main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Heart's Cry [JA Qui/Obi H/C (1/1)]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by advocate1900, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. advocate1900

advocate1900 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    DISCLAIMER: I do not nor ever will own Star Wars or Jedi Apprentice. If I did, there would be some serious changes to the series. Anyway, everything you recognize belongs to Jude Watson, George Lucas, or someone who isn?t me.

TITLE: Heart?s Cry

AUTHOR: advocate1900

SUMMARY: While on a large scale search-and-rescue mission, sixteen-year- old Jedi apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi waits for his Master to return . . . even though all odds of Qui-Gon Jinn surviving are turned against him . . .

SERIES: None as of yet

SPOILERS: None that I know of

CATEGORY: Angst/Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Non-slash

TIME PERIOD: 9 years Pre-TPM

RATING: G-PG

A/N: Okay, folks, this was a spur-of-the-moment fic and is rather short compared to some of my other works, so please don?t hate me for it. There is a loving father/son relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, so it?s NON-SLASH. Please enjoy!

/thoughts/

//telepathy//

?Padawan Kenobi, rest you must. Good you cannot do if tired you are,? Councilor/Jedi Master Yoda gently reprimanded the exhausted apprentice. The Jedi search group was returning from a day of rescuing on Kantana, a cold, often snowy planet about two days? flight from Coruscant. While blizzards were a common occurrence on the planet, this one had caught the inhabitants by surprise. Normally there was a short interval of warmer, spring-like weather for every eight months of winter and snowstorms hardly, if ever, interrupted that four month period. Thus, the native Kantanites had been completely unprepared for this one.

Today they had found seven survivors, but there were still hundreds out there, lost in the drifts and seemingly endless blaze of white. Most they had given up on, but a few they still hoped were alive, although they were fast losing that hope. Obi-Wan Kenobi?s Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, was not among them.

The last they?d heard of Qui-Gon, he was ill and nursing a somewhat critical injury. Masters Plo Koon, Adi Gallia, and even Masters Yoda and Mace Windu, as well as most of the search-and-rescue team, had given up any hope that Qui-Gon had survived the onslaught of the unprecedented storm?s fury. Master Yoda had summed up the situation quite nicely, ?Meant for it to be this way, the Force did not.?

As far as Obi-Wan knew, he was the only one who still believed Qui-Gon was alive. Wouldn?t he have felt him die? Not a day went by that one of the other Jedi did not press the young Padawan to let go of his ?futile hopes? and release his feelings to the Force. It was getting to the point where they were actually succeeding in convincing Obi-Wan of what they saw as the truth.

That did *not* help Obi-Wan in his present state.

The search-and-rescue team reached the encampment after dark. While the other Jedi remained in the main lodge area, Obi-Wan went straight to the room he?d been staying in with Qui-Gon before the storm hit. Throwing himself on the bed his Master had previously occupied, Obi-Wan let himself go, as he had ever since the search-and-rescue team had given their views on the likelihood of Qui-Gon?s survival.

He cried. He cried until the pillow was damp and then he cried some more until he finally fell asleep, tears still on his cheeks.

Obi-Wan had not eaten in several days for worry and fear about his Master. Every night he cried himself to sleep, only to wake up in the middle of a nightmare that Qui-Gon was not there to soothe. He was always exhausted in the morning and it was beginning to show.

The boy knew he was worrying the Masters and Knights, but that didn?t matter to him. What mattered was Qui-Gon, what mattered was the Jedi Master who currently wasn?t here, and what mattered was the father Obi-Wan had lost.

Very early the next morning, Obi-Wan awoke from a fitful sleep. He cracked his eyes open and in the dim light of the dawn, read the chrono mounted on the bedside table. It was five o?clock a.m.

The young Jedi groaned. /Force, I can?t do this anymore!/ he thought. His soul and body were worn out, tried to almost thei

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Awwww, that was so sweet!
    Very poignant! Lovbed it!

3. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    *sniffles*

That was lovely. Very emotional. And they got a happy ending! Yay! :)

Wonderful story, advocate1900! =D=

4. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    I think that this is such a cute story that it deserves an up.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, can't go wrong with a little Qui-Gon Obi-Wan mush.

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwww such lovely Master/Padawan mush! Lovely work!

7. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You had to go and make me get weepy today, didn't you? Without any warning either! How am I going to explain to my supervisor that I'm crying at the cash register, scaring the customers away because there is an emotional gal behind the counter?! Oh, I bet she would believe me when I said that it was your fault...:_|

*sigh* reading good fiction has few drawbacks, but this is one of them!;)

8. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    <melts into a pile of mush> Oooh...love mush, I do. [face_love]

Nice work!

9. advocate1900

advocate1900 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    To Everyone Who Reviewed:

Thanks a million ^_^! And yes, I do love my mush. So glad you all enjoyed it!

10. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... I love Mush first thing in the morning... err... afternoon. Anytime really.

Wonderful job Advocate! :)

11. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    MUSH!!!!![face_love]

Please write more. That was lovely.

Hee hee. Mush. [face_love]

12. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    :_| Awwwwwwww... [face_love] [:D]
    This is too cute! The boys are so sweet, I love them and their mush!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.