main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK Grand Day Out - Prep thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey guys, if you're interested in the big FF-UK meet, please check out this thread on the main board and post in the date poll so I get a good idea of when to do this thing.

http://boards.theforce.net/uk_regional_forum/b10027/23561101

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i've seen the poll, and with my current employment situation being what it is, i couldn't really say with any confidence when i will be free (got another bite on my cv phill, and i have to phone the md of a company on monday :D ). if i ever get an interview can i state that i already have holiday booked? if that's the case then i will wait and see the most popular dates on the poll and go with them. hell i might as well vote for all of the dates.

i think though that location is as, if not more, important than the date. the easiest option for everyone would be to hold it in the midlands, because it is the midlands, and easier to get to for everyone. i'm glad that timbolton brought that up, because i really didn't want to be the one to suggest it and then get jumped on by others saying "omg you lot are trying to take over" etc (that's my impression of what i imagined would happen. if it's the wrong impression then i apologise in advance).

so, where abouts in the midlands could we suggest for it to happen? sutton park is the first place that springs to mind: a big country park with forests, a lake (that i went swimming in once with a bunch of lads and had the "two bob bits" for a week afterwards :p ), a children's playground, literally a 5 minute walk from the centre of the shopping centre. perfect imho.

how would we go about approaching the authorities to ask if we can have barbecues etc? this question stands (i think) regardless of where this meet occurs.

3. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I agree with Dave on Sutton Park, although getting permission for a barbee could prove the stumbling block. I'll have a look around for locations and get back to you.

4. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    And Sutton Park is like across the road from my house so if anyone from outside the midlands needs somewhere to crash my house will always be open to them! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.