main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK:M 1st Birthday Party - New info inside

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

well i have just got up. got a couple things to do. then ill set out at around 10 :D

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm coming for sure btw. Got a lot of gear, a bag, a tent and a lightsaber. Feel like I'm going camping or on holiday or summit. :p

3. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    It will be greats to see you again mate!!!

see you soon. now shutting down the puter....

4. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    WOW thank you all for a great day!!! it was totally awesome and i reli didnt actually wana leave!!

it was great to meet all the new faces...and draw on em[face_shhh] :p and i hope to see them again soon.

Thanks to Lord and Lady Wiz for opening up their house once again to a bunch of nutters!!

i thought today - yesterday now - we all just seemed to connect and I personally felt much more like a member of the group!! im not sure the BIG meet could ever match up to this but I will have to attend and see....

hope to see you all again very soon.

LONG LIVE SFFG!!!!!!!!!!!

Hip Hip
    Hurray!!!!

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    As David has already said, Thanks to Dave and Ang for hosting another great evening.

It was good to put faces to names and be able to talk in an informal setting, thanks to all those that attended.

6. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Just this sec got back, ran strait to the computer, sad I know. :p

But awesome time last night!!!! It was bril! A big, big thanks to Dave and Angie like people said, letting us run riot in there house. But yeah it was a great time! Can't wait for the pictures. :D

And a big thanks to Tom for giving me a lift home, we kinda went the long way round but was well worth it when we found that van. :p And wth with that biker trying to race us??? :confused:

So yeah! Bril time! :D Nice to meet those for the fist time (Hal, Dean ;)) Btw, sorry if I snored in the tent Dean. [face_blush]

*frames swizzle's Love Heart Award*

:D

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    My sis laminated my tifficate this morgan!! wooooo

8. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Ok, here is one or two pictures. There a bit crappy, but I had to use my phone for pics.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/DSC001211.jpg]
    L > R
    Lord-Wiz, Verity, DewbackRider88, rebeljediknight88, Jon, Tay-Mar, orn-free-tada and tim

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/Picture38.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/Picture37.jpg]
    The 2 wonderful cakes! :D

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/Picture41.jpg]
    And our new RSA didn't last long before I had him at my mercy before decapitating him. [face_devil]

9. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Thank you sooooo much dave and angie!!! Sorry we kinda trashed your house with party poppers and empty glasses/bottles :p

Cheers for all the lifts, laughs and loudness guys, best party of the year fo' sho'

Nice to meet people I hadnt met before (Tom, Dean, Lil Dave, Martin, Angie and nige, the wooden top lol)

Cant wait to see Chris's video of the day, will be awsome!

[face_peace]

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Ooh, no one's mentioned the bowling. What happened? :D

As people have stated it was great to meet all those I'd not seend before (not including DewbackRider cos he didn't mention me in his list :p )

I enjoyed a good debate with JangoFett9 and SithLordDarthRichie about EU, and I'm glad to say that my logical arguments were more than a match for them :p

Huge thanks to Dave and Ang for putting us all up. No mean feat, as there were loads of us there.

And I should also give thanks to the RAC who sponsored my journey to Birmingham, not once but twice [face_plain]

And more thanks to Verity and Nige for giving me a lift to Nottingham train station this morning. I got there at 12:15, and my train didn't leave til 15:30, but there was a very nice pub right next door :D

I apologise for being so knackered. No one regrets it more than I, but standing in the searing heat on the side of the M6 for 2 hours kinda takes it out of you :)

But it really was a great day. And what an inaugural performance from the SFFG Country band (halibut, Happy Ninja, timbolton, and SithLordDarthRichie on Harmonica, spoons, saxophone, and trumpet) with a resounding rendition of Camptown Ladies!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself :)

And the less said about the Absinthe the better [face_sick]

11. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Just got back in.. and wow, blimey that was a good party!!

Big big thanks to Lord Wiz and Lady Tom for hosting the party. You were brilliant enough to make sure we were all fed and all full of absinthe before bed too

Nice to meet everyone I hadn't before and also very good to see the quick Tenclo teaser you gave us Hal :p

Here
    's the pictures I got on my phone, various video clips will be poping up rather soon.. so be warned

Cheers again Wiz!

12. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Waking up to the sound of tenclo was really unusual, but soon managed to wake up and get myself into the living room for that lil'treat! :)

Tres cool night everyone, twas great fun! thanks for the great party wiz and it was very cool to meet the people i hadnt beofre and to catch up with those I had :) ...

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    What a great party!!!! So much fun, I loved it. Thanks guys for welcoming me into the Midlands (my first meet there ;) )

Huge thank you to Dave and Ang for playing host to this, for feeding the hungry, and just being great!!! Big thanks to Phill too for everything he did :cool: :D

Love the bowling, the barbie, and all the extra stuff ;)
    Just had a great time, but so tired now, I'll post more later :)

And hehe, my head is still attached despite all the lightsaber burns :p

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, gang!

Last night was an absolute treat! Had a great time, and I hope everyone else did. Thanks to all who attended, and to Dave and Angie for being great hosts.

