FF-UK : Scotland Meet - Edinburgh (Saturday 20th January 2007)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by JED1, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Guys

Well one successful meet down and I want to keep the momentum going so it's time to arrange the next one. So how does everone feel about Saturday the 9th of December for our Christmas meet. I would also like to suggest having it in Edinburgh as I'd like to keep a little alternate thing going between Glasgow and Edinburgh (with an occasional foray down to Newcastle to meet up with our friends in the North) to keep things fair.

Ok, so what does everyone think about the date? If it seems ok, post your approval and intention to be there, Jonny can you look into a suitable programme of events as you are based there and lets get this show on the road!

I'm looking forward to it already!

George
  2. Tone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any chance of making it the 2nd or 16th?
    I've got a 40th birthday to go to on the 9th.
  3. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Tone, I'm not available on those dates! :( How about we make it Sunday the 10th! Everthing will still be open as it's Christmas so it'll just be like a Saturday!
  4. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Georgy Boy!

I'll see what I can do for a nice sociable day out, plenty of places to go :) I'll try and figure out a good series of places to go and one that will hopefully suit everyone :)

Any date is good for me after November :D

I think a good meeting place would definately be at the large tower that stands in Princes Street beside Waverly station, it sticks out like a sore thumb like the centre statue in George Square hehe :D

Come on people!! Get posting!! Would be great to have yas there :D

Jonno
  5. Tone Jedi Knight

star 1
    The 10th doesn't suit me either; I'm going to see Bjorn Again!
  6. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess Bjorn Again aren't on until night time, could you manage Lunch and an hour or two with the crew before heading back?
  7. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If December is a prob, try moving to January. I know you miss a Christmas meet, but it may be better for members? What weekends can people do from this month on?
  8. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't think I can make that one but I can try for one sometime in the new year.

Hey timbolton, I think it was you that pm'd me, I don't get much access to a pc lately so checking through old pms could take a bit.
  9. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I want to get as many as possible together for this meet so January may have to be an option. I am available 13th and 27th, how about you guys?
  10. darklingmist Jedi Padawan

i run a pub in the centre of town called the 3 tuns rock bar - and i would like to put it forward as the meeting ground. the website is http://threetunsedinburgh.co.uk we already have a dr who group, babylon 5 group and a movies group meet on mondays anyway so its the next step!
  11. Cobar_Yik_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    dang it darkling i was gona sujest ur pub yah bugger ;) enytime in jans cool with me the tuns is my local :d i know it well the staff are preindly and the beers good.

PS i thought my log on nam was gone in the last cleanout so i set up a new user name(Kell_Dor witch i'll be cangeing to once its aproved) but im back :D
  12. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the offer Darkling, I think it's certainly one we'll take up. Your position is really central just perfect for our Edinburgh meets. Once we get a date fixed we'll let you know!
  13. Tone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Shall we say 13th January for now?
  14. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Tone

Okey Dokey, that's two of us for the 13th, any additions to the list?
  15. Cobar_Yik_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    yeah 13th's good for me aswell i'll be the short guy wi the dreads and the mettale butt (wheelchair)
  16. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
  17. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys!

Count me in for the 13th ;)

Sounds gr8!

Jonny
  18. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Good man, Jonny!

That's 4! :)

Any more??
  19. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    *BUMP*

Come on guys, Saturday 13th January! Four going do far, who else is with us??
  20. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll look into train prices and hotels ;)
    No promises, yet :p
  21. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be great if you managed to get up to Edinburgh, Tim!
  22. Lady_Hermethya Jedi Padawan

Greetings All! I am truly excited & honoured to finally be part of the SW FanForce along w/ my hubby JED1 & his many pals/fans! Looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you! Hope to meet some of you at January's meet! I will be there with bells on! 'hee hee' :D

23. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome to the Fan Force UK Lady_Hermethya :D :cool:
    Great to have you here!
  24. Cobar_Yik_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    welcome to the forum Mi'lady Hermethya will be good to meet u all come Jan :D
  25. Lady_Hermethya Jedi Padawan

Thank you Tim & CYJ for such a warm welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.