main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK:South Xmas Party Trip!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    After the...er...success of last years event ( :p ) how about another ice skating and party at MK? The rink is usually opperational from mid-november I think, and is in the middle of MK shopping centre.

And its June already and we havn't organised this, the decorations will hit the shops soon :eek: :p

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    See, this is why we need joint leadership....

....Cause at least one of us had to be sane

:p

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well, I don't tend to be certain of what I'll be doing in 6 months time :p
    But I assume I'll be free, so maybe I'll come along

4. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I was wondering, is there some rule meets have to be in MK? it's just that it's soooo far away... (on the other hand, everything is far away from Plymouth)

5. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005

I was actually just running the idea past you all, not saying who's coming...

If no one thinks they want to/could come, I dont think us persuing this idea and leaving it in the big picture is worthwile, as last years (no offence to me and Matt's trip to McDonalds :p ) was hardly a success.

Furthermore a lot of people already had plans for xmas when I proposed the idea after summer. I'm getting my oar in early with very good reason :p

Hehe, sorry Maat [face_blush] It just seems to be somewhere decent we can get at least 3 people to get to.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be at uni for all but a week either side of christmas, so somewhere near portsmouth aould be good, unless people can provide transport.

Apart from that, I haven't a clue. It's just far too early to say.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's very possible I'll have learnt to drive by then, so I might be able to pick up or give people a lift to places

If it goes ahead and if I attend

8. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    am I imagining things, or is the South a particularily young chapter, in terms of age of members? But who knows - maybe even I will have learned how to drive by Christmas, although probably the european way :p

9. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Xmas party????? There's still 6 month's till Xmas! It was only 6 months since last xmas!!

Oh well, guess there is no harm in preparing early. :p

10. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hi there,southern types!
    i'm coming to you in the spirit of inter-regional goodwill to announce that the delta source groovy gang and certain members of the london board will be making a trip to portsmouth in the coming months... september,i think.
    possibly to check out the spinnaker tower,most definitely to check out the bars and clubs...
    put your hands up if you're interested and want to come and play.

11. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Yep, trip is still on to Portsmouth in September. I've yet to decide which weekend - probably middle of the month. When I've sorted it out, I'll put a new thread on here.

As for the MK meet-up around Xmas it really depends on what I am doing. It's a long way off yet, can we have the summer first :p

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    are you following me around,major phennir?
    stalker!
    i have a stalker!

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be in portsmouth from october onwards, so if you don't mind postponing the trip a bit I could join you.

14. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
  15. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Just to flag this up again, only 2ish months now until the kind of time I had in mind to do this. Anyone have a better idea about their plans?

16. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Well with the exception of xmas day and the week folowing it, im free all of the xmas hols.

What sort of thing should we do and where?

17. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I originally suggested the ice skating that happens on the frozen fountain in MK. There is also a huge xmas exhibition and market all the way through xmas there (with the most adorable little animated bears some years [face_love] ). Times and dates for skating havn't been published yet though.

18. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    sounds good, might be a right good laugh too with us all falling over lol

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be in portsmouth untill a week before christmas. :)

20. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    the groovy gang would almost certainly be up for some kind of do in MK.
    why,only the other day i was talking with major phennir about doing the skiing at the snow-dome.
    who's up for that?

21. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Thats exactly part of what we're proposing, but I must say ice skating is far cheaper and more xmassy at MK.

Knowing that my xmas holidays are getting very busy very quickly, who can do when?

22. X-Wing-Ace

X-Wing-Ace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2006
    Why is it that none of you are very well organised or show any initiative? If all the meetings are so far away, then why not devise your own meetings in your own part of the south and stick to it. For example, for the South West you could make the meeting place Exeter or Plymouth, whilst the South could be Southampton or Portsmouth, or the North West could be Bristol or Gloucester and so forth. And if you're lacking members in your area, then try to get friends to come along and also advertise too.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's not that simple. There are a lot of us who can't travel for various reasons. I'm limited to portsmouth and salisbury when I'm not at uni, portsmouth is ok and we're having a meet here soon, but salisbury isn't, and even I have difficulty getting there as I don't live near enough to salisbury to walk there and public transport isn't cheap. If we all lived near the big towns and could travel easily then yeah, we could do more meets, but we seem to be spread out all over the place with limitations on where we can go and when. It seems that a lot of us have jobs as well, which doesn't help.

24. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    We've tried getting more meets, we have Portsmouth lined up, which is good. MK is hard to get to for me without scrounging lifts, and so's Portsmouth without the trains. I have no car, and don't have a license. The problem we've always faced is similar to that of FFUK North: We're too big, and too spread out. We did originally divide the chapter up into three sections: North, South West, and South East. We ended up with people in either the North or South West, with only Richie and someone else in the South East. The problem with the South West is that it stretched from Wiltshire to Cornwall, which is about 150 miles. Somewhat hard to walk to, for those in Wilts. Very few people in Devon or Cornwall showed interest, and those that did either disappeared or went back to Poland (Fizyk). That leaves us with only one person in the area interested in meeting: marte. We could run the poster campaign down there, but that's hit or miss. Other than that, we're stuck in Portsmouth, Salisbury and MK.

25. X-Wing-Ace

X-Wing-Ace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2006
    Just Marte you say? No one else in the South West?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.