main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK North - our marketing image (posters, business cards, etc)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    In the run up to Collectormania G-Mex, and on my week off (lol), I'll be working on our visual identity, posting what I have done, and getting the consensus of the FF-UK: N group to whether we use the stuff I make.

So, without further ado, here's the flyer design I am currently working on ...

One Light side, one dark - so two flyers which will be separated by scissors.

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FanForce/poster_show_02.jpg]

Opinions please, the white space at bottom will be for URL and a little blurb about being FF-UK: N and also a non-official SW group.

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    WOW !!!

Fantasic work Tim =D=

If they don't help recruit more people at GMEX then nothing will

what size will the flyers be ?? and are you wanting people to chip in with the costs, after all these will benefit us all...hopefully

must admit I do quite like the "dark side" flyer [face_worried]

3. Whim_of_the_Whills

Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2006
    Those posters are a cracker :D

Poor Yoda lol

Hmm, I've noticed a dark side influence coming over the North lately. Perhaps Darth-Fared's move to England has made the Sith influence stronger.

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003

I have those two on an A4 sized sheet, that'll make em A5 when cut down. Just thinking to get those pads (like stick-it notes) and write the URL on every page with some funny thing like "Use the Force", laminate the flyer (glue on the stick-it note-pad so people can pull em off and take away) and then send to various comic/sci-fi & Fantasy shops.

I'll look into getting these printed off and find out costs, help with costs will always be welcome and mean I ain't forking out too much myself - there is other stuff I am doing for the table too.

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Very good tim. Only suggestions I could make are for both pics to say Fun, Fandom, Friendship, just looks better that way round than on the lightside version. Also maybe a bit of colour in the FFUK:N logo, maybe the good old red white and blue or a union jack design in the writing.

6. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Wow they look mint!:D

I would buy one when you make them, also it would be cool if we had little badges or something to show we are apart of FF-UK:N, well done!=D=

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Oglister - I kept looking at the catchline as I worked on it, I agree, I'll alter that. The logo I think would be best to keep very very basic (not sure if I added colour when I used it in the newsletter design), just so that if we were to have it on, for instance, a screen printed T-Shirt (so price depends on how many different colours you have), I'd say go for minimum. I'll have a go with other colours tho, see what it looks like, I just feel design wise the simpler the better it is to replicate across the board.

DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON - mind reader lol! I am working on badges, don't worry. There will be different levels of badge (not in hierarchy mind, just in terms of convention attendance) - these will be FF-UK Costumer, FF-UK Costuming Support Crew, FF-UK Table Member and FF-UK Member. All will be revealed soon ...

8. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I agree with Tim re - colours

the plain white for all the text & logo looks really striking as it is, but looking at it again the "3 F's" format does look better on the Dark Side

I'd say 9.5/10 ;)

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Cool cannot wait for the badges, if they are as good as the posters they will be class!:)

Proud to be a Northerner and part of the FF-UK:N[face_dancing]

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Badges test ...

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FanForce/lanyard_a5flyer.jpg]
    A5 flyer (the top left text has been changed since I laminated it btw) vs badge and lanyards (lanyards are proving to be a beggar to find in shops, and I am not order 100 of them in one go online lol).

Typical badge - front (not the only one, have Light Side one lined up too if people prefer that)

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FanForce/ID_badge_show_front.jpg]

Typical badge - back (the bottom text depends on what role you want to partake in the FF-UK N table at G-Mex)

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FanForce/ID_badge_show_back.jpg]

What needs altering?

11. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    where was the photos taken?, a small line where it was taken to show its some where nothern not just photoshopped yoda in to a photo of a statue
    apart from that cool:cool: didn't just use a standard star wars image
    will the different 'departments' of FFUK north be different colours

12. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    just did a bit of messing around

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/nlindenj/poster_show_02a.jpg]

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks Nige, you reminded me about what I forgot to add :)
    It's the statue of (Roman Emperor) Constantine next to the Minster in York - kinda fitting, an Emperor next to Yoda, and he was one of the few British (Northern) Roman Emperors.

14. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    thats ok tim i know you are getting on and the mind isn't what it once was:p
    should get one made for members to sign and stick in the memory book

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol, just seen your altered version, very nice. I was going to add force lightning at one point, but it didn't look quite right :p

I didn't answer your question about the two regions of FF-UK: N getting different colours ... hmmm, think it may be better to have a united front at this show, but I need to make sure we have some map for attendees. Which gives me another thought, maybe we can have a map showing the locations of the various members (ie town/city names but not who is where) for on the table?

16. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    They are pretty awesome. That's the statue in York, right? I have a picture of myself next to it I think.

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Good work as always Tim, can't see any ideas that I could add to the mix :p

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No worries Coz, I'll keep posting as I make stuff, have plenty of ideas going on at the mo ;)

OOooo a momentous day ... the return of To_Mega_Therion :cool: :D Nice to see you here again fella, welcome to the North ;)

19. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    Thanks, Tim. It will be a day long remembered!

20. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    the colour issue was meant for
    'these will be FF-UK Costumer, FF-UK Costuming Support Crew, FF-UK Table Member and FF-UK Member. All will be revealed soon ... ' not NE and NW

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ah, wasn't sure. I am thinking that may be an idea, was considering it already, let me experiment and see what it looks like - blue, green, red, orange, etc.

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Whatever they look like i want them.lol!!:D

23. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
  24. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    [image=http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/599/ffuknrocksxv6.png]

Just using bits from here and there:)

25. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    That's nice Tython, I like it

If there's ever a Lans v. Yorks rivalry in the FF-UK:N the image should be a lightsaber fight with roses instead of sabers. I would design it but my artistic talents leave a lot to be desired

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.