main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FFSG Social Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I go away for a week and come back to a bunch of unread messages and reformatted post reply functions...

I managed to visit a certain The Art of Star Wars exhibition. :D I entered 2 1/2 hours before closing time, so I didn't get to spend as much time there as I'd have liked to though. No phototaking was allowed in the exhibition area :( :( so I can only offer you (underexposed) pictures of the outside of the building, as well as a photo of photos. lol.

This is a shot of the Sasashima Museum of Art, where the exhibition is being held. It was a Tuesday evening, hence the noticeable lack of people. Later in the evening, people in school uniform and business suits started turning up.

A Vader suit replica outside the entrance for people to take photos with. They even had an ROTS Obi-Wan Hasbro sabre for people to pose with. There was also a stormtrooper helmet.

The exhibition is smaller than the LOTR one we had, but there was interesting stuff nonetheless. A (not exhaustive) list of some exhibit items:

Costumes
    - stormtrooper
    - TIE fighter pilot
    - Jawa
    - OT Boba Fett
    - TPM Senator Palpatine
    - AOTC Padmé Battle Arena
    - AOTC Threepio
    - ROTS Padmé Purple Senate Gown
    - ROTS Obi-Wan
    - ROTS Anakin with pilot headset
    - Chewbacca and another Wookiee
    - Dooku
    - Darth Vader
    - Bail Organa
    - Sly Moore
    - Giddean Danu
    - Senate Guard
    - Emperor's Guard

Props
    - ROTJ Luke's lightsabre
    - Mace Windu's lightsabre
    - Darth Sidious's lightsabre
    - Darth Vader's lightsabre (OT)
    - Bail Organa's target blaster
    - Wookiee blaster
    - electrostaff
    - Grievous's blaster

Bigger props
    - Jabba
    - AOTC Anakin's airspeeder
    - Palpatine's captivity chair
    - Bail Organa's speeder (I was too darn short to look properly into either of the speeders)
    - Polis Massan medical table
    - Anakin's medical gurney
    - Anakin-to-Vader operating table

Models (some of them have red FABULOUSOs and OKs stamped on their bases :D)
    - X-Wing
    - Y-Wing
    - Imperial Star Destroyer (revised and non-revised versions)
    - Millennium Falcon
    - TIE bomber
    - Wookiee tearing up a battle droid
    - varactyl
    - cut-away of Utapau sinkhole city
    - Utapau landing platform

Concept art
    - Ralph McQuarrie's Luke confronts Vader
    - imcomplete Death Star
    - Sith Infiltrator
    - Darth Maul's Sith speeder
    - Dooku's speeder
    - Jango Fett colour study
    - Super Battle Droid
    - battle of Coruscant
    - Mustafar
    - ROTS Anakin's Jedi starfighter
    - ROTS Anakin's cybernetic arm
    - ARC-170 starfighter
    - Yoda's escape pod
    - clone commanders
    - AT-RT
    - Polis Massans
    - ROTS Anakin
    - Queen Organa
    - ROTS Padmé
    - General Grievous

Some pics from a brochure.

The store at the end of the exhibition was quite disappointing, although they did sell magnets, (not very well-designed) files, postcards of the exhibits, a T-shirt, pins, notepads, posters. Also Hasbro toys and Master Replicas sabres. They had a couple of stormtrooper helmets on sale as well but they looked quite bad compared to what we've seen on our costumers. The eyepieces were opaque black with holes in them to see out of. o_O

Hope to be able to see them all again. :D

(Pokémon fans - there's a huge Pokémon the Park 2005 taking place next to the museum. Big ferris wheel with the carriages painted to look like Pokéballs, flying Pikachu rides. I'm no longer a Pokémon fan and I still find it cool. :p)

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Woah Clare!
    Coolness! :)

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Whoa..that's amazing stuff. Looks like the Star Wars exhibition is something not to be missed. I really wonder if I'll ever have the chance to visit. :(

4. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Y no Jango fett!?!?

Only got his Concept Color Study.....WTH...

5. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    WOW! I wish I was there...:_| That was soooooo cool!

6. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    wow, that is so cool! hmm...i hope singapore is gonna do something for sw fans here...

7. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    DAMM! Why you so lucky!
    =(

8. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    "you could be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky" =D

hahas,btw wat happened to siri after she left the order :p

9. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow! Clare, you are so lucky to see it before the rest of us. :_| Many moons from now I will probably have to write some kind of Guide Book for the Showhosts and yet I still know peanuts what we're going to get other than 250 Exhibits (which I hope IS the no. of display casing, stands etc) and from my calculation from its previous stopovers in Japan, some 750+ Items. So far what I know is that Singapore gonna get exactly (or very slightly more) than what the next location in Japan, Hokkaido is getting. They have to fill up the whole of the Annex Building minus the Screening Area (same size probably as the LOTR one) and I heard more. :eek:

Okay, cannot talk more as the Press Release is only in July and I still need another face-to-face talk with my contact. ;)

Heeheee......Nov till April....Prepare your costumes, polish your armors and droid and get ready to be arrested for going against the No-Photography-And-Video-Recording rulings. [face_devil]

Will make the official announcement and its own thread later end of this Month or in July after I get even more infos. ;) Now all a matter of calculating from past stopovers and bits and pieces of updates instead of the full infos. :(

10. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Hmmm, not very sure. I thought she didn't leave the Jedi Order, she just went undercover for a very long time on some mission. No more padawans for her after her own (and first) padawan-Ferus-left the Order. But in the book "Secrets of the Jedi" (Jude Watson) She went on a mission with Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme. She died saving Padme's life...:_| Man, why do have to kill off these cool characters?!

Darth_Eagle, wow, so many more events. Maybe I should consider making my own costume, but then that would mean less minders for you people...:D

11. Darth_Andeddu

Darth_Andeddu Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Is there a difference between the "Magic of Myth" and the "Art of Star Wars" exhibitions? I'm a bit confused here...

12. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    DE, ahh can't wait for it to come here! =) *taps foot* Nov's such a longo time from now! :p

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    A long, long time ago when these 2 exhibitions are still running at the same time, Magic of Myth covers mostly the Costumes, Armors and Props with its association to history/story that inspired Lucas to do SW. The book Star Wars Magic of Myth was kinda the Coffeetable that came out with the exhibition.

Art of Star Wars do have many Costumes, Armors and Props but it's predominantly showing SW from the Artist Point of view or something so have a good amount of Paintings, sketches that were done during production of SW. I think it's smaller in size compared to MoM.

When the Magic of Myth Exhibition concluded, Japan became the host of the Art of Star Wars which I think eventually became The Science and Art of Star Wars Exhibition when even more items, some from the Magic of the Myth Exhibition was intergrated into the Exhibition.

14. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    cool this is... hmphmphmphmph

15. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    WHAT THE?!?!?!
    IN THE NAME OF?!?!?!

*aherm* Do keep me mind this forum is rate G
    Please keep all *aherm* sound effect clean!
    LOL!!!!!

Yazid, what the *!()$@)(*&#*($ is your yoda doing!?!?!?!
    =p!!!!

16. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey Crovus... who's worse?
    The guy who made the sound, or the guy who thinks that the sound that was made was rated R... LOL! :p :p :p

P/S: Hey, just kidding, alright dude?

17. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    =p

heheheh I am after the Dark One. =p

18. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    oops I meant I am after ALL the Dark One

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    merely laughing i was. HMPHMPMHMPHMPH

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I'm starting to have a little problem with logging on thanks to my brother (First hogging, then donno what he download or where he go causing this PC to go slow :rolleyes:) so might not be able to be online as often as I can till school reopen. :(

So should you need me and I haven't logged on for 24h, please SMS me okiday?

21. Maayla_Mecura

May 26, 2005
    Jazzy: hahas i din kno there are bigfoots in......MICHIGAN..........when ure free go see if u can find it :D

22. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Err...I don't think there are such things as Bigfoots. ;)

23. Maayla_Mecura

May 26, 2005
    ARGH holidaes endin......din do art(hurhur so?).......btw if u ppl are free pls pls pls check ou this song called 'crazy for this girl' by evan and jaron.....

sorri last request b4 holis end....*weeps*

24. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey Guys, check this out, it's DARN funny

http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XD8IS6JCQDNN1TK1M7T07RS70

25. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] I like Vader..so cute! Haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.