main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK: North by NorthWest - Liverpool meet #2 - "the Beatles Experience" ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    As mentioned one bleary night in the FF-UK Regional pub, the second Liverpool meet could be a themed one (with costumes?) - what better theme for Liverpool than the Beatles?

Ideas on a postcard ... wait ... wrong place :p

Suggestions and a proposed date? Check the calendar for busy times in upcoming months :D :cool:

I know a lot of June is free, though it is like now nearly, plus I may need to keep end free for a pal coming to visit Europe and the UK from the USA for the first time.

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Well if it's Beatles Experience your after why not meet up up sometime in the week of the 21th - 28th of August since both the International Beatles Week and the Mathew Street Festival take place.

June and July are probably not good for me since I have college and a crapy job at the weekends.

But since I love The Beatles, I can't miss a Beatles themed meet :p

3. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    I agree with Chris on the Mathew Street idea, that'ld be a great time for one with the amount of tribute bands and music around the place. People in costumes would look a lot less out of place aswell. Only problem will be the touresty Beatles things like The Beatles Story and those Magical Mystery Tours might be a bit full up if anyone's interested in them.

4. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Chris is right, it will be busy very busy. But it's one of the best times of year to meet up in Liverpool, that's when Liverpool comes alive. [face_peace]

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool stuff, we can do it then then (then) :p :cool: :D

Any other NW places you two fancy going to for meets?

6. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Not really thought about it Tim, guess we could list all the big towns and see what on offer in those areas.
    Southport and Blackpool seem like good places, and doesn't Manchester have a few things to do there?

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Southport will hopefully be a good one, just a lot of fun at the fair and enjoy the simplier things Southport has to offer :)

Blackpool - I like the idea of, I haven't been in years, I remember the car trips up there with my family with us kids sat in the back at night watching all the lights. I would maybe do a two day (weekend) trip to Blackpool, not sure if others could manage that.

Manchester does have plenty of stuff to offer, I need to go on their tourist site to see.

I'd like to see if Preston had (we have members and friends of members there), but from what I know it doesn't really have much to offer us in terms of a "let's do this here".

We have Lancaster too (Orn's place), and that has several things we could go and see.

It all depends on what people like doing socially - visiting historic places (museums to ruins), visiting leisure facilities (bowling, etc), visiting nature (parks, etc), shopping (Jase's favourite lol :p ).

Other NW places that come to mind - Chester (shopping and history).

We just have to make sure public transport is fine to get to each of these.

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Blackpool as an weekend sound good, maybe go for the lights. Most of the big towns I can get to, it just comes down to when not where. Chester is also good, loads of places to go shopping (That'll keep Jase happy :p )

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Blackpool Illuminations - Friday 1 September Switch On

http://www.blackpooltourism.com/?OBH=539

I would, but I planned to visit London that weekend for the first Jedi_Nat weekend
    Do we miss the initial Switch-On and go for another September weekend? So far 16/17th and 23/24th September having nothing down. I need to get my FF-UK Diary sorted.

10. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    I want to see the lights :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.