main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<FFA> in STAR WARS Galaxies(Chilastra)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Ubigod, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    As I spoke to a couple of people on the phone about the upcoming meeting, some have asked me about our work in STAR WARS Galaxies. It is going a little slow, but we will endure.

Come and join us. It is very fun.

2. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    If you didn't see it on the front page, here is the link to the first Jedi to appear in the game:
    http://swg.allakhazam.com/news/sdetail2617.html?story=2617

I read the discription and man that look like a lot of work. What is the point if you have to keep switching jobs back and forth?

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That is really exciting. I hope to meet this character one day. You know, perhaps it is any number of things this person did to unlock the Force sensitive slot. The person does not even know. That is what is so cool. If it is a combination known, many Jedi would be lurking about. I hope the Jedi population stays under control.

By the way Ubigod, are you thinking of playing soon? If so, please join the Tempest server. Look for the characters Swampsurfer, Hudel, and Aethon. Add them to your friends list. That way you will get a system message when one of us logg on.

I have not played in about 2 weeks, but it is only because of lack of personal time to throw away. I have not quit NEITHER will I quit. I love that game. Too much I am afraid. ;)

Later.

4. Ja-De-Cloudia

Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Hi, I'm gonna start a character on Tempest to help y'all out with building your guild. I'm gonna go by my intended name: Ja-Den Cloudia, so add me to your lists. I'm gonna probably start out on Corellia so see ya around!

5. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    i thought about restarting, but I just can't justify paying for it every month. I just don't think I can add it to the budget.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I just moved into a upstart PlayerCity, New Hope, Corellia (Middle of the map).

Also, we now have the funding for a Guild Hall. I am in negotiations with the city counsel of New Hope to see if they will allow our Hall in their town. They are a pretty tough guild AND a alliance with them would be fruitful.

See everyone in game. :D

Ubigod, I wish I could help you in the real world, but if it's credits you need, look Hudel and I up in game.

We will miss you.

7. Ja-De-Cloudia

Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    If you all aren't above selling your credits on ebay, I think we should form a city, and start churning out a service or product. Take the credits and sell them on ebay. We could put the money into a subscription for a few members or a discount for everyone. Thats how a me and few friends are paying for it. Maybe it would be easier for ppl to do the credit conversion on their own terms, but just a thought. I'd be willing to give credits to someone who was gonna sell them. hey sorry swamp, my connection timed out, and i was too tired to log back on. Ill be on tonight though.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I like your idea Ja-De-Claudia. We need to discuss that further in game I think.

I have moved into a player city called New Hope, Corellia. It is there that Hudel and I have decided to try and place the guild hall for FanForce Acadiana. I think this is a good choice. For the following reasons:

1. Corellia is a hub in intergalactic travel and can reach many planets easily.
    2. New Hope is in the center of the map and growing quickly. It should have a shuttle port in 2 weeks or so.
    3. The leadership of the town is dominated by a strong guild of players called A New Hope. I think with a little effort, we can form a strong alliance with them and benifit from the number of players in their guild. They have welcomed me with open arms and seem to be willing to do the same to the rest of our group. Check out their forum

A town meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 16th, at 8PM, in the city hall. I have provided a waypoint via email to you in game.

If you are joining us for the first time in game, send me a private message in game. "/t Swampsurfer" is how you do it.

9. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Finally ! Bakh-tor is the name. Look for me for I'll be there. when, I cant say the time I have to spend on this game varies but I am in. I'll see ya'll there!

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    GREAT!

I sent you an eMail in game to bring you up to speed. Enclosed is a WP to our new guild hall, near New Hope, Corellia.

I can't wait to see you on the Tempest server.

That makes 6 of us on that server:
  11. Hudel - Member of Guild

12. Swampsurfer - Member of Guild; Around as much as possible :D

13. Ja-Den - Has not signed on since she left for TEXAS. Will be back soon enough, I hope!

14. DarthhGuido - Poped in one day & poof, haven't seen him since. Sure wish he would come around more.

15. Aethon - Was on a couple of times before I went to Florida on vacation. There was talk of us switching servers, but we decided against it. Wanted to make sure we could get the FFA tag for our guild. He plays on the Chilastra server. Wish someone would go and get him and bring him back to Tempest.

