Art Archive fgdinterceptor's art *RECENTLY ADDED DEC 13, TY COBB AND VADER*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by fgdinterceptor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. LMJSfan101 Jedi Padawan

I love what you're done with Mara Jade by FalconFan, yery nice indeed.:D
  2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    GAH!!!

:eek:

=D==D==D=

**slinks out from under bed after looking at Vader**

Sheesh!! That's intense!! It feels like he's just about ready to lop my head off here--fantastic capture of mood--the fury is palpable! The way you've used contrasts to set this one off is amazing....and is a really good lesson for me, btw! Having the entire left half of his face entirely in black (with the notable exceptions of a few wisps of hair and the ghost of his jawline) is extremely powerful...just wow. The look in that one glittering eye is...chilling...

On the other hand is the Ty Cobb piece--I started smiling the moment it popped up and haven't stopped! A beautiful expression, so beautifully rendered--I love this one! =D= It's most definitely a "feel good" portrait, and a wonderful representation of the man. Beautiful, beautiful job! =D=

We're so glad to see some new work, fgd--be sure to "up" your thread, though, so it'll come to the top and we can see you've added something. These are soooo awesome!!

FF
  3. fgdinterceptor Jedi Knight

Hey Deb, glad you like them--it's tough around this time of year, everyone in my family wants portraits for Christmas, so I've been swamped. I want to get started on my Leia drawing, but that might not be til after Christmas :_| ...After the Ty Cobb pic, I'm thinking about adding more athletes to my portfolio..I think people really like that stuff, maybe I could make a coin or two? [face_money_eyes]
  4. rocketscientist Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whoa! These are gorgeous! I love the detail in the hair! And you really have the talent for capturing a likeness. Is this a hobby or do you use art in your profession?

Thanks for sharing some of your technic. I found it very interesting. I can't wait for more!
  5. fgdinterceptor Jedi Knight

Thanks, rocketscientist! I do this as a hobby--for now. I make a little money for commissioned work, but will be putting a website together to do this as a full time job. It just costs money to get started, get advertised, etc., so it's frustrating, but I keep drawing to keep me busy.
  6. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah. I was just wondering since it's so good... Don't get me wrong, I don't even know how to use a tablet!

Anyhow, I like how you're only showing half of Vader's face and that look is both evil and intense. I like how it's all dark and everything save the left side of his face. And nice pic of Ty Cobbs, too.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.