main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Promise (Post-TPM, MUCH Obi angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Promise
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Post-TPM. Non-Slash. One month after Qui-Gon?s death, Obi-Wan and Bren try to move on with their lives.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

NOTE: This is a sequel to my stories ?Empty? and ?Failure.? Both can be found on my website.

========
    Promise
    ========

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood in the docking bay. He was impatient. Always impatient. He recalled the words of his master, ?Patience, Padawan. We must be patient.? A small smile formed on his lips as an image of Qui-Gon flashed through his mind. One month had passed since the battle on Naboo. That day when the young Jedi?s life changed forever.

His good friend, Knight Taash Evram had been to see him a week after Qui-Gon?s death. He offered a supportive voice and an emotional release. Taash had been called away shortly after that visit, but before he left, he?d arranged with the council to have Master Bren Anders return home. A reprieve from her teaching assignment on Rahalan. Taash knew that in order for Obi-Wan to move on and to find closure, this was one person that he needed to reach out to.

Her two-week trek from Rahalan to Coruscant would touch down today.

Anakin stood quietly with his master as they waited. Obi-Wan had begun the first stages of training with the boy. Relations between the two were friendly, but strained. Yet Obi-Wan was determined to fulfill his promise to Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan?s eyes followed the descent of a large transport ship that was on final approach. His breathing quickened a bit as his heart began racing.

Anakin looked up at him. ?Master, are you okay??

?Yes, Anakin. Just anxious to see an old friend,? he answered without taking his eyes from the ship.

The transport rattled slightly as it clanged against the metal of the landing platform. The engine slowly shut down and the passengers began to make their way down the ramp. Obi-Wan smiled as he saw a familiar figure coming towards him. He ignored the few tears that now streamed down his cheeks as he moved to meet Master Anders. Without a word, he wrapped his arms around her in a crushing embrace. It gave him a feeling of comfort and love that he never wanted to see end. Bren returned the gesture, holding Obi-Wan in her arms as she had done so many times before. The day he became Qui-Gon?s padawan, Obi-Wan also became a part of Bren?s family. It was something they would always have.

Still locked in the embrace, Bren was the first to break the silence. ?I?ve missed you, Obi-Wan. I?m sorry it took me so long to get here.?

?I missed you too, Master Bren. I?m so glad to see you.?

Each released their hold on the other and wiped the tears away. Bren looked down to see the small blonde-haired boy standing behind Obi-Wan. Kenobi realized that he?d completely forgotten about his apprentice and turned towards the boy. ?Oh, Master Bren, this is my apprentice. Anakin Skywalker, meet Master Bren Anders. A close friend to both myself and Master Qui-Gon.?

?Nice to meet you Master Bren.?

?Hi, Anakin. How?s life as a padawan thus far??

?Tiring. But Master Obi-Wan is a good teacher.?

?I bet he is.?

Obi-Wan put a hand on the boy?s shoulder. ?Anakin, you are to meet Master Kloon shortly, correct??

?Yes, Master. I am supposed to train with him all day.?

?Okay, Master Bren and I will walk you to the training area and I will leave you in his care.?

?Yes, Master.?

Bren saw the look of uncertainty in the knight?s face. She could tell he was lost and not totally convinced that he was ready for an apprentice of his own. But

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Beautiful..thank you

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow. Thank you so much for writing that! Bren knew exactly what to say, and it was just so beautiful and perfect.

Great job!

KenobisGirl :)

4. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    That was so sweet... *sniff* I just love Brens character and how she watches over Obi-Wan. Not to mention that Anakin was such a sweet child in this story...

Wonderful, Obi the Kid!

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks so much you guys!!!! Yeah, this was before evil Ani took over. He was a sweet kid, wasnt it? Thanks for latching onto the Bren character as well. She's come a long way since her first appearance in a humor story!

THANKS!

Obi

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was beutiful but I usually don't admit to Qui's death.

One comment though, it seems that in FF and AOTC,Obi-Wan's distance and lack of connection with his padawan could have turned the boy.Their bond never seems close.

Obi always questioned him and sensed something.

Ani's like a child prodigy whose parents keep pushing and pushing and one until one day he goes beserk [turns to the dark],like Ani did.

I think that would have had to seep across their bond like an opend sore.
    Just my take on it.

But I always love your stories.

PEACE Ewen

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Ewen!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

I try to avoid writing Anakin at all. Which is why I kinda made him disappear in this story. But here he's still young and innocent. Hasnt quite begun to feel the power of what he as he gets older.

Obi

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    An absolute pleasure to read as always OTK :)

*sniff* Beautiful, just beautiful :_| I need a tissue!

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Ginger! Here, take this entire box of tissues! :)

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    UP we go!

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  13. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Almost makes me want to cry.

Are you going to post the third part of your trilogy here at TFN? I think this was the second part, right - unless I missed one.

14. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Obi, that was beautiful! It never crossed my mind as to how Bren and Obi might work through the pain together and it was nice - sad - to read. Sad, but nice. I do love her, though. She is one of the few OC that I have actually grown attached to.

Wonderful job!

~Antigone

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys! Casacadia, yup the third (and final) part in this will be posted here eventually. It's a short piece called "Failure," and is an Obi POV story. Keep your eyes open for it! :)

Antigone, Thanks for your comments about Bren. SHe's a great character for me. I thought she and Obi would both struggle to deal with this, but it was nice for Obi to have a strong person to lean on.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Obi

16. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Another great fic by OtK. I like how you should Obi trying too hard to be a good Master to Ani when all the boy needs is for him to be himself. And Bren is always great. Hope to see more.

~Swede :p

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Swede! I hope to be able to keep develping the Bren character. She seems to play well off of both Qui and Obi.

Thanks for reading!

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.