FIC: Empty (One week post-TPM, Obi-Wan angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    TITLE: Empty
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Post-TPM. POV. Non-Slash. After Qui-Gon's death, an old friend of Obi-Wan's attempts to help him deal with the loss.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

SPECIAL THANKS: To Brenda for really getting me kick started and offering some wonderful suggestions that made this a much better story than it was originally. It was just what I needed to get me on the right road.

=======
    Empty
    =======

I'd heard about Qui-Gon's death while I was on a mission near the outer rim. I immediately thought of his apprentice, my dear friend, Obi-Wan. It was six years ago when he and his master reached out to me in my time of need. My own master, Kem Tovaar, had been lost on a mission. His life taken before it was time. I was lost without him. I know the pain that Obi-Wan feels now. And I want to be there for him as he and Qui-Gon were for me.

After landing on Coruscant, I quickly made my way to his quarters. A young boy of nine was there to greet me. I suppose this was the 'chosen one' I had heard others gossiping about on the flight home.

"Good evening, is Obi-Wan in?"

The boy gave me a curious but sad look. "No, he said he was going for a walk. But I don't think he wants to be bothered right now."

"I understand. When you see him, please tell him I was here. Knight Taash Evram. I'm an old friend of his."

"I will tell him. There's a chance you might find him though, he said something about going to the Gardens."

The Meditation Gardens, of course. Obi-Wan frequents there quite a bit when he wants time alone. "Thank you..."

"Anakin."

"Thank you, Anakin." I turned to leave when he stopped me.

"He hurts right now. But you said you're a friend. He could use one of those."

I felt the emotions beginning to show on my face, and could only nod to Anakin. I then began the search for my friend.

He sat alone in the corner, hidden from most others. There was a small, dark object that he turned over and over in his right hand. Obi-Wan watched it fall from one finger to the next, his eyes never wandering from it. I could see the conflict in his face. He was at war with his emotions. The death of one so close to him. The battle with a Sith. The acceptance of a boy who's future was so clouded, as his apprentice. Obi-Wan, still an apprentice himself, now suddenly called to be a master. Jedi life is never simple, but to have your life so completely changed in a matter of minutes is enough to bring even the best knights to where Obi-Wan is now.

I sense guilt. I wonder if he is thinking that there was more he could have done to save Qui-Gon. I don't know all the details of what transpired, but Obi-Wan would never willingly leave his master's side in a fierce battle. The need to protect the other is always a strong emotion in Jedi, and is usually just below the surface of the calm exterior that we put forth. So too is the fear of what could happen should one fail to protect their apprentice, or their master. Did something force their separation during the fight? Something that Obi-Wan feels he could have prevented?

I sense anger. Anger towards himself? Towards Qui-Gon? Or possibly even towards Anakin? I remember feeling anger at my own master when he died. Leaving me alone before I was prepared. Obi-Wan could feel much of the same.

I sense uncertainty. The future? Anakin? His fear of failure?

What I sense most of all from him right now, other than the obvious pain, is loneliness. It's a feeling that hit me hardest in the late evenings after my master pass
  2. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the first post TPM story that got me all emotional.

Leave it to you - ;)

PHENOMINAL STORY!
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Wow that was so sad. Great story.
  4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :_| face_cry] :_|

that was beautiful!!!

~*~Arwen Jade~*~
  5. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Fallen, Falcon and Arwen...Thanks so much. I really love the way this story came out. I am so happy with it. Glad you guys enjoyed it too. Thanks!

Obi
  6. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Wonderful story. I think I need a tissue now.
  7. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Excellent and sorrowful story, OTK! It has been a while since any story has every made me wish to cry and feel heart sick!
  8. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice, OtK. Kinda bittersweet. Are you going to do one with Bren and Obi going through Qui's death too? I read that. Of cousre, I'd read anything of yours. :D

~Swede :p
  9. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan's sorrow seemed very real, and the friend's POV set the whole story with a mournful undercurrent that helped get across the reality of Obi-Wan's sadness - perhaps because the friend had already been through what Obi's going through now.

I agree, you should write a sequel with Bren and Obi.
  10. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! You guys must have read my mind. I actually have a Bren-Obi story already written to follow this one up. So yup, you guys will definately get to read that one soon. Not sure when it will post, because I'll probabaly post a humor story next...but SOON!! :)

Thanks to all you guys for reading and for the wonderful comments! They mean ALOT!!!!

THANKS!!!

Obi
  11. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    ::Lip quivers::
    :_|

So sad! I miss Qui-Gon I was sad that he wasn't in Ep.2 doing his dead master gig...::sniff::

Awesome Job as Usual Obi

-RK
  15. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    I know what ya mean Renton! Maybe we can hold out hope to see him in Ep3. I hope! :)

Thanks for reading!

Obi
  16. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I know just hearing him say No Anakin! (Or whatever the hell he says) It's just like I want Obi-Wan to be visited by him. And besides I have a fetish for Liam Nesson in a beard! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.