main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK North by NorthWest - Curry Meets (monthly?)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    well, i would prefer to eat there if we were to strand in manchester. and seeing as my bank and i decided that i'm broke (gah!) manchester is the cheapest options for me. but then i haven't had a decent meal in liverpool and neither have i been to southport.

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Well if it is better for you then I'm happy to eat in Manchester, and I'll assume that Tim will too.

So Manchester 7th May for our first Curry Meet?

3. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yes we shall do that :)

4. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Cool, all we need now is Tim's thoughts on this :p

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Sorry I haven't posted in two days, Tues and Weds are my late nights at work and I am like a zombie when I get back in.

Only one thought came up with that monday, it's bank holiday monday isn't it? Will that affect trains much I am wondering.

So whereabouts is this restaurant - in Rusholme? This the one with the waiters you oogle missus? :p

6. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I didn't know it was a Bankholiday, that fact it is would mean that transport might would run a Sunday service that day so we wouldn't be able to stay to late.
    Would it be better to go with the Monday after or are you busy Tim?

I just had a thought, I might have to work that Monday. So we might have to change the date.

7. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i'm mostly free, except for tuesday nights so whatever you come up will be fine :)

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    As far as I know Tim is free on the 14th May (unless he goes to Bristol) and I don't know weather I'll have to work the Bankholiday (I never know when I'm working with KFC) so the 14th would be better for me.

9. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    oh, and it is the curry place from afore. we don't have to go there... *cough* but i suggest going to rusholme all the same.

10. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    If I'm free on the 7th and we make a meet out of the 99th's Fun Day, how does everyone feel about going in to Liverpool later in the evening for a curry?

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Maybe ... I am ok for both the proposed days, not going to Bristol on the 14th weekend.

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Or we could do the Fun Day on the 7th and the curry meet the week later if you want.

13. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    guys, the 5th is free comic book day! am i the only one getting so excited over that that she would like to celebrate that with a curry?

and liverpool sounds good, too, assuming they have a comic book shop :D

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    M - they have two comic shops: Forbidden Planet and World's Apart (FP Associate) - both good sized shops.

Only prob with free comic book day is that it's more a US event, and we are lucky if UK places take it up (it's not free to the retailers, they have to buy those "free" comics in bulk from Diamond/Titan - I know because I tried to get some for our table last year). FP Manchester didn't even know it was on one year. So, not sure if FP or travelling man are doing it this year - tho Travelling Man may be because on that day they have signing artists (incl. one for Hellboy). Plus, there is no SW comic in the lineup this year, so I probs won't get 'owt - especially since I am in Milton Keynes on the 5th.

Not sure if doing the May Day, then going back for a curry, will be too much - I am ok with it, but Martina has the further to travel. Up to her.

15. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well if you think it's better to keep them separate then that's what we'll do. It's better for me just in case I can't make it on May Day. So the 14th May for our curry night?

Does anyone want to catch Spiderman 3 before we have the curry, or will it be better just to have the meal?

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    14th is great and spider-man before sounds even better!

travelling man advertised it in their shop window in manchester. i didn't ask them but they sure wouldn't just advertise it, would they? if they don't mean to have it.

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    So Monday 14th May, go watch Spiderman 3 and then have a curry?

I know Tim's still happy to come along and so am I :p Still ok Martina?

I know it might be early but what would a good time to meet, do we go to the Printworks to watch the film and go down to Rusholme?

18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    depends on when they show the movie, no?

19. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well it all depends on when we can all get to Manchester, what the film times are and what time we all need to go home at :p

20. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yes, so maybe we should sorta wait until nextish wek to determine these thing :)

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye, I was just bored last night and I wanted to make sure this meet happened :p

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Think by Weds/Thurs of next week we will definitely know film times.
    Are we gonna see film before meal or after? I would say before because if we eat at 5-6pm-ish it'll be close call getting home. I know I can go home from Man Victoria which is close to thefilmworks, not sure about you Coz?

23. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Victoria is better for me because the last train to mine is at 11:11pm, Spiderman is on for nearly over 2 1/2 hours so maybe we should see it after the meal.

24. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    If we eat around 6pm, leave there 7pm or later, film will take us to 10pmish, I'll get stranded :p

Extra thought - we can happily sit and discuss the film at the meal.

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Fair enough, would be better to eat afterwards. I wasn't sure what was best for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.