main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK: North @ Collectormania Manchester G-Mex - Sat 18th & Sun 19th Nov '06

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I will have a go at trying to attend this event
    About time I visited the North

2. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    To be honest, I was thinking of staying the weekend, rather than going for one day.
    Nlindenj- you can certainly have a lift there.
    Edge- you want a seat? I'll have a look at that Travel Inn you mentioned too.

Now, if you want me to take standees, which one(s) do you want: Leia (white dress); Luke (Tattooine); Han (carbonite); Boba Fett or Darth Vader??? They all fold in half and Han and Darth are quite big (so would have to go on the back seat on top of people), but the others should fit in the boot....I'll leave it up to you lot....

...and how early is early on the Sat??

3. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    hello :D

I'm planning on going for the weekend & am happy to chip in with petrol [face_peace]

I'll have to check out Premier Travel Inn - Deansgate Lock, didn't realise people were planning that far ahead :eek:

4. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    no rooms left at deansgate lock

5. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    :_|

I've been too busy finding the money for Sutton Park & my Dad's 50th to think about rooms for GMEX - I best get something sorted quick, otherwise I'll end up on a park bench !!

6. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Park Bench - in Manchester :eek: You don't like living do you :p

Plenty of bus shelters ;)

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I have just booked a twin room (ie two beds), for two nights (Friday 17th and Saturday 18th - yep I did select November before any wisecrack about two months early gets said :p ) at PTI Deansgate Lock. I think it's the one night booking they won't accept now, doesn't explain how Jase was able to do it earlier mind.

There is a nearer PTI to G-Mex btw, we used Deansgate last time because parking was free and there were no places in the G-Mex PTI.

Just checked, twin rooms in all these PTIs are booked out -

Manchester City Centre (GMEX) 0.0 miles
    Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) 0.2 miles
    Manchester City Centre (MEN Arena) 0.5 miles
    Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) 1.2 miles
    Manchester (Salford Quays) 1.9 miles

Something else may be going on - there may be single rooms, and doubles available ;) :p

8. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Try the Denton one ;) They have rooms. It's 5 miles out but just down the road from us - not far from town on the bus - straight run down Hyde Road. Can give travel advice and lifts.

There's also the Diamond Hotel at Gorton, a Travel Lodge and a Holiday Day Inn on Hyde Road Hmm, Travel Lodge is probably classed as Bellevue.

9. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    cool i maybe able to come to this one i have never to manchester where is the G-max? from the train station as that is the most probable way i'm getting there

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It'd be great to see you there too! :D
    Depends what station you are getting off at tbh - Piccadilly or Oxford Road. Depending on what time u get there, I am sure one or two of us can meet you and walk you to the G-Mex. Oxford Road is nearer, and if you are coming from up North ;) Then I think Oxford Road is before Manchester Piccadilly on your line.

Map here - http://www.castlefieldgallery.co.uk/images/castle_map2_webpalette.gif

11. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    it doesn't look like i'll be able to do manchester :_|
    thanks for the help

12. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    I'll be doing G-Mex for the weekend booked in for 3 nights at PTI G-Mex fri/sat/sun 2 person room twin beds. There's 3 of us so far to cut the costs. Some of us may be taking sleeping bags:eek:
    If anyone wants to join feel free to chip in.

13. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    The PTI Denton has singles and twins available- both at £50. It's 10 miles from the GMex.
    I'm guessing a twin would be £50 between the 2 people (not each!) so would therefore be cheaper, so if anyone wants to share, let me know asap and I'll reserve a twin.

So far I'm taking (& correct me if I'm wrong):
    Edgejedi88
    Spike_thmid

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Suzi - are u still planning on being there Friday and Sat nights? Because u may still be able to get into Deansgate with a twin room for those two nights, I am sure we have other female members who could share.

15. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I think it'll be Sat/Sun

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Check the Ibis then -

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3143/fiche_hotel.shtml

See if you can get in there, it isn't far and we can walk you back from where-ever we go to in the evening.

Edit: And at the mo, I think there are two people booked into twin rooms without a room mate lol.

17. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    It'd be £70 for a room at Ibis(!)
    I don't mind sharing if it makes it cheaper! If someone's happy to share a twin, then let me know.

18. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Thanks Suzi! If you are coming back on the Sunday night after the event then thats great and I will take that seat!

Yes - I was a wise old owl and booked way in advance...I was bored one day.

I was also looking at house prices near Skywalker Ranch too for when my job comes through at LFL as Chief Merchandiser. :p

19. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Edge: Yep, I'll be heading back after the event on the Sun, so you've got yourself a seat there and back.

Spike_thmid: Is Sat-Sun OK for you?

20. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

Hey Suzi

Yeh that ok by me [face_peace]

still gotta see who's doubling up with who room wise, but as long as I don't have to put up with Spike2002 hugging the toilet on a sunday morning again then I'll be fine

21. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Ive got a room and Tims got a room booked right now. Im ok to double up with Tim and then release my room for people?

Bear in mind that last time in Manc we had three in a room so Im certain that if push comes to shove we can squeeze more in together (for the same price of course and save £££s!!!) if accom becomes a problem.

Suzi - hope your car doesnt guzzle fuel like mine does...and thanks for the lift - I bags shotgun this time dudes BOTH WAYS LOL (I dont make a good passenger...)

22. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    As long as you & Tim are OK to shuffle rooms, then I'll take a bed if that's OK.
    Edge & Spike- You can fight between you as to who navigates! ;)

23. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    I am strong in force when it comes to navigation - just ask Jase (edgejedi88) :D

24. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Mr. Thmid is trying to convince me to attend this one. I'm not 100% sure on this one, so does anyone else want to try to persuade me? :p

25. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    NO for the love of God NO !!! [face_clown]

seriously it'd be good to have you along - but I will deny it in public :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.