main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<FFA> in STAR WARS Galaxies(Chilastra)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Ubigod, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    sombody may have to come and pick me up im so lost in that game its unreal.im on tatone.look for Soler Vector.

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    No problem. I will try to play some tomorrow afternoon. Just let me know when you will be online.

3. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    i dont play till 330 are 4oo in the morning.thats how i un wind after a hard nights work.lol

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Want to get online now? I have time.

5. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    ok see you ther

6. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    I'll make every effort to be there Sunday night. I can't make any promises though. I have family coming in this weekend. I'll do my best to be on.

7. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Probobly won't be there but i will make an attempt.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What! ! ! You need to be there. You da wookie! (Still, I know where you stand, and I can speak for you.) Any opinions you want to share, you can PM to me. Hope you show up though.

9. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    il be ther if my computer dont crash

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The meeting went well. We will have all meetings on TEMPEST until I move the guild hall. OK? However, everyone should be playing on Chilastra to develope their characters. I will make the time to move my character. I have plenty of goodbyes in TEMPEST to do. And trying to liquidate my assets. Hoping to take the credits with me.

Wed. I will be online starting at about 5:30 PM and should be able to stay up somewhat late. Perhaps till 1:30 AM. I hope we can do something fun. If now, I will start working on the move then.

I hate to leave TEMPEST. I am crossing my fingers it goes well. As a sign of encouragement, I am asking that we have a show of force in the TEMPEST guild hall Wed. night. Thus, I will call for another meeting. I am going to send out the eMail right away.

Thank you Soler-Vector, MasterJediShake, and Mando_Ithorian for showing up. I hope you enjoyed meeting Corosch. He has been such a good friend to me in Tempest, I will miss him more than anyone else there. Still, I think we are doing the right thing. Would have been nice if DarthGuido and Aethon could have been there. A good sign of loyality it would have made.

11. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    i want be abale to atend .i have to work.other wise id be ther.sorry i coudent stay for the hunt.but i hade my friends over.i did not want to be rude.

12. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Sorry about last night guys. Sundays are not the best night for me to get together. We usually have some family oriented thing going on. Also this weekend my niece came in and I haven't seen her in over a year. I'll be out of town all week this week but I may be able to make the Wednesday meeting. I'll try my best to be there.

13. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    I will try and log in this wednesday on tempest. My playtime is limited so it is hard to log into Temopest when my character and my guild is on Chilastra.

Let me just say that with the new job I dont get on as much as I used to...time is just too short these days.

Also, for ANYONE who is developing a character on Chilastra: Send me an in game email with the times you usually play and I will help you in ANY way I can. I really want to see you guys come over to Chilastra, we have a great guild there and there is a group to hunt with every night of the week.

14. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    OK everyone ...... Try to hold back your laughter. Is it even worth my effort to get into SWG with dial up internet service? High speed is out of the question where I built my house and being surrounded by trees, satalite service is so-so. Judging by my reception on my dish, I think I would lose my connection everytime the wind blows. I'm looking into internet service thru cell phone towers. This may be my only hope. Anyone have any suggetions? Thanks.

15. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    I don't know if it can be played with a dial up connection. I think I remember the specs for it saying you had to have a High Speed connection. Not sure though. I wouldn't recommend it though. Even if you bought The Total Experience box it would be sometime around Christmas before you could start playing...and that would be if you started patching in 5...4...3...2...1...NOW!! Hehehe

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I don't know if that's entirely correct. If he bought the Total Experience Package, he wouldn't have to patch that much. As for playing in general, 56k would work. I play sometimes off of my cellphone connection when I have to guard an inmate at the hospital (Lafayette General).

The biggest problems you would encounter is activity in heavily populated cities like Coronet on Corellia, would have lag, and PvP combat with lot's of opponents (which generates too much SPAM in system messages) would create lag.

However, small group activity, crafting, and PvE would work. Also, referencing the pkg. it says, "Connectivity: 56k or faster connection to the Internet required, Cable/DSL modem recommended."

17. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Very cool. Did not know that. I stand corrected. Hehehe.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I know. I know. I didn't show up on SWG tonight as promised. I am truely sorry.

I was sick and only wanted to sleep when I got home from work. I just woke up and going to hit the shower, then back to bed. More work tomorrow.

Anyway, tell me what happened. Who logged in, what was done. Did you'll adventure at all?

19. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    I logged in for about an hour. No one else showed up in guild chat so by 8ish I logged into Chilastra for a bit.

20. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Wellll,

I got home quiet late and logged in but found nobody on guildchat, so I went to my main character on Bria and had a long fun night hanging out in the cantina. Man, a lot of people from way back have been returning lately.

Spent hours just playing songs and chatting, and taught two people lots of entertainer and artisan skills and languages. Then we chatted about 80's music for a good while.

None of which helps the FFA, oops.

/blush

21. DarthGuido

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, we've been seeing a return of quite a few familliar faces over on Chilastra. Been really cool. On another note...80's music? Wouldn't happen to have included 80's metal music would it? hehehe

22. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Well, to be honest it went more like this:

Devo, Oingo Boingo, Cars, Cure, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads. Pixies, etc.

So no, not exactly 80's metal, sorry. Although I do dig the Cult. But for metal, I am mostly a Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Stooges-kind of cat.

23. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sweet. Black Sabath! And on the 80's note, I have actually been enjoying some at Red's, in the different women bootie shakkin' classes :)

Got to love those classes. Damn' my body pump instructor is HOT!

24. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Made it in to Tempest about 8 no one was there from the guild that i could find. So went to Chilastra wasn't anyone there that i knew there name. so i fidled around mos eisley about an hour got killed twice and got off about 9:45.

25. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    where on the Chilastra server do yall meet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.