Fic: The Chosen One? (1/1) **Humor TPM**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4

Title: THE CHOSEN ONE?
    Author: Susie
    Email: Ari82@aol.com
    Archive: The Regulars are welcome to it and anyone else, just let me know.
    Category: AU
    Characters/Pairing: Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan (non-slash)
    Rating: G
    Warnings: This is the result of boredom and caffeine. Read at your own risk.
    Disclaimer: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Anakin do not belong to me, but rather George Lucas. Any other recognizable ideas are also George's and not mine.
    Feedback: If you actually make it through the whole story, why not? :)
    Summary: A strange redo on "that" scene at the end of TPM.

Obi-Wan didn't give a second glance to the Sith's body as it tumbled down into the black abyss, but rather rushed over to his fallen Master's side.

"It's too late, Obi-Wan." The aging Master whispered painfully as his Padawan gently held his head.

"No." The apprentice attempted to disagree. "No."

Qui-Gon shook his head. There was so much to say, so much he needed Obi-Wan to know, but as he lay dying only one thought seemed to take precedence in his mind.

"You must?you must?"

Obi-Wan nodded his head urging his Master to go on. What was this final message that Qui-Gon wanted to get to him?

"You must?must not train the boy."

The young Jedi blinked once. Then twice. And a third time. ~Train the boy?~

"Um Master?"

"No." Qui-Gon interrupted. "He is too dangerous. You must not train him."

Obi-Wan hated to be rude, especially since this appeared to be a fairly important message the older Jedi was attempting to get across and was probably one of the last Qui-Gon would ever utter, but?

"Um?Master?I really?"

"Do not train him, promise me. Promise me that."

Obi-Wan was quiet unsure of what he should say at this point, and so he tried his same approach again. "Really, Master, I didn't?"

"Promise me!"

For someone who appeared to be dying, Qui-Gon could sure still yelled well enough.

"Okay. I won't train the boy, but I think you should know that I never had any intentions in the first place of taking him as my Padawan Learner."

Qui-Gon's death seemed to pause for a moment. "What?" He asked with the clarity of someone?well of someone not about to die.

"Really, I didn't see that working into my future. To be honest I can't stay the brat." Obi-Wan sighed dramatically. "There's no way I could live with him for, Force, a dozen years!"

Qui-Gon didn't exactly know what to say to all this. He had thought his dying words would be profound, would guide his Padawan some, but apparently it wasn't the case. So, he attempted a different route. "What if I had asked you to train him?"

Obi-Wan looked down at his Master and then fell silent as if thinking over his answer with as much deliberation as possible.

"Hmmm," the Padawan tapped a finger to his chin, "I suppose I would have done it." Obi-Wan's eye looked back down at his Master. "Yes, I would have."

Qui-Gon nodded. "Good, good."

A silence fell into the generator room.

"Ummm?" Qui-Gon muttered.

"Yeah?" Obi-Wan muttered.

And the silence was back, neither really sure what to do next.

"So, how do you feel?" Obi-Wan asked.

Qui-Gon shrugged. "Better I suppose."

"Do you think you're going to die anymore?"

The older Jedi pondered the question for a moment, "I don't think I will, actually."

"Oh, good. Glad to hear it."

"Yes, me too."

Obi-Wan looked around for a moment. "Well, I'm just going to go get some medics. You know to be safe."

Qui-Gon nodded. "Probably would be best."

The young Jedi stood and slowly walked out of the generator room as Qui-Gon laid and stared at the ceiling. For some reason, he couldn't help but feel that this was not how things were suppose to end, but?

THE END!!!

PS- On My Own will be updated soon, I just had this little guy as a way to get through writer's block.
  2. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHHAHH! I just gotta review this thing everywhere! Everyone READ THIS! You are gonna die! hahaahah! Susie this is So funny! :D
  3. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Qui-Gon's death seemed to pause for a moment. "What?" He asked with the clarity of someone?well of someone not about to die.

::snickering and holding side:: ow, hurts to laugh. I thought I'd die at the look on Qui's face there!

Who ever thought I'd laugh at that scene!

4. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was really good! HAHAHAHAHA! Nice happy ending and all. :D

~Swede :p
  5. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Qui sure does have alot to say for someone that has just been stabbed eh?

Good *Short* Story
  7. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    I am so happy to see people found this story funny. Also, just as happy to see people wanted to tell me they foudn this story funny.

Thank you for the FB!!!

UP!

8. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Well, to be honest, I can't stand the brat."

LOL!
    Well, join the club Obi!

We meet every Friday.
  10. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! Excellent work, Jedi Susie! And very original too, I don't think I've seen a rewrite like this. Well done!
  11. OBI_JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great. Could you please write some more.
    please please please please please.
  12. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you everyone! I am so happy to see people are *still* enjoying this short story.

As for more...well Quiller (someone on one of my mailing lists) propsed an idea and maybe...just maybe I'll work on that.

But, while you wait (shameless plug) you could check out my other story...On My Own. The link at the end of my post in my signature.

Thanks again!!!
  13. LittleJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! [face_laugh] Holy Force that was funny.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY
  14. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Lol! That was hilarious, Susie! :D I loved how Qui thought he was getting better and Obi went off in seearch of some medics "just to be sure"!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.