Before Fic: ...Small Packages (Qui & Obi JA) Vignette, one post - Author's responses 2/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by adawn, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. adawn Jedi Knight

star 1
    It certainly wasn?t the turn he had expected their mission to take. Yes, Jedi were supposed to be prepared for anything, but somehow he must have missed the day they covered Assisting in a Birth. Lack of preparation wasn?t going to stop this baby from coming, so he?d best get at it.

?Obi-wan, can you get me some clean cloth and our drinking water supply??
    There was no response from his apprentice, and no sound of running feet, so he turned with a questioning eyebrow and a stern look, ready to launch into his ?live in the moment? speech. Upon spying his padawan, however, he couldn?t bring himself to do it. Obi-wan was watching the woman from as far away as he could get, eyes wide and getting wider every time she had a contraction. A quick check of their bond had shown the boy was nervous, and even a little frightened at the scene before him.

Of course he?s nervous you old fool, Jinn told himself, he doesn?t know what to do or expect. Quickly he moved to Obi-wan?s side and got the boy?s attention.

?Padawan,? he said quietly, ?I need you to get our drinking water supply and some clean cloths.?

?Oh ? I?m sorry Master. I?ll do that right away.? Before he could turn though, Qui-gon grabbed his shoulder.

?Try not to lose yourself, Obi-wan. Keep your focus on your task. I will take care of the woman.?

?Yes Master, thank you.?

When the boy returned with the items, Qui-gon noticed him back away once more.

//There is nothing to be frightened of or nervous about, Obi-wan// and he could almost feel the blush rise in his own cheeks as it did on Obi-wan?s. //This is the best lesson in the strength of the living force you could ever receive. //

//I don?t think the woman would appreciate this moment being referred to as a lesson, Master// Qui-gon could hear the subtle amusement in his Obi-wan?s voice as he crept closer to his Master and the woman.

The woman was close and Qui-gon could see the crown of the baby?s head. As the woman pushed, he used a gentle thread of the force to comfort the small being as it made its way into the world. It was not long before he held the baby in his hands, clearing out its mouth. A harsh cry filled the small room. ?You have a son,? the Master said quietly as he laid the baby on the woman?s chest. She smiled up at him ?Thank you so much for your help.?

Qui-gon, smiled, stood, and ignited his lightsaber. Suddenly Obi-wan was at his side, pulling at his sleeve. ?Master?? was all he could say, the shock clear on his face.

A chuckle escaped Qui-Gon?s lips despite himself. ?It?s all right, Obi-wan, I?m just going to cut the cord.?
    Once again a blush rose in the boy?s cheeks. ?Oh?, he said, embarrassed. Then his eyes went from the baby to the lightsaber and back to the baby. Another ?oh!? this time of realization, escaped Obi-wan and he stared at his Master in awe.

Qui-gon made quick work of the cord, and cleaned the baby, returning him to his mother. Wanting to leave them in peace he shifted to the back of the cabin where his apprentice was watching the scene.

?Do you think he?ll be okay, Master? Will he survive??
    ?Likely. He will have his parents and the community to assist in the that.? A smile crossed his lips.
    ?But still, they have to make the journey to their home, and he is so small??
    At this, Qui-gon crouched down to the boy?s eye level, giving him a look that Obi-wan couldn?t quite decipher.
    ?Never mistake size for strength, my Padawan.? He said seriously, giving Obi-wan?s braid a tug. ?I have learned in my time that even small young ones can have amazing power.?

With that, he stood and guided the younger jedi from the room, with a quick look to mother and child. //It is time for them to form their bond.//
  2. Healer_Leona Scattegories Host. Manager Emeritus

Game Host
    star 9
    Truly delightful adawn. I liked how Qui-Gon noted his Obi-l/Wan'z apprehension and steadied him, plus turning the baby's birth into a lesson.
  3. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    ?Never mistake size for strength, my Padawan.? He said seriously, giving Obi-wan?s braid a tug. ?I have learned in my time that even small young ones can have amazing power.?

Loved that! I could hear Qui-Gon saying it quite clearly! =D=
  4. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really good! =D= I really love the way you described Qui-Gon noticing Obi-Wan's apprehension. Good work!
  5. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Aw, gee...I love your ending, especially. Cute story.
  6. Mind_Tricked Jedi Knight

star 1
    Adawn, I really liked that one. Fantastic idea!

Loved the part with the lightsaber. :)
  7. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  8. adawn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Healer Leona: Thank you! I figure Qui is good at turning almost anything into a lesson.

VaderLVR64: Wow, that's quite the compliment, thank you!

MASTER KAYM: I like to think that QG is aware of even the small ripplings of his Padawan's emotions...glad you enjoyed it!

Valairy Scot: I'm a sucker for the cute, especially cute endings.

Mind Tricked: A little humour is always fun, even at Obi's expense.

hyperspace police: Thanks I'm glad you liked it!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.