main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Brazo's Speeder *COMPLETED 1/2/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi guys! I finally managed to make it back here. I can't believe I've missed to many great stories. I hope to have time to catch up on some that I missed. Real life has been kinda loony as of late. I think I'm back now. So, here's the beginning of a new humor story for all you whacky Obi fans. I'll post this in several parts. Look for part 2 either tomorrow or Wednesday.

TITLE: Brazo's Speeder
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Humor. Pre-TPM. Obi-Wan is 13. Non-Slash. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Bren are invited to a day out with Brazo. That's just when things start to go wrong.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

===============
    Brazo's Speeder
    ===============

(Brazo, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan wandered towards the speeder. It was early and the docking bay was relatively quiet.)

Obi: I get shotgun!

Qui: No, you get the back.

Obi: I can't see anything from there. I'm too short.

Qui: Tough. Bren gets the front seat, whenever she decides to show up. Where is she, Brazo?

Brazo: Something about an eye appointment with the healers. Although it's a bit early in the morning for that.

Obi: This is beyond early. This is yesterday. Can I go back to bed?

Qui: I thought you wanted to get out for the day? And Terran did tell me to get you out in the sun more often.

Brazo: And, Obi-Wan, my speeder has a convertible top. Nothing like the wind in your hair as you fly the skies.

(A voice from behind got their attention.)

Bren: And nothing like a little blue smoke up your nose to clean out your senses. Brazo, we are not riding in that thing you call a speeder are we?

(Bren approached, her eyes watering.)

Obi: Master Bren, it's not that bad. No reason to cry about it. I thought you were the tough one here. All that time you had me believing that women were stronger. And now I see you just sobbing away simply because of Master Brazo's choice in speeders.

Bren: Obi-Wan, I am not crying. I just came from an appointment with Healer Terran. I had my eyes checked. And in order to do that, he needed to dilate them. So he had put these drops in. I'll be fine in a couple hours.

Obi: Oh, uh...just ignore my little rant then.

Qui: Wait a minute. Back the truck up. Women are stronger? Bren, have you been filling his brain with that nonsense again?

Bren: Excuse me? Nonsense? Look here, Mr. Perfect...

Brazo: Okay, okay. You two can have your domestic squabble later. Let's hit the skies before rush hour traffic starts.

Obi: Master, can I sit in the front now? Master Bren can't see anything so she won't mind the back seat.

Qui: No, I want you in the back where I can keep an eye on you. If you get out of control, I'll be there to reel you in.

Obi: You can't reel me in, Master. You've tried. It only exhausts you. I'm thirteen. You are...um...older. I have the advantage.

Brazo: Obi-Wan, get in the speeder. Let's go, my friends. Your chariot awaits.

Bren: Brazo, don't call it that. I just ate not too long ago. You'll make me lose my breakfast. I may not be able to see much right now, but that thing is not a chariot. It barely passes as a speeder.

Brazo: It has feelings, Bren.

Bren: I think you've been hanging around the kid to long. You're starting to lose touch with reality.

(They piled into the speeder. Brazo put the top down, and allowed the cool morning air to wash over them. Destination, Coruscant Parklands. A good two-hour flight, but the only place on the planet that resembled anything other than a city. It was a huge forested park, complete with a small lake

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    good, understandable dialogue this is.

3. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for reading. For anyone else reading, I'll have the next part up tomorrow I think. I'm home today and my story is at work. So if all goes well, look for part 2 sometime on Wednesday.

Obi

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :D Yay! A new humour story from you OTK. I love how you make Obi out to be this nightmare child - he's just so cute ;)

Roll on Wednesday!

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This is cute. I love that Brazo kicked the speeder to make it start - yeah, that will work....LOL.

Looking forwad to more...

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Ginger and Diane!!! Here's the next part!

====================================

~*~

(They began again. Brazo suddenly glanced at his wrist chrono, then took a sharp detour from their forward flight path.)

Bren: Brazo, please. My eyes have finally cleared enough for me to see more than blurs. I don?t want to follow that by dying. Where are we going?

Brazo: I forgot. I have to pick up someone.

Obi: Who?

Brazo: A?uh?friend. (His cheeks reddened a bit.)

Bren: Friend, huh? Hmmm?

