main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Affection--Sequel to Prodigal (Now a THREE Post Snapshot)-- Author back from trip (8/11)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Title: Affection
    Author: Healer Apprentice Lina
    Rating: PG
    Timeline: A few months after ?Prodigal?
    Summary: A sequel to ?Prodigal.?
    Disclaimer: The SW universe belongs to George Lucas. All characters who appear in this one belong to Jedi Joon or were at least created first by Jedi Joon. I just took over.

Author?s Note: I know I should be working on ?Tomorrow?s Rage.? I know. My bad week from last week has quickly leaked over into this week as well so I?ve just been writing whatever comes into my head to at least give me a creative jolt of some sort. It?s very therapeutic, actually. I?ll really try to get a post on the other one soon. In the meantime, enjoy.

Affection

?I?m saying ?yes? very much against my better judgment, padawan,? stated Ollian Searcher.

?Master, we?re not going far. It?s just to the local infirmary. In, out. No problem.?

Somehow, those words only made Ollian?s initial worry upgrade to a full-fledged anxiety attack.

?I am very serious, Damaeo. I do not want you or Padawan Winchard to do anything else other than??

?We?re not THAT young, Master. I promise we won?t??

?No, no,? waved Ollian, hastily. ?Please do not tell me you will not make trouble. That almost always curses everything.?

Despite his mild annoyance, Damaeo Niveh felt a smile tug at his lips. He knew it wasn?t completely uncalled for that his Master would worry so, but he did think his master was being somewhat overly paranoid. ?I?m just going to give Lewix his assignments, Master. That?s all,? Damaeo reassured.

?Mmm,? said Ollian, grimacing slightly.

?And most likely we?ll get something to eat,? added Damaeo, truthfully.

As part of his healer apprentice training, Lewix had been sent to the local infirmary to volunteer as an intern. Thought most healer apprentices opted to put their other studies on hold during their internship, Lewix had decided to keep going. Damaeo had kindly offered to bring over the younger student?s school work, causing both Damaeo and Lewix?s masters some trepidation that the two students, so famous for causing trouble when put together would be spending time outside of the controlled confines of the Jedi Temple.

?Padawan, just promise me I won?t be hearing from the infirmary that you and Padawan Winchard didn?t ?accidentally? destroy the filtration system or spread some sort of disease that would cause their staff to be quarantined,? pleaded Ollian, tiredly.

?I thought you didn?t want me to make a promise, Master,? said Damaeo. Sighing, Ollian waved a dismissal. Grinning, Damaeo took up a small stack of data pads and said goodbye.

++++++++++++++++

?Padawan Winchard, can you make me a paper balloon??

?Can you draw me a wookie? Please??

?Please will you play shuttlecraft with me? Please? Please??

?Me first! Me first! Please!?

I will never take on a padawan. NEVER, thought the dark-haired padawan.

During his stay at the local infirmary, the padawan had managed to reformulate a cough serum for the children?s ward that allowed the taste to be something closer to Coruscant Sugar Bombs. This had caused him to become something of a hero amongst the children.

Looking down toward his right leg, where he felt a rather strong tugging, Lewix saw a small blond boy looking at him pleadingly with what the padawan felt were abnormally large blue eyes.

?Shuttlecraft? Please?? asked the small toddler.

Biting back a sigh, Lewix bent down and picked the boy up. ?Okay, Jamis. One spin around the room and then off for your nap, okay?? Jamis nodded eagerly as Lewix hoisted him above his head. As the other children stepped closer toward the middle of the playroom, the dark-haired padawan began to jog lightly around the perimeter, holding Jamis with the help of the Force. From where he was, the blond toddler couldn?t even feel Lewix?s grip, giving him the sensation of flying.

?WHEEEE!!!?

?Me next! Me next!? shouted several others.

After one turn around the room, Lewix skidded to a halt, looking over at the

2. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
  3. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Oh, very nice. I like! Very intriguing, HAL. :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Janu must be up to something (after all, our boys can't go anywhere without trouble following) :)

5. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Hi, um...*shuffles a bit*, I'm afraid this is now a THREE post snapshot...it....uhhh...just worked a little better that way. Right. Um. Yes.

