17. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Yup :)

Time permitting, but the one or two rounds I helped in were fun.

18. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm a yes ... again.

19. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    OK - That's three of us :)

Team SAFF
    - Meanders
    - Skipp
    - Toddi

Details here.

20. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    There's a delay, so it seems ... [face_thinking]

21. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Technical difficulties - maybe they had to review the "Stay on target" question [face_mischief]

22. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] ... let's hope Skiara doesn't use the SW TP dvd for questions! :p

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    A further delay. Questions to be posted 22nd, 8am boardtime.

24. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
  25. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005

Round One Questions

1. How tall is Anakin Skywalker as Vader?

2. In which exact minute of the movie does Anakin get his new name?

3. When the first clone-trooper gets the Order 66, there's a vehicle in the background on his left side. What color does its laser have?

4. Name the manufacturer of Yoda's escape pod! (Spelling!)

5. What's the crew of the Arc-170?

6. Which queen of Naboo attended Amidala's burial?

7. What is the difference about Lord Vaders Helm to the one in CT?

8. Who sit next to Amidala when the Senat got closed/demobilised?

9. Who defended the Temple's emergency beacon to his/her death?

10. Does Padme has siblings? If yes, tell me the name(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.