main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Burning the Midnight Oil (One Post Snapshot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Hello all. I know, I know I?m supposed to be writing Tomorrow?s Rage, but I had a very lousy weekend so I need something more light-hearted to cheer me up. So, I wrote this.

To Jedi Knight Obi-Wan, I hope I did Alex some justice in keeping him consistent. Also, I know, I KNOW I owe you that scene for the GB site. If you can believe it, I?ve written half of it?.I just need to do the other half.

Right, anyway, on w/the show.

Title: Burning the Midnight Oil
    Author: Healer Apprentice Lina
    Rating: PG
    Timeline: Pre-TPM. Damaeo Niveh and Alex Arieh are 17, making Lewix Winchard 15.
    Disclaimers: the SW universe belongs to GL. Alex Arieh belongs to Jedi Knight Obi-Wan. An-Paj belongs to Jane Jinn. Damaeo Niveh and Lewix Winchard belong to Jedi Joon. I?m just borrowing them all.
    Summary: I just randomly wrote this. It?s complete fluff. Not much happens, but I wanted to write something sans romance, angst, or any Jedi getting hurt or put in danger. What a change, huh? I warn you, this is the kind of fic that goes on and on and really doesn?t have much of a point other than just being fun to write for me.

Here we go?

Burning the Midnight Oil

?What about number 12?? asked Damaeo Niveh. ?I have 3.45 meters per?? His voice trailed off when he saw the regretful expression on Alex Arieh?s face. With a sigh, the redheaded padawan threw his pencil down in defeated frustration. ?Well, I?ve so far got 5 out of 12. I?ve officially failed.?

?Yes, as opposed to my very impressive 6 out of 12,? said Alex, holding up his own paper with a sardonic smile. Raising his other arm, the dark-haired student stretched his stiff body and winced as his back audibly cracked against the hard wooden chairs in the Temple Archives. ?Why don?t we move onto Nubian? We still need to write that essay for Master Fel,? he suggested, tiredly. ?Or Verdian Philosophy??

?Why? So we can get our egos beaten in all our other subjects?? asked Damaeo. Reaching into a small brown paper bag, the padawan extracted a Corellian toffee and popped it into his mouth.

?You know, either you get more surly during the wee hours of the night or Winchard is really rubbing off on you,? Alex commented with a grin.

?Hmph, I wish,? said Damaeo, sucking on the sweet. ?I could stand to have a bit of braininess rub off on me. Git?s probably off in bed, not a care in the world for tomorrow?s exams.?

?Actually, the git?s still up,? answered a voice from behind the redhead.

Tilting his head back in his chair, Damaeo looked up to see the aforementioned Lewix Winchard standing directly behind him. ?Thank the Force,? grinned Damaeo. ?Care to write my Nubian essay for me??

?Care to take a blaster shot in the backside?? returned Lewix, easily.

Alex smiled indulgently to himself at seeing the two friends exchange words. If there was one person in the world who could insult Lewix Winchard with confidence and permission, it was Damaeo Niveh. But despite the padawans tendencies to gripe at each other, Alex knew it only marked the strength of their friendship.

?Why are you still up, Lewix?? asked the dark-haired padawan. He shoved aside his text books off to one side of the table to give the other student some room.

?An-Paj,? grumbled Lewix. He threw himself down on an empty seat next to Alex and upturned the satchel he had been carrying around on his shoulder. A small wave of data pads spilled out from the gaping mouth. ?He told me to reconfigure and update all the vaccines for this year.?

?ALL of them?? asked Damaeo.

?Tonight?? followed Alex.

?Yes,? Lewix answered, miserably. ?It?s going to take me all bloody night.?

?Well?care to do some astrophysics to take your mind off it?? asked Damaeo, holding up his own practice test. He quickly ducked the pencil that was Force-thrown at him.

?It?s your fault I got stuck with this sodding job!? retorted Lewix. ?You just couldn?t keep your mouth shut about the Hevvian virus.?

?Well, we did release it??

?It was an acci

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "Like a true healer, Lew, your handwriting is illegible..." :D :D :D

And:

?Care to take a blaster shot in the backside?? returned Lewix, easily.

ROFLOL! Nice work HAL! :)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very amusing :)

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    great post!

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    What nice piece of work, HAL. Nice and relaxing to read, compared to your usual angst. ;)

And ooooooohhh, you're half way done with that post for the GB site eh? Well hurry up!!! I want to see it :D [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.