Anyway, here's the second post. Enjoy!

Despite having sent Malcon on his way, Damaeo felt far from victorious. If anything, the older man?s willingness to recede only made him more nervous. It couldn?t have been a simple coincidence that Malcon was now on Coruscant. And it certainly wasn?t fate that brought him within a mere few meters to Lewix. At least, not fate alone.

No, he must have planned on coming. But why? Why would he come? To just see Lewix? To see the son he had never watched grow up? That reason might seem plausible to Damaeo had he not met Malcon, then Malcon Janu, earlier.

In the handful of moments he had known Lewix?s natural father, Damaeo had realized almost instantly that he was not a man that did anything unless it posed some sort of benefit for himself. He had to be here for a selfish reason.

He wouldn?t try and take Lewix away, thought Damaeo, though the notion did enter into his mind, worrying him further. I mean, he has no right over him. He left his family. He said so himself. Why would he come back to take him now? Not that he could. Could he? No, there was no way. The Jedi Temple is Lew?s home. He couldn?t forcibly be ripped from it.

But the fearful thoughts already began to work their way through Damaeo?s mind, giving him little comfort and dazed him a little as he wandered aimlessly through the still crowded streets of Coruscant.

?If he really is truly a son of mine, Padawan Damaeo, he most certainly doesn?t need me. In fact, he wouldn?t want or need anyone. Ever. Very unfortunate for you. Very unfortunate for anyone who would consider to be his friend.?

Damaeo scowled to himself as he recollected how much Malcon?s words had affected him. In that small moment, he had felt actual true anger toward the other man. But not because the statement had been insulting, but because Damaeo realized he saw a grain of possible truth in it. It infuriated the padawan that one little comment like that had shaken him up about his faith in his and Lewix?s friendship.

No matter how flippant Lewix was at times, he always knew that his friend cared about him. There was a natural closeness between the two of them. A feeling that had made their friendship of a few year equal to that of a lifetime. There was nothing unfortunate about the fact he put so much trust in Lewix. So much trust in their friendship. And he knew Lewix trusted him.

He did.

?Hey! Hello? Coruscant to Damaeo??

Abruptly, the redhead jerked himself out of his thoughts and looked up, halting in his steps as he nearly collided into Lewix.

The younger student gave him a perplexed look. ?Where?d you go?? he asked. ?I turned around and you?d disappeared.?

?Huh? Oh,? Damaeo felt a subtle increase of his heart rate. ?I, uh, I went for a walk. Didn?t have a clue what you and Den were going on about.?

Lewix smiled. ?Yeah, sorry about that,? he said, sheepishly. ?I thought you?d made your way to the sweet shop. Here you go.?

Damaeo blinked, staring at the bag Lewix was holding out to him now as if he wasn?t really comprehending what he was seeing.

?You okay?? asked Lewix as the redhead continued to look dazed.

?What?? Damaeo responded, refocusing his eyes.

?For you. This bag. Full. Many Corellian toffees,? Lewix spelled out, shaking the gift in emphasis. ?I didn?t find you at the store so I just got you some.? Wordlessly, Damaeo took the small package. ?I promise you they're really Corellian toffees,? said Lewix. ?Uh..you know? The ones you love? Remember? Nearly knocked me out when I stole one? Those?? he joked, mildly.

?Yeah, thanks,? said Damaeo, who suddenly felt at a loss of what to say. Should he tell Lewix?

?Damaeo, what?s wrong?? Lewix inquired, now looking visibly concerned. ?You look??

?I?m fine,? Damaeo said, quickly.

?You sure??

Damaeo looked at his friend still staring at

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ohh- he needs to tell him

7. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh oh.
    Good post I am glad that I found it.

8. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    And then....... ????

9. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Hi, HAL.
    This is good stuff :D
    So, when do we get to see the 3rd post?

10. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Hello all,

Just returned from my vacation to England. Will be putting up third and final post soon.

Oh, and just as a side note for those who may find this rather exciting (I do), Jedi_Joon , creator of all the characters I've been currently stealing will be doing a mini-return herself with a short little tale, god bless her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.