main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK Midlands Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Happy Ninja, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    that wud be good for was planning to see it agen this week anyway!

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hmmm...Orange 2 for 1. That's okay, but I'm not with Orange, and I've got a prior engagement this Wednesday.

3. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm not with Orange either so kinda stumped! lol
    anyway If this is going to happen need to get it together guys n gals! are we gona go n see it at starcity before it closes this thursday?
    personally wud love for this to happen..

4. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    What about this Thursday, then?

Might as well catch the 21:30 showing -- Think about it...We were there for the first showing...We can be there for the last showing, too! :)

5. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    as Darth Vader would say from ROTS "NOOOOOOOO!"
    I'm working this thursday night!!!! god damn you Lichfield Garrick!!

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, I could do tomorrow night, Wednesday night if it's the 22:50 or the 23:45 showing, or Thursday, but that puts you in a bind.

Or we could do next week at another cinema.

I wonder why they're taking it down so quickly?

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    any time would be good for me, except at the weekend, but if it finishes thursday thats irrelevant. first day and last day showings sounds good though. i will go with the majority on this one! ;)

8. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    quite a few blockbusters coming up i suppose....batman next week!
    but yeah I can do any day apart from thursday or satday as I'm working! please book a day when im not working lol

9. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Any night this week is going to be a total nitemare for me but I'll make myself as available as possible, you could always conference call me when you guys meet up.

10. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    well I can take it we not going to see star wars this week then?

11. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I think it's beginning to look that way.

We could always do next week at a different cinema.

Hey, what's happened to the post reply page?

12. Squire

Squire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm surprised Star City are taking ROTS down so quickly!! I personally wouldn't recommend the other two local cinemas, Cineworld at Bentley Bridge or Showcase at Junction 10, unless you're desperate or lacking in transport!!

13. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    How do you think I feel? Showcase at Junction 10 is my local...I'm there every Sunday, but that's only because it's within walking distance for me, although I usually drive, cause I'm lazy! o_O

I think ROTS will be there for a few more weeks, but the only problem is that it isn't loud enough there...So Showcase is good in a pinch, but I'd rather go somewhere else to be honest.

I've never been to the Showcase in Dudley before, so I can't comment on that one, but that's another option we have.

I also think they are taking the film down in the Odeon in Brimingham City Centre as well.

14. Squire

Squire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    I can understand if it's convenient! However, Star City is no nice and clean, and it has adequately tiered seating, so you can see even if Chewbacca sits in front of you... Comfy seats too. Oh and a bowling alley/Nandos nearby helps ;) Makes it worth the extra 20 minutes or so drive to go there, rather than the other two which are nearer.

Bentley Bridge is turning into a some sort of Chav gathering place, which is a pity seeing as it's only just up the road. Friends have had some strange experiences there.

Actually we saw ROTS gold class at SC, which was amazing - big leather reclining armchairs, free unlimited popcorn, alcohol allowed and handy side tables. Very much recommended!

15. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Sorry if I've messed up the plans for this week guys but the spawning process isn't an exact sceince, knowing my luck she won't even go into labour until Sunday now I've posted this message. Just let me know if you're going to another cinema and when you'll be there and I'll do my best to get there.

Don't let my situation slow the momentum, this chapter idea is bigger than any one of it's members, besides you guys would get the satisfaction of telling me what's going on and I know how much you'd all love to tell me where to go and what to do. ;)

16. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    hey Tay dont worry mate we will arrange a date when all of us can go the only date i cant do next week is tuesday night as I have exams on Wednesday.....
    but yeah I can get to showcase Walsall or anywhere but wudnt really want to travel too far..

17. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dude, you have to come! Where else are we going to get our popcorn related hijinks! :p

18. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I totally agree with Mark wouldnt be the same with out you Martin! specially after what me n u were tlkin bout tonite! (Anakin-Obi-Wan....man that was funny lol)
    n this time i need to bring my lightsaber so I can strike you guys down with great vengeance and furious anger!

19. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I'd bring mine too...if I could find it, that is. Give you a whooping!

20. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    You can try Mark I'm the master with my Count Dooku Lightsaber....is this a challenge my....brother?
    Are you threatening me Master Jedi?!

21. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    It's treason, then.......RrrrroooooAAAAAAGGGH!!! :p

22. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well boys. you run out and play, but a word of warning, be careful with your sabers in the cinema or some miserable boring manager will come and ask you to put them in hte car or their office ! Yeah THATS gonna happen.

23. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    dont worry im sure me and mark could give him hell specially the manager of starcity "Why are you taking rots down so soon?!"

24. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    After the may 19th incedent Happy Ninja and I could get away with murder at Star City. I'm still eagerly awaiting the second youngling, I'll post once the spawning has taken place and we can make some arrangements after that guys.

25. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    yes the 100th post in our thread and its mine!!!!
    anyway Tay wudnt do this without you a meetup is nothing without one of our loyal members at hand!!
    but defintly wud luv to see it agen next week before I go and see Batman!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.