main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FFSG Social Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz,

Once upon a time, we had a thread STRICTLY for all sorts of chit-chat, anything that doesn't fit into any of the other threads... some of you may remember how this works, so I thought we should start a thread like this once more, what with Episode 3 just around the corner.

So please stick to the topics in the other threads, and if you wanna make friends, learn more about each other, talk nonsense, chit-chat, etc... then here's the place to do it :)

Cheers,
    JediJean

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    LOL Jean, change the tittle to 2005 one. I used to love the old social thread.

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Just like to welcome back lukedecop, JediJean, B0baFett :D Great to see people coming back.

4. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks JediClare!
    It's great to be back again! :)
    So how are you, and what are you up to these days?
    Still studying... whereabouts?

5. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Ha ha Thanks Jedi Clare. Its gd to be back.
    :)

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    weehee. I'm beginning to love this thread already. btw, anyone here from temasek poly??

7. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Rayten here. Long time SW fan and visitor to TFN. Hi everyone! May I know how one gets to join fanforce Singapore? Darth Yazid, why are you asking about Temasek Poly? You study there, or are going to study there?

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I'm going there actually. My term starts in May. bummer

9. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Oh, I study there. But I'm going for my SIP next semester. I finished my NS before coming here.

10. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    JediJean - JC now, still battling homework and tests and the usual. :p

Baleno is now selling ROTS T-shirts at $12 each or two for $20. They're bagged in ROTS plastic bags. There's less variety than there was three years ago for AOTC T-shirts at Bossini, and the designs are not as nice, imho. :( Still got a couple today, anyway.

11. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, Clare! Have you found your M&M? I saw it and a couple other ROTS Themed Chocolates, Sweets over at TRU Jurong Point just now. ;)

Will get them another time when I drop by TRU....waiting for "payday". :eek:

12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey thanks! :D By TRU you mean Toys 'R' Us?

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yub, yub! :) The Dark Chocolate one seems delicious since I prefer to eat Dark Chocolate these days; the less sugar or sweet the better! :D No, this has nothing to do with the article yesterday in the ST Supplement "Mind Your Body".

14. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey JediClaire,

I saw the SW M&Ms selling at the 7-Eleven near my place... so maybe you can check out some 7-Eleven stores as well :)

They have just about everything... Amidala, Luke, Leia, Han, C-3PO, Anakin, Palpatine, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Chewbacca... ok, that's all I can recall for the moment... hmmm, who else did I miss out here...??

**JediJean thinks...**

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You know, the M&M had finally given me ideas what to dress up my little Clefairy Doll as this May. :p She get to be the Palantir with Eye of Sauron during our LOTR Outings.

Just need to decide which costume can be done for her. Pink M&M anyone? ;)

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Gotten my M&M from AMK Central 7-Eleven so I think majority 7-Eleven have it too. Cost SGD2.30 each and for the Dark Chocolate (Dark Side), there are 5 designs:
    - Darth Vader (Orange M&M)
    - Darth Sidious (Yellow)
    - Darth Maul (Red)
    - General Grievous
    - Boba Fett

I only gotten the 3 Sith Lords first. :D

I think Milk Chocolate is Light Side and I saw Jedi.

Other than that, on the packing said XX of 72 so that means there are 72 packets to collect if want everything? :eek:

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yep I finally found the M&M's at a few 7-Eleven outlets. It's dark chocolate and dark chocolate peanut for the Darth Mix, and milk chocolate and milk chocolate peanut for the Jedi Mix.

There's Mace Windu for Jedi, and Dooku for Darth. There are 72 designs for the outside of the package, and 75 designs for the inside. Anyone going to collect all of them? :p

Remember to check the price before buying, btw - one of the outlets I checked was selling them for $2.55 each instead of $2.30.

I hear there are SW Mini M&M's - has anyone seen them?

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm...TRU has something else M&M I think, and it could be the Minis. It came in a small box with some character head/figure in them and a tube. Then again, it could had been PEZ. :p

Oh ya, I forget about the Clone Trooper for the Dark Mix.

Not really sure I'll go as far as collecting 72 packets. Will be even more fatter tho' got till next year to consume the chocolates. ;) And I don't like the Peanuts ones. Maybe will just limit to those I like, especially the Dark Lords.

19. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    ohh...u actually found them? do they come with a free toy or somesort?

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not for the regular M&M. ;) But I think certain places like Esso have promotions if you spend certain amount on the SW M&M. Will try to find the ads.

Okay, I emptied my 4 packets of M&M (and now I got a whole Pyrex Goodies Bottles of M&M :( )and this is what I get so far, for those who only aiming to get certain cover or something. ;)

Cover - Piece No. - Inside Infos - Piece No.
    - Darth Vader 13/72 General Grievous 36/75
    - Darth Sidious 14/72 Lando 63/75
    - General Grievous 15/72 Clone Trooper 45/75
    - Darth Maul 16/72 Luke Skywalker 21/75

21. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    great rayten! so wad course u taking? mine's CMM

22. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    CMM, that would be communications and media management. Business school. Business school here in TP is known to the non-business students as the school with the girls. At least that's what they say.

My course is Information Management. IT school. One of those courses with lots of girls. About 75-80% girls. They're not taking in any more new students for this course. This and a few other courses are going to end soon, cause the industry doesn't have much use for such skills. I just got my exams results. Better than I expected.

23. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    hey guys - sorry i've disappeared for such a long time from the boards. hope yall are still doing well!

*grin grin* i always can't help it when i remember how close ROTS is. :D :D :D :D but the charity premiere is waay above my budget :S. is anything planned for may 19th? i hope i can turn up and finally meet everyone if something's happening.

by the way, i was thinking of costuming, but considering my financial situation, i don't think i can get everything. could i borrow a lightsabre from someone? a red one?

cheers,
    kim

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hiya Kim! :) Hope you are doing well now. ;)

For May 19th, well, there is likely a SW Line Party but my brain is in the TV and my costumes rite now :p and my internet time getting less so haven't pen down the recommandations and plans yet. And if the Line Party is to happen on May 19th, as some members recommanded, we may still have the SW Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening on May 21st, Sat instead of May 19th. Will post the infos when it's confirmed.

Oh! Don't worry about not having costumes. ;) If you can't borrow any of our members' spares ;) there is always the SW T-shirts to wear.

25. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    thanks! :)

problem is, if i have the costume and not the sabre - it's gonna be weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.