main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Fic collabs

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Jun 17, 2006.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Here's where we can discuss fic collaborations and how we'd like to write them. :D

The idea that first comes to mind for me is for have everyone post in a thread and first come first serve is the posting order in the story. Then we create a thread specifically for the fic we're writing. We can decide if we want to set some sort of word minimum and/or maximum. I think a maximum on the words might be good cause I know it's tempting to keep writing and writing and it's easy to get carried away, myself included. ;)

I think we all want to start with the Mos Eisley busboy series, yes?

-Mia

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, here's my question on the Mos Eisley busboy. Did he want to be a busboy? Was he trying to put himself through Tatooine Tech by bussing tables at a place where there were good tips? Whose side is he on in the war?

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    good questions

who does this poor boy get to vent to?

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Also putting down here, so we don't forget . . . Luke and Vader stuck in the turbolift!

"So . . . You got a girlfriend?"

"Is that suit itchy?"

"Sorry I didn't send cards on Father's Day, I thought you were dead."

"That's okay, I missed 23 of your birthdays because I thought *you* were dead."

Dana

6. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    LOL!

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "So, got a girlfriend?"

"No."

"What, not going to give me any grandchildren?"

"I'm not interested in giving you anything, except maybe a terminal hug."

8. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL. Usually I just start writing and let that stuff come to me as I write, so I won't know til then... ;)

-Mia

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Araxie has put up an introductory fic to the Tatooine busboy in The Saga! It's hilarious!

10. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Was going to ask for a link but I found it pretty quick. Hehe, that is amusing. Will read it better when I'm more awake.

As per the busboy fic, I had different ideas in mind for his background and such, but it's all flexible. ;) I know it's my fault it wasn't written before, [face_blush] though I was glad when it became a group project cause everyone had input cause it was everyone's idea, but... how do we want to go about this?

It's hard to get some people *cough*Gardener*cough* ;) online to help us write this online... Do we want to write this on the boards or in person or over email or some other way? Or just a few of us do it?

-Mia

11. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ::giggles::

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN! Write you must!

13. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    o_O I dunno, sounds like you guys know what you're doing...

...and I certainly have no clue what you're doing :p

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We're doing it kinda impromptuly at the moment because we haven't done anything yet.

15. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL. Okay, we've started to get things set up!

A few of us discussed a length limit on each post, cause this will pretty much be a vignette, and we want to give each person in the Fanforce a chance to contribute. So we decided on a length limit of ~500 words (you can write less if you want).

Gardener asked to write the beginning post and the end post, since it's her baby bunny. :D And I'm including an example of this round robin tagging style for her and anyone else who's not quite exactly sure how this will go.

Person A would write, 'Qui-Gon walked down the street (insert a few hundred words here) and he suddenly came face to face with his arch enemy!' And they end their post there. Person B picks up with, 'Qui-Gon came face to face with Xanatos for the first time in...' (etc., a few more paragraphs).

Do you guys want me to randomly pick the writing order or would you like to sign up? We'll all probably only get one post in (besides Gardener). But I want to make sure we get everyone in who wants to write a part of it. So we've got Gardener, Mia, Ishtar, kateydidnt, Dana, and Noelie... Eowyn, you want in? :)

-Mia

16. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Probably not at this point, too much going on ;) But I'm going to have a fun time reading it, I promise you :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd prefer random selection.

18. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Yes I started a thread for the busboy, but I can say anyone that wants to post something there go ahead. It doesn't have to fit what I am doing, it was just something I was throwing together for fun. I know I don't have the "ownership" of the character. Besides I would dare say there are more than one bus boy in the cantina!

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think we were planning on doing it as a collab in our own thread.