Obi: Master Brazo, you?re face is getting redder. My master looks like that when he and Master Bren start talking about adult mush.

Qui: Obi-Wan?

Obi: Sorry. Who are we going to see?

Brazo: I told you. A friend. She is just a friend.

Bren: She?

Obi: Mmmmm. Master Brazo?s in love. More adult mush. Just what my innocent eyes don?t need to see.

Qui: Don?t start on the innocent routine.

Bren: Brazo, I didn?t know you had a lady in your life right now. That?s wonderful. Who is she?

Brazo: Mari Deril.

Obi: That cranky woman who runs the Archives? Oh please. She always gives me a bunch of lip when I am there. Telling me I talk too much. Talk too loud.

Qui: Padawan, you do talk too much and talk to loud.

Obi: That?s beside the point, Master. When I ask her for help, she?she just doesn?t like me. And she always makes me do my research at that desk where Master Dorko?s sculpture is. I know he was your master and all, but he gives me the creeps. When I see that thing, I hear this voice in my head. It says, ?Join me, Obi-Wan. And together we can defeat the Sith.? Do you think he?s talking about Master Yoda? Maybe he means defeat the Sith troll. I?d like to do that. Maybe I should join him, Master.

Qui: Obi-Wan, Master Dooku is not on Coruscant. Therefore he could not be talking to you.

Obi: Oh yeah, I bet he stands behind that statue of himself and whispers strange things like that to unsuspecting padawans who come in without their masters. Was he a ventriloquist in his first life?

Qui: How did we get on the subject of my old master?

Obi: We were talking about Master Brazo?s girlfriend.

Brazo: Not my girlfriend. Just my uh?um?

Bren: Would you just admit it and stop being so shy. Obi-Wan won?t blab it all over the temple. Right, kid?

Obi: Well?

Brazo: By tomorrow morning, everyone on the planet will know.

Bren: So what. Mari is a good person. She?s a bit short for you, but you need someone.

Obi: Are you gonna kiss her when you see her?

Qui: Obi-Wan, please. Don?t make Brazo?s face change colors anymore. Brazo, where are you picking her up?

Brazo: The Plaza.

Qui: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Obi: Good job, Master. I?ve taught you well.

Bren: Problem, Stretch?

Qui: You do remember the day that Obi-Wan and I spent at the plaza recently? And how I didn?t sleep for days after that. My nights were filled with horrible dreams. I dreamed that I was forced to walk until my legs eventually fell off. That place makes me anxious.

Obi: Just close your eyes, Master. I?ll tell you when it?s okay to open them. You won?t have to look.

Qui: Make it quick, Brazo.

~*~

(The huge plaza loomed in the distance. They closed in. The engine sputtered slightly. And again. Then it died.)

Bren: You know, this is quickly becoming a not so enjoyable trip.

Brazo: Don?t worry. I can fix it.

(A familiar voice from behind startled them.)

Steevan: Let me fix that for you.

Brazo: Steevan!

Steevan: Hi, Brazo. I thought you could use my help again.

Brazo: Always. Let?s see what we can do with this thing.

(Obi-Wan whispered to Qui-Gon and Bren.)

Obi: Either this man is stalking us, or he?s cloned himself several times. How did he know where to find us? And that the speeder would break down here?

Qui: Just a coincidence, Obi-Wan. Albeit, a very odd one.

(Qui-Gon looked up just in time to see Mari Deril hurrying towards them.)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    [face_laugh] That was such a great post :D Obi-Wan such a maniac in these stories - it's just too cute!

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That was a good continuation. I like the way the story's written, in dialogue form.

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    This was adorable. Poor Obi-Wan.. so hug deprived. I think if he got more hugs, he might not talk quite so much! Especially if they bribed him with hugs to shut him up. Loved the Brazo getting all red and going on a date. Really cute!

10. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

[face_laugh]

Oh no! Obi-Wan-the-chatter-box-I-never-shut-up-Kenobi is back! [face_laugh]

Loved it! Poor Qui-Gon! And I loved Obi-Wan fixing the speeder so he could get his hugs. Keep it up!

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for reading everyone!!! I'll have the next post up on Friday. More yappy Obi ahead! :D

Obi

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    I've decided to go ahead and post the rest of the story today, since I couldn't find a good breaking point for it. So, here ya go!

