main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Foundation (JA) *Completed 10/31/03* Part 5 of 5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Here we go! Part 5 to wrap things up.

Everyone have a safe and Happy Halloween!

PART 5

After what seemed like an eternity had passed, the small group was finally approached by a healer. Kresh Sarem. His copper eyes flashed determination as he stood before Qui-Gon.

"Master Qui-Gon, Terran wanted me to update you on Obi-Wan. He is stable and the internal damage has been repaired. There is some nerve damage in his left shoulder, and he will require therapy to regain full use of that shoulder. They'll be some pain until it completely healed. The infection is under control. He's dealing with just a low-grade fever now. In a few days, if all goes well, that should no longer be an issue. Also he'll have quite a bit of pain in his chest while the repaired wound heals. He will be fine after some bed rest and some time off from regular duties. He was fortunate that the blaster fire to his chest didn't impact a few inches to the left."

Qui-Gon closed his eyes and breathed in a deep sigh of relief. He'd been expecting much worse. "When can I see him?"

"Soon. He's been settled into a room now. Let me check on the progress and I'll be back out for you."

"Okay," he nodded. "Thank you."

The healer disappeared. Qui-Gon felt a hand on his shoulder. Taash. "The best news we could hope for. You'll want to sit with him for a while, I know. Ryin and I should get back to our routine. I'd like to see him when you feel he's up to visitors."

"I'll let you know. I'm sure he'd like to see you both as well. Thank you again. Both of you for being supportive. Especially you, Ryin. I'll be sure to tell Obi-Wan that you've been worried about him."

Ryin didn't know how to respond, so he just smiled and nodded. Taash grabbed Qui-Gon's hand in a firm grasp before leaving. Then with a hand on his padawan's shoulder, he moved out of the door and towards home.

~*~

Qui-Gon was sitting at Obi-Wan's beside. The younger Jedi was semi-upright, supported by pillows, and sipping on a small glass of warm tea. Exhaustion played on his face and throughout his entire body. He only wanted to sleep, but welcomed the sweet flavor of his favorite tea sliding down his throat. His words, when spoken, were tired.

"S'good, Master. Thank you."

Qui-Gon patted the blanket that covered Obi-Wan's legs. "I know you want to sleep, Padawan. And the healers have said that you should. But anything you can keep down will help you to regain your strength. Oh, and you have two visitors here who wanted to see you for a few minutes. They were here with me yesterday while I was waiting for news on your condition."

As if on cue, Taash and Ryin wandered through the door. Obi-Wan's face squinted in a smile as he saw the familiar faces.

"Hi, Obi-Wan. We won't stay long. Just wanted to see how you were."

Obi-Wan, as tired as he was, was pleased to see Taash. He accepted the comforting hand to his own with a tired grin. Ryin approached cautiously until he saw that it was okay for him to come close. The boy could easily see the pain in the older padawan's small motions.

"Does it hurt?" He asked with concern.

"Very much so, Ryin. But it'll get better."

"I was worried about you when Master Qui-Gon told me what happened. I'm glad you're okay."

Ryin's words were genuine. And it touched Obi-Wan that someone he'd not known for very long was so concerned and cared so much. It said a great deal about the type of person that Ryin was and the type of Jedi he would grow to be.

"Thank you, Ryin."

Qui-Gon came to stand behind Ryin and put a large hand on his shoulder. "Compassion seems to be one of his strengths."

The young apprentice blushed slightly and shied away briefly from the big master. Taash turned his attention from his apprentice to Obi-Wan.

"How long will they keep you captive in this place?"

A shrug from Obi-Wan and a short grunt. "Who knows. Terran enjoys terrorizing me."

"Actually," Qui-Gon interrupted, "if he behaves himself, then maybe only a couple day

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Lovely job, OTK. The way you wrote teh contrast between the two pairs was great, and I loved Qui's thoughts as he watched Taash and Ryin. You should write more about them.

Shaindl

3. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks, Shaindl!

Actually I do have 2 other stories that involve Taash and Ryin. And plan for others in the future. And I do have some Qui-Obi stories out there too! :D

Thanks so much for reading.

Obi

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh what a great ending! I even came close to tears near the end because the end of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship is known to all...

I can't WAIT to read more stories about Taash and Ryin :D

I'm already looking forward to your next story! ^_^

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. A lovely contrast between the two Master/Padawan teams. Good job and satisfying ending.

Hope to see more of this pair...

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very sweet. I too would like more

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks so much guys...for reading and for your comments. Helps me to know that you guys are enjoying what I love to write. More to come in the future.

Now, I'm gotta get back into things myself and get to READING some of the stories here!

:D

THanks!
    Obi

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.