Fic: Rock of Light (Young Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jenn-Kenobi, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3

Title: Rock of Light
    Author/e-mail: Jenn
    Pairing/Characters: Young Qui-Gon and Hedda
    Archive: Anywhere, just ask.
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns Qui-Gon. Hedda and the others are mine, but I am not getting paid so that is ok.
    Spoilers: Just minor ones for JA 3.
    Summary: This is just a cute little story out how a little girl met a Padawan, not knowing what destiny had in store for them in the future.

This was just an ordinary day for Hedda Jacamar but she didn't know yet that she would meet someone today who would change her life forever.

The morning had gone as it always had. Hedda and her older sister, Dyma, would get up and eat breakfast with their parents. Hedda's father would go to his job; her mother would watch some of the younger children of the city.

Today the small group would go to the woods and the meadow to look at plants and some of the animals. Hedda couldn't wait until they got to see some of the pretty flowers all in the meadow near the woods.

Once the other five children came, Hedda couldn't hold in her excitement. At five, going to the meadow and woods was a big deal to her.

When they got to the woods, everyone started looking for different plants or listening to hear any animals nearby.

Hedda saw a pretty plant that was white with a green middle; the stem was a bright red with red leaves. She started to pick some, when she heard something. She stopped to listen, it sounded faint. As she stepped closer to the sound, it became slightly louder. It sounded like running water. She knew the sound because she had heard it on a holovid with a river. She remembered Mama saying that the woods were divided from the River of Light.

She looked back at the small group. Everyone was doing his or her own thing, so she thought she might not be missed. She started walking quietly so no on would hear her and after a while, she starting going through plants and shrubbery.

Walking to the sound, Hedda knew she was getting closer. She could hear it now. The sound was soothing like it could put anyone to sleep. She pushed the last of the plants out of the way and just stared. The River of Light was something Hedda's little mind could not imagine, but she knew she would never forget it.

Her gaze was on the river, she almost missed the young man kneeling in the grass with his eyes closed.

Hedda was not sure if she should say something to this young man. He had short dark brown hair with a thin braid on the side. Just when she was wondering if she should speak, the boy opened his eyes and looked at her.

He looked slightly startled to see Hedda, but he quickly replaced the look with a pleasant smile.

"Hi." Hedda replied timidly. Mama said never to talk to someone you don't know, but some how Hedda felt she could trust this boy with eyes the color of the night sky.

"My name is Qui-Gon Jinn. What's yours?"

"Hedda Ja What you here for?"

"Oh, just to think about things that has happened."

"Like what?" Hedda was curious about what Qui-Gon had to say.

Like my life as a Jedi and my life otherwise." Qui-Gon knew little Hedda would not understand what he would be talking about if he continued.

"Jedi?" Hedda's eyes sparkled with recognition

"Jedi are good and help people," she said happily with her knowledge. "Is there more?" she wanted to know.

"Yes, but you don't need to know."

Hedda pouted. "But-" she started.

Qui-Gon had to focus her attention on something else. "These stones are pretty, aren't they?" he asked and picked one up, hoping to divert her attention.

Hedda wanted to say something, but the stone he held captivated her. She nodded. The stone was black and red striped with a glow in it like the others.

"Is your mother nearby, Hedda?" Qui-Gon realized then that Hedda had wandered off. If so, her mother would be frantic, looking for her missing daughter.

When Hedda said yes, Qui-Gon quickly stood up. He had better find Hedda's mother before she left the woods in
  2. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am just upping so people can see this.

Can I know if this is good or bad?

Maybe a little bribe, I will really try to get a post for No Matter... in before Christmas.

3. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It was......I liked it.

Interesting, is this the rock that he gave to Obi? I am guessing so.
  4. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks. Yes, that is the rock Qui gives Obi later on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.