main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK:N Star Wars Marathon 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    So you managed to watch 6 SW movies in 4 hours?

Impressive, most impressive.

Though I don't really think it counts as a marathon. More of a Star Wars highlights evening.

Hope to see some pics soon. Nice to know that Yoda was also in attendance at your highlight screening.

The little green guy does like to get around.

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Glad this has all gone well, the north will once again become a powerful force in the universe. You will all be remembered well when the war begins......

I mean, yes well done. Sounds like a fun time

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ok, maybe didn't make that clear, it was from 6:45pm last night til 12pm this afternoon.

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ..ok, ok....an hour in bed made the world of difference....so here are the pics for the gang from the North East and Eastern threads Movie Marathon meet[face_dancing]

'Hey R2, do you remember...Danny (the dog) threatening to bite your leg off?' Lord O and Lady Brosa_Ogor get to grips with the robotic R2 unit...and I thought blokes never read instructions?
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PICT0008.jpg]

Marathon Crew L->R, Black Scout, Lady Brosa_Ogor (with Japanese Yoda on shoulders), Lord Ogli, ObiWanCon, Spike Thmid and upfront Edgejedi88 and the obligatory meet mascot Yoda
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PICT0010.jpg]

Sofa Wars began they did...Lord O contemplating life, the universe and why on earth he would ever subject us to watching the Ewoks movie - that is SO WRONG! [face_shame_on_you] This must have been an Ewok moment eh?
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PICT0011.jpg]

You may indeed have a Blue Brick - but Lady Brosa_Ogor has a Blue Pillow to reckon with! :eek:
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PICT0013.jpg]

A great meet and glad we have firmly established the FFUK:N now as a Force to be reckoned with!

5. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    It was a FANTASTIC event I had a great time but I was disappointed with myself for falling a sleep for 10/15 minutes and missed the Rancor & Sand Barge part of ROTJ :mad::mad: it was great to meet everyone and THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Chris (Lord_Ogli) Sarah (Lady Brosa_Ogor) and Chris?s other sister (sorry forgot her name) and his mother (sorry forgot her name to) for putting up with everyone and helping make it a BRILLIANT experience.

6. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    looks like it went well then guys

7. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    yup! sent you a txt last night - did ya catch any ghosts mate?

Bet Marsden Rock was hellish scary! [face_devil]

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Congrats of making the chapter official there everyone.

Glad you all had a great time.

9. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    I'm very envyous looks like an awesome time was had by all!
    I had a lightsabre duel marathon last night where I watched all the duels from all the movies.

10. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Hey guys !!

I would also like to add my thanks to Chris (Lord_Ogli) & Sarah (Lady Brosa_Ogor) et al for hosting a fanastic event =D= and it was great to able able to put faces to names.

still suffering from lack of sleep I-) and Caravan of Courage has to be the most disturbing film EVER [face_thinking] *I wonder if Buzz Lightyear wants his spaceship back*:confused:

Ogli - I think I've left my sleeping bag at yours I'll have to pop through & pick it up at some point

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...theres a great opportunity for a Northern for another meet!!!! [face_peace]

12. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Damn, was gonna sell that to Jace on the sly, ah well, sure, ya can pop through for it any time ya need ot spike, or if ya won't need it til Jan and u're going to the Middlesbrough meet then i'll bring it then.

13. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    I can't really remember much, bad short term memory.

I was 'force-fed' one piece of popcorn and willing ate the rest, I have such strong will power. Ogli managed to amaze us all with his force push on R2D2; the force is strong in this one. R2 also seemed to have developed amensia when it came to Darth Vader, and the dog loved him of course (R2, not Vader). There was freaky, french stick holding Yoda, and the mascot one aswell. Chris has a comfy sofa, but I think he may have noticed if I'd stolen it.

I managed to stay awake through 1, 2 and 3, but after that I drifted off quite a bit. I completely missed the Sarlacc pit. We were all awake for the Ewoks though; haha Jace you couldn't escape the cute and furry teddybears.

Then came caravan of courage, most random star wars thing ever. Cardboard spaceships; no flipping wonder they crashed.

The most revealing thing we discover this weekend was the fate of failed jedi, they become window cleaners. In the films there are more window cleaner references than you think. In the youngling scene in Episode 2 they aren't actually training them to use a lightsaber, its a window cleaning skills lesson.

14. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Oh yeh, forgot about that, I used the force. How good am i.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.