main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK North (by NorthWest) - Dr. Who/Christmas meet up (09/12/2006)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Ok there is already a thread about this meet but I want to get the attention of you North East members.

When me and Tim last met up we talked a little about making the Wirral meet a Christmas meet too, so after visiting the Dr. Who Exhibition and a few places in Birkenhead we're going to go back into Liverpool where we'll have a meal and a drink.
    I thought it would be nice if the North East came down for this at least for a drink to celebrate the season of goodwill as a chapter.

Now if I have to send constant PM's to get you lot to come I will :p

2. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    A Dr Who exhibition sounds fairly fun, but I think it would be too costly to get to Wirral. I wouldn't be able to stay overnight either, which would be a problem I'm guessing.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Two words will have us jumping at the chance.

Curry. Night :p

4. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Sounds good :)

[image=http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3541/danwhothesv0.png]

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Sie, if that's what it takes to bring you lot down to Liverpool then so be it :p

Oh did I mention beer?

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm there already :p

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  8. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    er, so that's the wirral thing as well?

i'm getting seriously confused with what's what and everything.[face_blush]

alright, whatever x-massy thing is planned, i'll only be here until the 17th and i would love to meet you guys again before the end of this year :D

9. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Yep it's the Wirral meet :) The meet is so far planned for the 9th Dec so you should still be here.

Sorry for the confustion DF, just started this thread to let the rest of the North know that we would be doing someting for Christmas, a meal and a drink that kind of thing.

Even if you don't want to go to the Dr Who thing, your more than welcome to meet up later :)

Shame that the Noth East have started to paln thier own Christmas meet :( Would have been cool to get us all toegether.

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    It would be nice, I totally agree, but as always it's the cost of crossing the Pennines. It would be nice to see both groups visit the other coast at least once a year, maybe next year. Manchester and York are not counted (not the coast) - but are the BIG meets we have where a lot of members turn up.

I think the Christmas dos will work easier if they are the smaller localised ones (NW/NE) this time, and maybe we can plan bigger and better next year. It means that at least everyone in the North has the opportunity to attend at least one Christmas do, rather than drop out due to expensive travel.

And for next year - how about NW/NE team-up for a few nights (weekend?) in Blackpool? We all get to see NW coast, and then we do another NW/NE meetup in Whitby? That way we get some none-convention North meet ups, as well as doing the conventions where people don't mind paying to travel. Social meets are our strength, but when it gets too expensive I fully understand people not wanting to pay out.

And then can have localised meets too. As usual all are welcome if you can travel, but as we have seen this year, people said they would love to come to things but nearer the time dropped out due to costs. And I don't like the idea of people with cars solely footing the bill for others. It's not fair on the people with cars.

So, a good idea, but I can't see people able to pay for trains/cars that close to Christmas (and after G-Mex) to travel across from NE/NW to other coast for a Christmas. Maybe next time?

11. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    totally agree Tim.

It'd be good for another big meet but Crimbo is coming and money is getting less & less [face_frustrated]

but GMEX is going to be great to meet those on the far side of the pennines [face_peace]

I think we should arrange a NW/Ne meet for say Feburary of next year - I always find that Janurary tends to be a very skint month !!!

bit off topic - but just putting it out there :D

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well you can't blame a guy for trying :p I figured some would find it hard to come, but it was worth a shot.
    Your right about maybe next year [face_peace]

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I think the whole short-notice of it is really the problem there, Cozmic. You know that we would all love to come down, but after GMEX and before Xmas, as spike said, finances would be strained.

Tim seems to have stolen all the best ideas I was supposed to come up with about meets between NE and NW sections, but he hit the nail on the head with coastal meet idea. That was a great one =D= Fish n chips all round, (cept for the veggies :p)

And if we do Blackpool, it could be a good idea to make that a FFUK: North Fun Day. It's what the Blackpool Pleasure Beach was made for (literally, once we leave, they close down and don't open again until we're back in town :p)

14. Whim_of_the_Whills

Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2006
    Might have a bit of a problem re transport.

Polyhex's brother Mark, and Carol and Jon have shown interest in this, which means a full car. Whilst Mark does have a car, and I've hinted he should drive to Liverpool as well, I do not think he is confident with motorway driving.

Will get definites this weekend so we can sort out travel arrangements.

15. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    You do know I'm holding you all to a Blackpool meet next :p Like I said, I did think it was a long shot but I thought I'd still invite everyone anyway.

It does seem that full chapter meets are not easy ones to set up but I'm cool with just localised meets :)

Since it looks like theres only going to be a few of us, maybe we should have our first monthly NW Curry Night that day :p

16. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Hehe - FFUK:N adds class to Blackpool: Seedy Capital of the North ;) Headline for our newsletter, whenever we do one.

Always up for a curry :D Or should we go to, Kimos?, I think that's what it's called. Guess we will have to book.

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I don't think you need to book at Kimos, it's a cafe really but anywhere else we will need to.

18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i'll definitely be in for the whirral meet, guys :)

19. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  20. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I don't think I can be there for this, Money is tight enough that GMEX will take everything I have this month and I havn't done any christmas shopping yet. [face_worried]

21. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Okay, Carol and Jon are not coming - it's Jon's birthday and they would rather get ratted :)

So transport will not be a problemm, phew.

Darth-Fared - you are welcome to hitch a lift with us :D

22. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Me and Tim talked about doing something on this meet at Gmex and I can't for the life of me remember what we talked about :p

23. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Surprise me then lol

24. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I think Tim came up with an idea for something to do and I said I'd post it Sunday night, but I've forgot what it was :p

25. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    how long do you reckon this will take, as in, if i was to go home after looking at all the museums and things exhaustingly, what time might it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.