16. Bakh-tor - Newest kid on the block. Hope to sign him up in the FanForce Acadiana guild soon ;)
  18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hudel and I have set up the guild hall. It's coordinates are (-1171, -716, Corellia). We are calling for all real-world FanForce Acadiana mebers to come and join us in-game.

[image=http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/h/aherpin/Pictures/SWGRecruiting.jpg]

We are on the boarder of a player city called New Hope, on the west side of the West River. I have established good relations with the local citizens of this town, and they are willing to help us out in exchange for being part of their city. I suggest we build a small subdivision on the west side of the river. This will allow us to remain exclusive, yet participate in the citizenship of New Hope. Please come and meet these fine people in that galaxy far, far away.

19. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    I am now a member of our guild. The hall is real nice. The city we are near <ANH> has real frendly people in it. There pretty helpfull to. My house is lonely in our subdivision though. I would like some neighbors. So ya'll come join us, its more fun than i thought it would be and i'm still riding a pretty steep learning curve. Hope to see more of you here soon!

20. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I have a female zabrak pewter collectable figure with my copy of STAR WARS Galaxies. Is anyone willing to trade for a human male?

21. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    It's my understanding that only the female Zabrak was included in the collectors edition.

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
  23. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    WE HAVE LOST THE GUILD!!! When I logged into SWG on thursday morning the 18th I got a message that our guild had been disbanded! due to lack of members apparently we are required to have a membership of 5, minimum. The hall still stands though and it still has our name on it what happens from here is undecided.

24. Hudel

Jan 17, 2002
    I will restart the guild when I log on Monday (don't have time now). I guess the answer is we either recruit in the real world like crazy or we open the halls to non acadiana residents in game and recruit like crazy there. With only 3 of us, they will disband the guild once a week until we have 5 or members. What do you guys think?

25. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    We will be able to make it.

Hudel, Swampsurfer, and Bakh-tor seem to be serious about playing on this server.

I just contacted Bnut and he made a avatar on the Tempest server and will be staying in the guest room in our guild hall, waiting for someone to sign him up.

Also, Ja-den should help out as soon as she gets back from TEXAS.

Also, if anyone can contact Aethon (plays on the Chilastra server, but has an avatar on Tempest) I am sure he would help just by signing up. If he has fun, he may play more often. Finally, DarrthGuido I think may help us too. We just need to contact them. I am working on it. Sorry. I didn't know about the 5 member cap until just before meeting 11.

26. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I created an avatar on the Chilastra server called Where-Is-Aethon. And will search on Tatooine. Someone else should take Corellia, and someone else should take Naboo.

We can make a point of yelling and screaming approx 5 min. a day UNTIL we make contact. I wish I could remember his avatar's name there. An eMail would be easier.

27. BNut

BNut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Bnut reporting as ordered!

I'm logged in the PA so just let me know when to log in. :)

Take care!

28. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    Just got the email, I will log Aethon on and get him to your location tonight, hope someone is around to invite me into the guild.

See you soon

29. Hudel

Jan 17, 2002
    I have recreated the guild and signed up Atheon. I'll be on Tuesday pretty much all morning to sign up whoever shows...If i'm not in the guild hall /tell me and I'll get there asap.

30. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The following members with an account on the Tempest server are:

Aethon
    Bakh-tor
    Bnut
    DarrthGuido
    Hudel
    Swampsurfer

We believe strongly that Ja-Den will join us when she gets back from TEXAS.

Please feel free to come on by and say hello, even if you're primary account is on another server. Play here part time & don't miss out on our exciting upcomming virtural FanForce meeting. :D
    --------------------------------------------

On a side note, I will hopefully be online most of the day on December 31st. Not at night though! It's New Year's Eve for christ sake 8-}

31. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey ya'll really ought to check this out. i got it from TF.N's gaming section. its taken from somewere in the Galaxies game and has been going around in e-mails.

boogala gets down

Enjoy!

32. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    omg! That's too cool! How long do you think it took to sync those moves with that music? Classic. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.