FF-UK's "Not to be missed TV"

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by timbolton, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A place to recommend upcoming programs ;)

BBC - Sunday 8th November - Planet Earth
    Episodes 6-11 start. I know the last series was a little hit and miss, but still, this is generally visually stunning stuff, and I love it.

And Hal, there are more penguins ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/planetearth/
  2. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis

Wednesdays Sky 1 8pm onwards
  3. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sopranos - Thursday 10.00pm, E4
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    ^Seconded!
  5. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    Seconded
  6. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Count me in as being thrilled Planet Earth is back. Spectacular viewing. :cool:
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I agree.
    And I thought the first half of the series was fine. Some of the best wildlife TV for years.
  8. elbertino Force Ghost

star 3

8th november is a wednesday, not a sunday.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Wow, elbertino is on a roll
    That's 2 things you know :p
  10. elbertino Force Ghost

star 3
    [face_dancing] wisdom in my old age!
  11. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My :oops: Hope no one missed it cos of the typo :p
  12. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Certainly not.
    I pay more attention to when quality TV is on :p
  13. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    This Life

BBC2 1120 tonight

rerun to build up for the one off return next month

class show
  14. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    There is a lot of good TV coming on over Christmas time.

I have a list of some I picked out, feel free to add more when you find some:

Top of the Pops 2 Christmas Special - 7:40pm BBC2 23rd of December: The Nostalgia of great old Christams songs from years gone by. If you like that sort of thing.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - 3:15pm Channel 5 Christmas Eve: A recording of the stage musical featuring an all-star cast.

Peter & The Wolf - 4:30pm Channel 4 Christmas Eve: A stop-motion animated version of the musical story by Prokofiev to mark the 70th anniversary of the work.

Dr Who Confidential - 1pm BBC1 Christmas Day

Dr Who Christmas Special, The Runaway Bride - 7pm BBC1 Christmas Day: David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Robot Santas and the Spider Empress of Racnoss.

Little Britain Abroad - 10:30pm BBC1 Christmas Day: Guest-starring Ronnie Corbett & steve Coogan.

The Phantom of the Opera: Behind the Mask - 9pm BBC2 Boxing Day: A Documentary looking at the creation of the world's most successful musical. With composer Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber & producer Cameron Makintosh.

How Do You Solve a Problem like Maria: Connie's Story - 6:30pm BBC1 27th of December: The star of the new stage version of The Sound of Music discusses her rise to fame.

The Ruby in the Smoke - 8:30pm BBC2 27th of December: An adaptation of Phillip Pullman's book about Victorian heroine Sally Lockhart. Starring Billie Piper, Julie Walters & JJ Field.

Dracula - 9pm BBC1 28th of December: Adaptation of Bram Stoker's legendary horror tale. Starring Marc Warren & David Suchet.

Steve Irwin - 6:30pm ITV1 30th of December: A retrospective of the life & works of the late great wildlife presenter & Crocodile hunter.

Robin Hood - 6:50pm BBC1 30th of December: The final episode of the TV series, for any of you who hve stuck with it.

Little Britain Abroad - 9:15pm 30th of December: The second episode of the specials with the characters from the sketch show. Guest-starring Dawn French.

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 4:50pm New Year's Eve: A pilot episode for the new Dr Who spin-off series that follows Sarah Jane Smith, former assistant to various Doctors.

The Wind in the Willows - 6:20pm BBC1 New Year's Eve: An adaptation of the classic tale by Kenneth Grahame. Starring Matt Lucas, Mark Gatiss, Lee Ingleby & Bob Hoskins.

This Life 10 years On - 9pm BBC2 Tuesday 2nd of January: A one-off special of the cult 1990s drama.

Torchwood - 9pm BBC2 3rd of January: The Dr Who spin-off series starring John Barrowman ends with a double-bill.

Desperate Housewives - 9:30pm Channel 4 3rd of January: The American drama returns for series 3 in a double-bill.

Green Wing Special - 10pm Channel 4 4th of January: What looks like the final episode of the medical comedy series.

15. GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Master

star 4
    [Doctor Evil] Riiiiiiiiiiiiight [/Doctor Evil]
  16. JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Lost Season 3 - Sundays Sky One 10pm or for those you download it, starts again in Feb

24 Season 6 - back in January
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    You think that's bad?
    I hear they're doing an animated K9 spin-off series [face_worried]
  18. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, at least I know it isn't worth watching TV this christmas
  19. GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol I second that Ramble. Who needs TV at christmas anyway?

Doctor Who and Match of the Day every few days will be just about my only essential viewing.
  20. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    I might even give Dr Who a miss, not much point since most of the second new series has been crap and this looks worse then that. MOTD is the only worthwhile thing to watch. This christmas is going to be terrible.
  21. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I'm looking forward to the two closing episodes of The Vicar of Dibley. I have hopes they will let the series go out on a tremendous high, rather than the on-the-nose sympathy baiting manipulative and innappropriate claptrap served up in the last Christmas special episode.
  22. GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Dr Who is looking a bit bad what with no Rose, more evil santas and Catherine bloody Tate, who I can't help but moan about.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    What about the adaptations of Dracula, Ruby in the Smoke & Wind in the Willows?
    The BBC does dramas of such high quality they alone are worth the license fee.

Two new Little Britain special shows, they should be funny.

Obviously things depend on your taste, not everyone likes Green Wing, This Life or Doctor Who.

I'm sure few of us will miss the tribute to Steve Irwin.
  24. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    Dracula and Robin Hood.....

...well they have never been done before then. :rolleyes:
  25. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    You can listen to bfbs radio1 on tv at sky.
    every modaay theres the total uk top 40.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.