FF UK : N - a thought for the day, every day - only one 'thought' post daily please!

Discussion in 'North' started by edgejedi88, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the thread of calm, meditation, reflection and silent thought...just an idea to keep things moving here, call it a motivational thread...If no one has posted on the board on any one day (which happens!), then please contribute to this thread if you drop in.

If you come on to the board and find that no one has actually left a thought for the day, then please do so below. Please - no spamming.

Todays thought then to kick things off, Sunday 4th December 2005

See the beauty

Do you see the beauty in this day? Look around with love and gratitude in your heart, and the beauty of life will look back at you from every direction.

Do you see the beauty in the person next to you? Fill your mind with thoughts of understanding and acceptance, and that beauty will become abundantly clear.

Do you see the beauty within yourself? Connect to your highest, most treasured vision of how life can be, and that beauty will come springing forth.

Do you see the beauty that can be? Open yourself to the most positive possibilities, and that beauty will pull you forward into its delightful realm.

Beauty is more than what is on the surface. Beauty is more than what is obvious.

The most powerful and valuable beauty is the beauty that you bring to life. See the beauty, and you will make it be.

-- Ralph Marston

2. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    hdf;qfhewfhefo;o'vc.;uo;fhq pqfqaifpoeq'FEOU'EQygq804ty'8y

(sec hitting his head on the key board in shame ) ive not been sleeping ! im stressed very stressed help -
  3. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    read the post above Dave to bring you tranquility and serenity - thatnks for your 'thought' for the day though...:rolleyes:
  4. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    My thought of the day - not quite sure who said but very profound non the less:

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "damn... we ****** up !!"

:D
  5. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    The needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one !
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Go deep

The problems and disturbances are all near the surface. Go deep, and you'll find your way beyond them.
    The tumult and confusion can be overwhelming if you keep yourself in the middle of it. Take a step back, and give yourself some perspective.

When you become completely wrapped up in the comings and goings of your outer life, it can quickly wear you down. Connect often to your inner purpose, and let it revitalize you.

There is nothing to be gained by running away or hiding from your troubles. Yet there is everything to be gained by detaching yourself from them.

You are more than whatever is troubling you. Give yourself some distance and give yourself the opportunity to successfully address the causes of your problems, not just the symptoms.

Your difficulties do not define you. Yet they do give you an opportunity to move powerfully forward.

Go deep, to your most treasured purpose, and the storms on the surface cannot stop you.

7. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...ok - missed a day - so here is the thought for yesterday...this is pretty relevant to FF-UK : N I guess! ;)

Even the smallest step

A tiny little improvement is infinitely better than doing nothing. For those tiny little improvements add up.
    A small word of encouragement is far better than no encouragement at all. Just imagine what it might mean to someone.

Today you have the opportunity to make the world a better place. Much more likely than not, that opportunity will come in the form of something seemingly insignificant.

Yet though it may seem unimportant at the time, though no one may notice, a small positive act can have a big positive impact. Because it can create a positive momentum.

Even the small achievements are achievements. Even the smallest step in the direction of your goal will bring you closer to that goal, much closer than if you had done nothing.

When you're able to take giant strides, by all means do so. When you're not, then take whatever step you can, make whatever improvement you can, offer whatever kindness you can.

The positive momentum you establish and maintain will make more of a difference than you might imagine. Even the smallest step counts in a big way.

8. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...for Richard Pryor @};-

'I think about dying. I've come to realize we all die alone in one way or another. You can have a roomful of people when it's your time to walk into the light, but you can bet your a-- not one person will offer to go with ya. Sure, I have friends, plenty of friends, and they all come around wantin' to borrow money. I've always been generous with my friends and family, with money, but selfish with the important stuff like love. I don't know nothin' about that-do any of us?'

Written by Richard Pryor - 01.12.40 to 10.12.05
  9. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK guys.... bit of a theme going on here....we missed posting here yesterday too....:p

With the end of the year in sight and a time to spend with friends and family....Enjoyment and accomplishment

Certainly it is possible to get things done without enjoying yourself. It is also possible enjoy yourself without getting anything done.
    However, the best approach is to get things done while also enjoying yourself. That's the way to reach long-term success and to build one accomplishment on top of another.

If you aim to simply enjoy yourself without getting anything done, then the result is that you don't get anything done. You may be very positive and cheerful, at least for the moment, but after a while it will seem quite empty.

