main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK Grand Day Out - Sunday 6th August - Sutton Park, Birmingham

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jairen, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, so all the polls etc are now complete and the final date and destination have been set. Sunday August 6th 2006 at Sutton Park in Birmingham.

Sutton Park, Birmingham. http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=2875&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=1754

So, all that needs doing now is to get the juices flowing with regards to what people want to do, what they will be bringing with them etc, etc. Chat away.

2. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    One word -

Bouncy Castle :D

Meh, that's two words but who cares?

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    o_O

Aren't you a bit old for such things? :p

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    you're never too old for a bouncy castle. we had one for my youngest's birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it was brilliant (but knackering)!!!

i have a gas barbecue i could bring. we need someone to bring a cricket set, and footballs etc.

and we need to contrive a way of getting TK there [face_thinking]

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I should hopefully be going to this
    I have a few things I need to sort out first, but hopefully they should be done by then.

I can provide some Cricket stuff. My friend has a bat signed by Tendulkar I can always borrow
    And I have a proper ball with a seam, which is useful for anyone who wants to do spin or reverse-swing bowling :p

6. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Rounders, fo sho!

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I'm too wimpy to play with a real cricket ball.!

8. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    yeah rounders for me too! alot easier than cricket and alot more bloody fun too!

9. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Nothing beats quick-criket!!

Lol not as dangerous or serious as proper criket.

I still need to see whether or not im with my dad that sunday or not. So im still not 100% on attending yet.

10. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Football and quick cricket all the way peps!!!

And does anyone need a place to crash? You can like see Sutton Park out my window. :D Well not literaly but its only across the road. :p So yeah! My house is open to any people needing a place to stay and don't wanna pay!

11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Jon - I might take you up on that mate pls - finances may be a little tight at that point, so if I can reserve a spot on yer floor or wherever then please count me in! Have sleeping bag - any floor will do! [face_praying]

12. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    My floor is welcome to you all! Consider hotel Jon offically open! :D

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    famous last words....

Ive a feeling Nige may drive but if he doesnt we may need crash space.

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll look for a frisbee in the shops around here ;) :cool: That's always fun apart from when I lose my glasses after dangling them on my shirt in Central Park, then we spend 30 mins looking for them.

Jon - you sure your parents ok with people crashing dude? I'll probs book myself in that hotel across the road from you anyways, looks like your floorspace is busy lol.

15. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Aslong as people don't make a mess. :p It should be fine I think. And tim your welcome here. :)

16. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh poo! I arrive in England on August 4, but I leave for my Contiki tour on the 5th. I'll be in Paris on the 6th. Bugger that I can't join everyone.

17. Dickie

Jan 19, 2005
    Hmm, this isn't a campsite then?! Would it be cheeky to ask for a floorspace Jon? Also, whats parking like there? I mean, how likely am I to wake up and find my car has been half-inched?! Or are you the only chav in the area? :p

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  19. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005

:eek: Can I skip the meet and go with you Nat?

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    One word: FRISBIE!!! [face_thinking]

This is going to be so cool.

Hmmm...we gotta think of some other things to do. Music has to be on the agenda, somewhere, me thinks.

Ummm...What else? [image=http://ff-uk.org.uk/ffuk/forum/images/smiles/idunno.gif]

21. Dickie

Jan 19, 2005
    Hmm, how about:
    - BBQ?
    - The 5-aside tournament we were planning?
    - Kareoke?
    - Mission to abduct TK and bring him over?
    - Huge water fight?
    - Even better - one of those water slide things!

edit: "The park is a remnant of an extensive forest that used to cover much of the Midlands. Sutton Park has retained many ancient features including prehistoric mounds and ruins as well as a Roman road making it of great interest to historical enthusiasts.

People use the park for a great variety of reasons: walking, cycling, horse riding, fishing, jogging, kite flying, canoeing, sailing and orienteering are among the pastimes the park's annual 2 million visitors enjoy."

So :
    - Visiting old things?
    - General mucking about in the water with floaty things (it sounds like there's a recreational lake/river)?
    - Jogging?

22. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i went swimming in one of the lakes at sutton park once. there were 6 of us swimming out to a boat in the middle of the lake. we were in the water for about 40 minutes until we noticed a herd of cows crapping and pee-ing straight into the lake on the far side [face_plain]

to say that we all had the runs for 4 days afterwards would be putting it mildly [face_plain]

the moral of this story? you go swimming and i'll watch :p

23. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    :eek: :mad:

And I actually live in quite a posh area, I'm not bragging but a lot of the Villa players live by me. (Ok I am bragging) :p Crouchy used to live down the road in the big fancy flats, could of told me he was going to Liverpool and I would of got him to sign my shirt. :p I used to see him when I did my paper round, he would always go into the papershop and buy the Sunday Mail and a Yorke Bar, thats all he ever bought. :confused: So yeah, enough of a ramble about Englands no.1 striker your car will be safe around here. :p

And I asked my parents, they don't mind people staying. :D Just don't make a mess. :p So who is coming? Just Jase and Dickie at the mo? What about you Tim?

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    You'd never tell :p

The park sounds like a nice place
    Been a while since I was in a nice park, most of the parks here have been closed due to major vandalism

25. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm up for some footie as long as Wiz promises not to jump on his own children whilst playing again !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.