main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Destiny (JA, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Destiny
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATNG: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM. Non-slash. Sequel to 'Guilty Heart.' A vision from the Force that once brought Obi-Wan close to death has returned. (Obi-Wan is 18)
    ARCHIVE: Ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

=======
    Destiny
    =======

"Master..."

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood at the entrance to his master's bedroom. The light from the hall cast the boy as a dark shadow. It was late into the night and Qui-Gon had been sleeping soundly, but he became immediately awake when he heard the slightly shaky voice of his apprentice calling to him. He sat up and pressed the base of the small lamp on his nightstand. The room slowly illuminated, allowing both Jedi to adjust their eyes to the change.

"Are you all right, Obi-Wan?" the master replied as he swung his legs over the side of the bed. Concern shown in his eyes. It wasn't often that Obi-Wan disturbed his sleep and he knew there must be a good reason for it. "Come, sit." He patted the blanket next to him.

The young knight padded softly to the bed and sat down. His eyes turned down as he fiddled with the birthday stone that was in his hand. Although Obi-Wan was fond of the special stone, it was very unlike him to carry it as he did now. Unless, Qui-Gon knew from experience, he was uneasy...or even scared about something.

"What's wrong, Padawan?"

He hesitated before admitting what troubled him. "I had a bad dream. I don't quite understand it. But...it..." He paused, as if to frightened to continue. Qui-Gon lay a hand gently on the smaller one. At once, Obi-Wan stopped rolling the stone in his hand and sat in silence.

"Obi-Wan, tell me. This is not like you to come to me in the middle of the night."

The padawan felt suddenly guilty for disturbing Qui-Gon's rest. He wasn't a young apprentice who should need to run to his master's side when a dream became to intense. He was a Jedi, a young man now. This is something he could handle. "I'm sorry, Master. It's nothing." And he stood to leave.

Qui-Gon grabbed his arm and gently pulled him back down. "One is never to old to need comforting after something traumatic. Even if it is something that might seem small to you...something like a nightmare. Tell me about it, Obi-Wan."

His master's calming influence having an effect, Obi-Wan gripped his stone firmly in one hand before he spoke. "Six months ago when we had that...accident...in the gym. Do you remember?"

Of course Qui-Gon remembered. It was one of the darkest days of his life. During a sparring match, a flicker in the Force had disrupted the concentration of both Jedi for a split second. It was long enough for Obi-Wan to lose his focus and for Qui-Gon to run his saber through the boy's chest. The healer's efforts saved him from death but his recovery was long and painful. Yet in the end they'd come out of it stronger than before. Qui-Gon however would always battle with those memories of his padawan's cries of pain the images of the boy sprawled on the floor covered in blood. And on occasion those visions returned to haunt him. But the guilt was long gone and they had been able to move past the accident in time. Now Obi-Wan was bringing those memories back again. But why?

"I will never forget that, Obi-Wan. Did you dream about it?"

"Not about the accident, but the disturbance in the Force."

Qui-Gon listened closely. That disturbance was never able to be explained. Obi-Wan had not been able to recall it. And since that one moment in time, it had never resurfaced. Until now. "You felt it again?"

"Yes, Master," he said cautiously. "Last night. And then again ju

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  3. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    :_|

Another great fanfic from you. (yes,I've read most of yours ;) )

4. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Oooh...nice little viggie! I like it! It is nice to see Master bucket-head going through some angsty too!

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That's sad. :_| It would be interesting to see what was going through their minds as the event actually took place - especially since they know, or suspect, what will happen.

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys! Hmm...Master Bucket Head. Has a nice ring to it. :D Cas, that has definate bunny potential. Now, If I can just get all these other bunnies to go away. hehe.

Thanks for reading!

Obi

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I've enjoyed your fics since I began reading SW fics a few years ago. This is another shining example of why. Eerie, but sweet.

Wonderful, Obi the Kid!!!

:D

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks LuvEwan! Glad I was able to grab ya and you couldnt get loose! :D Thanks for your continued support! And keep up the great work yourself on your stories!

Obi

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Another great fic, Obi. I gotta second Cas though, you should write about the actual event. *begging*

Great!

10. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :_| OTK I mean it- I was very close to crying as I was reading this fic. *sniffles* Excellent job.

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Tissues all around! Hmm..begging? That's so unjedi like, isnt it? :D How about this, I'll put that in my bunny book as a potential future idea. It's got definate possiblity. Thanks for the suggestion by the way Cas.

Thanks Suzuran and Huntress. I appreciate your comments!!

Obi

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up we go!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up weeeeee gooooo!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Once more!

17. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    I love it! This is a great Obi-Qui vignette. You did a great job Obi the Kid. I was near :_| at times!

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks NyghtFyre! (Love that name, by the way!). Glad you enjoyed it!

Obi

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP :)

Loved it OTK :) And it was sooo sad because Obi's dream was true and Qui won't be there and...and... :_|

Superb as always! :)

21. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Lip quivers madly*

:_|

So good Obi the Kid! As always :D

22. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_plain] :(

That was a vey sad story, but a good very sad story! Well done! You actually made me cry 8-}

23. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ah just when I thought this story was slipping away, it's back! YAY! Thanks so much guys. You made my morning. I'll pass the tissues around.

Thanks.
    Obi

24. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Tissue's I need! And you're most welcome ;)

25. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    hop hop hop, ** little bunny taking off around the thread **

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.