On the other hand, if you're driven to achieve, without any consideration for the quality of your life along the way, that can be empty, too. Sure, you may get what you want, but you're also likely to become burned out and resentful.

Instead, seek to combine enjoyment and accomplishment. There's no need to struggle against your own desire to enjoy life, and there's no need to let that desire prevent you from achieving what you intend to achieve.

Your best choice is to make the effort, move toward your goals, and delight in the moments along the way. When you enjoy the journey there's never any reason to stop.
  10. Susan_Delgado Jedi Knight

star 1
    ummm best said by the monty python team in life of brian.

always look on the bright side of life.

or for the morbid.

always look on the bright side of death.
    even when you draw youre terminal breath.
    lifes a piece of **** when you look at it.

and always draw a deep breath and think of all the good things you have just little things work for me. then look down the street and see all the others who dont have what you have and smile even when their throwing stones and shouting abuse tis what i do gets me through the day.

11. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't
  12. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd love to put something profound and deep here but as I can't think of anything and neither am I a profound or deep person I'll add

Wibble.

Just remember that when it all seems really bad and your stressed and rushed off your feet, if your with mates and someone utters a random funny word things seem better.

WIBBLE!
  13. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/epguide/images/four_goodbye.jpg]

=D= @ MFB

Thats as good a thought as any and it makes me laugh for sure!
  14. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had
    to kill today because they pissed me off.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on
    today as they may be connected to the ass that I may have
    to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work....
    12% on Monday
    23% on Tuesday
    40% on Wednesday
    20% on Thursday
    5% on Fridays

And help me to remember.....
    When I'm having a really bad day,
    and it seems that people are trying to piss me off,
    that it takes 42 muscles to frown and
    only 4 to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!
  15. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Ogli's been and got the motivational callender from the office.
  16. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    lol. Actually I still got that one from college, Kinda addopted it as my mantra before I gave up and went down the pub.
  17. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    c'mon guys...getting slack here - heres a belated thought for yesterday...

Above and beyond
    When life asks for a single measure of effort, give two, or three. When just a little bit of patience and understanding is called for, give a lot.
    When a small thing is expected of you, give more than what's expected. Once you've worked yourself into a positive, productive, value-creating state, keep it going for a while.

Every extra effort draws immense leverage from all the ordinary efforts that have preceded it. Once you have positive momentum established, it pays to make the most of it.

The longer you extend that momentum, the more powerful it grows. In such a situation, even a small extra effort can produce large and impressive results.

If you stop when you've done just the bare minimum, you walk away from all the momentum you've created. What a shame it would be to waste something so valuable that you've worked to create.

Instead, choose to go above and beyond. You'll find that every extra effort will add greatly to life's richness.

18. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    bored with being alone and uninspired, he commits his last post to the thread as it heads to the bottom of the 'big thread heap'...:rolleyes:
  19. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm reading it, I'm just not good at coming up with this stuff and U didn't want the thread going off topic.
  20. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    if this keep's up we'll end up the jedi knights who say

NIE

i want a shrubbery
  21. Susan_Delgado Jedi Knight

star 1
    he is not the messiah!!
    hes a very naughty boy.

tis a very apt saying at the moment.

plus my sister has bought me the monty python movie boxset for christmas!!!!
  22. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
  23. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey there dude!

You are not Suzy's bro are you?
  24. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This was a great idea Jase, so apologies for not getting involved earlier. I got a small diary at Christmas, which has some good quotes from the past on each page, I'll post random ones of those -

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

--- Confucius

25. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought this appropriate.

You are still you.

Because you are aware of your awareness, you can transcend it. Not only can you see what is here and now, you can visualize the best of what can be.
    If you were limited to merely reacting to events, you would be a prisoner of your circumstances. But you are not any such thing.

For you are blessed with the ability to step back from even the most intense situations. You can hold and nurture within you a vision that transcends the outer reality of any moment.

Keep that in mind the next time you become frustrated by life's ups and downs. There is a very real and powerful part of you that exists above and beyond every frustration, setback and disappointment.

By all means live and enjoy and experience life in the universe that surrounds you. At the same time, stay connected to that essential part of you that exists independent of the outside influences.

Whatever happens or fails to happen, you are still you at the deepest, most profound level. Remember that, and you'll find renewed confidence to step boldly forward no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.