Photos are being uploaded now. :)

EDIT: Piccy's are now up! :D

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Great pictures people, I'll get some of mine up later

Great party, nice to meet everyone I'd seen before and those I had not met. Thanks to Dave & Angie for allowing us to use their house and garden, and for giving us a lift to places

16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Gee, I hope someone puts up the video of me dropping Ang's pressie whilst tom is opening his :p

it was a very circus moment, for me anyways [face_blush]

17. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Hal i don't think it was me discussing EU with you buddy......Thikn that may have been l'il dave aka rjk_88!

thanks for a great party everyone. Thankyou to phill dave and ang for all the effort they put in to make sure a great time was had by all! N i know it was! so thanks again.

Was great to meet everyone i hadnt met before (Hal, Chris, Rob, Richie, Tim) and great to be back in old company again. In case you were wondering, yes I was hungover this morning....and dam me for missing the TENCLO stuff!!! DAM!

the awards were brilliant....and Chris' bowling technique was great and soooo effective!!! lmao!

overall thanks for a great night and cnt wait to see more pictures and video's of me making a fool of myself! :rolleyes:

18. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    what a day / weekend.

bowling was awesome fun. as tom says, chris' technique was someting to behold :p , richie's technique was worth a watch too o_O :p

well done to hal for winning the bowling =D=

big shout has to go out to hal for making it over. breaking down twice on the way can't have put you in the best frame of mind, and standing on the side of the motorway you must have been thinking "will it be worth all this?", i'm glad you enjoyed it :D

jon, outstanding that you made it too considering the week you had. i hope we took your mind off things at least for a short while [:D]

thanks go out too, to the folks who aren't midlanders and made huge efforts to join us at our birthday party, rob, tim, richie and dean. a pleasure to meet you guys (in some cases again ;) )

cheers to nige for rescuing the burgers. they were crap and i won't be buying own brand again ;)

the gifts were good fun ( *looks at his fridge magnet * [face_dancing] ), although somebody has cunningly left their roll of parcel tape!

glad you all liked your certificates too. the fun phill angie and myself had coming up with those was awesome! they could have been so much worse [face_mischief] . sorry for buggering yours up phill :oops: , i genuinely didn't realise :(

good fun staying up till 4.30 with most of you guys, does this bring back any memories:

* looks at chris.... * :p

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Meets/reddevil.jpg]

* ....and tom the next morning *

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Meets/tom.jpg]

phill made some great points when he was handing out the certificates to everybody, but i buggered up the one to lady_wiz (because i hate standing in front of people making speeches, and remember, i can't do role play :p ;) ) so i'll do it now. i wanted to thank her for all her hard work behind the scenes to keep things ticking over in our club. she is rarely active on the boards, but in real life she is my rock. she looks over my shoulder and reads the threads, and checks (some) of my posts and pm's before i send them, so if any of you have been upset by one of my posts or pm's please bear in mind that the one you recieved or read was the censored version ;) :p . the work that angie does for our group is incredible. the party at the weekend was mainly down to her hard work, with phill helping along and me chipping in when required (like buggering up the burgers on the barbecue :p ), so a big thanks to angie =D= [face_love] :*

thanks all for coming. it was, as always, a pleasure :)

19. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    I just like to say thanks for a great party I had a really good time. Thanks Dave and Ang for doing all the food and letting all of us crash at yours.

20. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Big thanks for all the hard work put into making sat night such a good night. I didnt really get chance to talk to those Ive never met before, what with helping Nige climb out of the bushes he fell into and later having to assess cricket bat damage. Hopefully we can all do it again in August, well, apart from the cricket bat thing.

21. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    My God that was so funny! The noise it made when he clonked it off his head! [face_laugh] Poor guy. Did you get it on video Chris? :p

And yeah you?re right Dave. Ang is the backbone of the group with what she does for the group. And such a lovely person! Thanks for all your hard work to the group, Ang. :) [:D]

And yeah, the party was just what I needed after a week like that. I was able to be more or less myself without worrying. I may have gone a bit quite at times and not very lively but overall I was able to just enjoy myself! Sorry if I didn?t talk to some of you much or whatever, but I think I was pretty much normal. And a big thanks to those who have offered words of wisdom and tried to help, in rl and online. Tim, Dave, Hal, Tom, Dean, Martin. Just think you should know I really appreciate your efforts in cheering me up, dunno if I have really showed much appreciation, but I really am grateful. Nice to know you care. :) Everyone has really helped. Sorry if I missed anyone off. But all you guys on the ffuk are a great bunch of people and I love you all!!!! [:D]

*emotional speech over* :p

22. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    sounds like i missed some great stuff :_|

23. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Don't think I could have said it any better myself.

Putting it simply:

[image=http://www.myspacenow.com/myspace/animated111.gif]

24. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I wish!! 250 quid!!!

25. Lady_Wiz

Lady_Wiz Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] lmao @ Mark!

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Shucks you guys [:D]

What can I say that hasn't already been said. I'm just glad that everyone had a great time.
    I always worry that people won't enjoy themselves, but seeing these posts has really made me happy.

Long live the SFFG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.