====================

(The journey continued and eventually they made it to their destination. Coruscant Parklands. Obi-Wan convinced Brazo to put the convertible top down so that they could enjoy the semi-fresh air. They continued until they found a spot near a small lake.)

Obi: Should we get out here? Did we bring food? I?m hungry. Can we eat?

Brazo: Uh, food. Um.

Obi: Good thinking, Master Brazo. What if I starve to death? Then you?ll have to live with the memory of my death for the rest of your life.

Qui: You can go a few hours with no food. You won?t shrivel away to nothing. I promise.

Obi: Okay, but I am holding you to that.

Qui: Enough, Obi-Wan.

Bren: Here, kid. I brought a snack bar with me.

Obi: Thanks, Master Bren. You are always thinking.

Bren: Someone has to be the brains of this outfit.

Brazo: What shall we do? Take a walk through the forest? Sit by the lake?

Mari: I?ll sit by the lake with you, Brazo.

Obi: Uh oh. The beginnings of adult mush. I can sniff that stuff out anywhere. If they are gonna sit by the lake, I am going the opposite way.

Bren: I don?t know. Qui-Gon, that sounds kind of romantic.

Obi: Not you too? That?ll leave me here all by myself. Do you know how much trouble I can get into when left alone?

Qui: He has a point, Bren. He?ll have this entire park engaged in a hug-a-thon before we even get to the lake.

Obi: Now there?s an idea.

Qui: NO!

Bren: Let?s just take a walk then.

Brazo: Mari and I will stay here.

Obi: Alone. By the lake. I don?t want to know. Let?s go, Master. I can?t bear to watch this.

Qui: Obi-Wan, one day you will enjoy adult mush of your own.

Obi: Don?t say that. That?s disgusting.

Bren: Come on, kid. I?ll race you to the trees.

~*~

(A couple hours passed and the sun began disappearing behind the dark clouds. The Jedi felt several rain drops fall.)

Bren: I knew this would happen. We?d better get back before it the rain really hits. Those clouds look menacing.

(By the time they reached the speeder, the rain was coming down harder. They approached only to see Brazo, once again with his head stuck in the engine compartment. And behind him, Steevan Bluwool had reappeared. Mari was standing next to them both, looking most unhappy.)

Bren: Don?t tell me. Brazo, have you given any thought to a new speeder? I mean just a suggestion, but it might solve this problem you seem to be having.

Steevan: Pull the red wire out and replace it with the blue.

Brazo: That never works. I tried that last week, remember?

Qui: I assume the fact that Mari is standing out here soaked, means that the top will not operate while the engine is stalled.

Brazo: You are a brilliant one.

Obi: That?s my master!

Qui: That was not a compliment, Obi-Wan.

Obi: Oh. Sorry. So, we are stuck out here in the rain until we all fall deathly ill. And then, Master Brazo, you?ll have to live with the deaths of all of us on your conscious for the rest of your life.

Qui: Would you cut that out. It?s only water. You will not melt.

Obi: Hug me.

Qui: No. I don?t hug wet padawans.

Obi: Or dry ones.

Qui: Or mouthy ones.

Bren: Boys, boys. Please. Let?s just get this thing fixed and get out of the rain. Someone kick the front of the speeder. That worked before.

Brazo: Do not kick the speeder while my head is in here. Steevan, hand me the wrench.

Obi: Excuse me for asking, Mr. Bluwool, but where did you come from this time? You know you?re really freakin? me out with this appearing and disappearing act that you?ve been pulling all day.

Brazo: Obi-Wan, right now that has nothing to do with anything.

Obi: You say that because you?re not prone to nightmares like I am.

Steevan: Brazo, I believe that pliers will work better than a wrench.

Brazo: Ah, you know

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the mush discussion with Bren, Qui and Obi. Oh, Qui just hug the boy more often and he'll quite whining!

Very funny. Can't wait to see the revenge. Maybe Qui should 'lend' Obi-Wan to Brazo for a day.

Good job.

14. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    This was hilarious! And very cute! Good job!

sg

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Diane and Spiritgurl, thanks for your comments! Glad you enjoyed it!

Obi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.