main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Medical Adventures (JA, humor) *COMPLETED 9/12/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Maybe that explains why the Jedi Council seems to have problems with reality in fan fiction - Obi has driven them all crazy!!!

Keep it up! It's very funny...

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks again guys! :D You'd think the boy would get tired of yapping after a while! hehe.

Here's the last part to this one. Thanks so much for reading!

-------------

~*~

An few hours later, with the drug well into his system, Obi-Wan began to feel the full affects. And he was not fond of them. He lay in the bed with his head lolling from one side of the pillow to the other. His eyes open and closed as they pleased. Coordination in his hands was awkward. He tried to grab his cup of water from the stand next to the bed, but only succeeded in dropping it. Water splattered everywhere. ?Oh?goodie?Obi?s s?makin messes again?? Obi-Wan heard the slurred words come from his mouth. It made him laugh. ?This stuff?s wild. Makes me feel?whew?s?good stuff.?

At that moment, Qui-Gon strolled in. ?Obi-Wan, are you all right??

?Heeeeeey, Qui. What?s shakin? man?? he giggled.

?Ah, I see the drug has taken over.?

?Want some, Qui-Goneee? Qui-Gone. Where has Qui gone? Qui has gone away. Obi?s a funny guy, isn?t he, Mah?Mah?Mahstahhhh.?

?I do believe that this is a medicine that should be given only at night and with a sedative.?

?Naw, s?cool. Terrr?Terrr?Terrr?that man who gave me this stuff.?

?Healer Terran.?

?Yeah. Tell ?em ta put this stuff on the market. Whoa. I?d buy some.?

Qui-Gon buzzed for a healer. Hoping that the one who showed up would be the Terran in question. And a few minutes later, it was.

?Qui-Gon, hello,? he grinned.

Obi-Wan wasted no time in getting the healer?s attention. ?Terr?Terr?Terr?hey, you. Gimme more of this stuff. Obi is one happy pada?pada?pada?whatever.?

With an apologetic glace to Qui-Gon, Terran nodded towards the drunken apprentice. ?Okay, bad idea on my part to give him this during waking hours. Sorry, Qui-Gon. Tonight, I?ll try this again.?

?With a sedative? So he?s not wandering the temple like this??

?Good idea,? he said as he placed a hand on the boy?s forehead. ?Fever is okay. Hopefully this is going to work. If so, Obi-Wan, you?ll be out of here in another week, maybe.?

?You got cold hands, man. Ever heard of gloves?? He paused long enough to take a deep breath. ?I?m jus kiddin?. I love you, Terr?Terr?Ter?whatever. You already know who you are.?

?Right. Drunk padawans are not a good idea. A good lesson for me. Let me go write that down. I?ll be by later.? And he was gone.

The spiky headed boy rolled his head towards his master. ?I feel horrible, Mah?Mah?Mah?whatever. I mean, I feel good, but I feel bad. S?at make sense to an old man like you? You sure got a lotta gray in that hair. To much stress in yer life.? Obi-Wan continued to giggle and ramble on about nothing. Taking a look at the chrono on the wall, Qui-Gon remembered his appointment with Master Yoda. But he could not allow his apprentice to lie here alone in the state he was currently in. With a strong suggestion through the Force, he pushed Obi-Wan towards sleep. The boy tried to fight it, but there was no strength left in his weakened body. Within a few minutes, he was out cold.

~*~

Another few days passed and the infection finally seemed to be under control. The fever was down and Obi-Wan was close to going home. But before he could be released, there was one thing that had to happen.

?Healer Terran, you said I could go home once my fever was better. Why can?t I leave??

?In order to make sure your kidney?s are functioning correctly, I want to make sure you can?ah?use the bathroom before you leave. Do you think you can go??

Obi-Wan pursed his lips together and without much thought answered, ?Nope. Sure can?t.?

?Would you like to try??

?I know when I have to go. And trust me. I do not have to go. The urge has left me.?

?Then I advise you to start drinking fluids. Because you are not leaving here until the urge returns.?

?Healer Terran, I can pee at home if that?s the problem. We do have a bathroom in our quarters. And right after I do, I?ll call you and then spread word through

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    We do have a bathroom [face_laugh]

good thing this is not part of the trials. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Obi.
    ?It?s run or disaster. Gotta go. Bye.? [face_laugh]
    too much juice.

Nice ending. Good job Obi the Kid.

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Really cute. I especially loved the interaction between Mace and Obi. Hope to see more fics! Please don't make us wait too long.

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks, Patty and Diane! :D

Don't worry, more stories to come. Angst AND humor!

Obi

6. no_krakana

no_krakana Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    it's over already?! awww....

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Up!

Brilliant OTK :D Obi is so CUTE when he's all drunk and ditzy [face_laugh]

Loved this story ^_^

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks, Ginger and Krakana! Yappy Obi strikes again! :D

Thanks for reading!

Obi

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. Jedi_Silver

Jedi_Silver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    ?I might not be in control of all my marbles??

That was just one of the many great and funny parts of this story

Obi the Kid you did a great job on it!

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks so much, Jedi Silver! :D

12. Jedi_Silver

Jedi_Silver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    No problem!

I really liked the story..

I mean that was just 1 medical problem out of thousands that you could choise from ...

But then again Poor Obi-Wan hates go to the healers.. :p

Up for this story so that others can find read and enjoy!

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    This was hilarious OTK!
    Iloved it!
    Nice work!!!

14. no_krakana

no_krakana Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    Is it too early to ask for more of a incredibly talkative Obi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.