main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK Trip to the TENCLO Premiere

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The premiere of Backyard Productions' latest film, The Emperor's New Clones, is to be held at The Whittle Hall Cinema at RAF Cranwell, Lincolnshire, on 9th September. It will be a night to remember. Veritasuk, Jairen, darren, and myself are all involved in this production, not forgetting the never-forgettable Dickie. This really is the UK's chance to show the rest of the world that not only can we make better films than them, we can also host better premieres!

We have a lot of media interest in this. Richard and Judy (ooooooh!) are invited - already being a fan of our work - and even better than that, there is a real possibility that Ewan McGregor will attend (filming schedule permitting). Believe me, this will be an AMAZING night. There will be no expense spared. Naturally this will be a Black Tie event, so DJs for the lads, and exceptional dresses for the ladies.

All members of FF-UK are invited to attend this memorable evening. You are all, of course, invited to bring your partners as well. No charge for admission will be made, but there will be a retiring collection for RAF charities. The RAF have been exceptionally generous in helping us get this film completed, so we really want to repay them by raising as much money for their charities as we possibly can. Please consider this when budgeting for the trip.

However, as the cinema is on an RAF Base, security is quite tight, and so we need a list of the people attending.

So if you would like to attend, you need to PM me the following details.

Name of yourself
    Name of partner (if applicable :p )
    Car make, model, colour, and registration
    Car colour
    Car registration

and blah blah blah.

It is ok if you put your details down and don't make it, but it will cause problems if you turn up without giving your details in advance.

This really will be an extraordinary night, and not only that, a superb opportunity to show those Yanks a thing or two.

So clear your diaries, book the date, and let us know who's attending!

May the force yadda yadda yadda

2. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    yadda yadda yadda yerself!!!

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    //warns the RAF police to look out for someone from Northern Ireland.

//Then realises he's teaching them to suck eggs :p

4. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I'll defo try and make this! :D It looks fantastic what I have seen so far!

Is the RAF base near a train station or anything? Most likely I will need public transport to get to Lincolnshire, unless I can get a family member to drive me as my aunt lives in Peterborough (which i dont think is to far away) so yeah. :)

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I have four possible spaces in my car from the Midlands area. I don't mind travelling around a bit to pick people up.

However, in terms of ID on the RAF base, how is that going to work for those under 18 Hal?

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    The nearest station is Ruskington which is about a 7-min drive from the cinema.

But part of the purpose of this thread is to sort out arrangements for people arriving etc. Perhaps someone could pick you up from Lincoln station (25 mins drive away) or something

7. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    My sister goes to Lincoln Uni, so I defo have a place to stay and Will go to the event :)

I'll have to give my details later..... as Car stuff is a bit co,p[licated for me to give Now

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No worries.

Although it's about 30 mins drive from Lincoln Uni. (Search for RAF Cranwell on whatever map website you use)

We should be able to get very cheap accomodation and parking on site, which will be well worth it for the Sat night, as the after show party will be on site as well.

9. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm very much up for this! Providing I can make the travelling. Perhaps if I made my way to Leicester someone like.. ohhh y'know.. perhaps Phill would be so kind as to let me get a lift? [face_batting]

A fan film as big as this deserves a brilliant premier so I might have to crack out the ol' funeral suit and slick my hair in an attractive swave fashion

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hal, I'd love to come down but unfortunately that weekend is when Nat comes to York on Sunday, so I'll be there on Sat too I think. Plus if this is a "get to event by car" type thingy, not likely for me :p I could try sneaking across the countryside then climbing the fences, give the lads some target practice tho ;)

But I hope you have a great night, and good luck :cool:

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    If people need lifts once it comes to the Lincoln area, I'm sure that can be arranged, so don't let that hold people back :)

Believe me, once the reports start coming in after the event, people will be kicking themselves for not coming :)

The film quality aside, the night will be JUST like a London premiere, except this time you get to go inside the cinema!

12. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Wooo! [face_dancing] This is gunna be awesome!

Please say I can make it! [face_praying]

13. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    any Idea how many you can sit?

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Cinema holds 500. It will be full :)

15. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Excellent! save me a seat :) details to follow :p

16. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Reserve my seat too! :D I need to clear up getting there and stuff first.

17. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    You know me, I'll go to the opening of an envelope! I'm in! :p

18. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Well... I might have to get there very early... just you try and get into any Brit army base with a Northern Ireland accent and hope to get in with no questions asked! :p

The nipple clamps are the worst part of the interrogation...

19. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Awww...I enjoy that part! :p [face_whistling]

20. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Lady_Wiz and myself will hopefully be there :)

21. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    reserve me a seat as well!!!!

22. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Like I'm not going to be there to go

"Euuuwwww I look fat !"

Me and Nige will be there.

23. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I've PMed my details, I'd love to go!

I'll need to add my name to the list of those who might need transport, I can get to Lincoln though via train though.

24. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Put me down as a strong maybe. Assumin I can get the details hammered out i'll be there.

25. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Yeah... especially cuz yer always administrating it to me! :mad:

Er... have I said too much? I wont then tell them about you and me with the rope and fresh cream... oooooppps..... did it again!!! [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.