main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: The Lima Fix (JA, Obi, Qui) *Completed 3/24/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

HAHAHA! Poor half-naked Obi...hehe

Obi

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Bren: Aww, a shorter and paler version of his master. He has the same way with words.

[face_laugh] Very hilarious, OTK! Sharp, witty dialogue! Great job! :D

3. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Cas! I think this Yappy Obi has really grown on me. Now he won't go away. hehe!

Obi

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Your Yappy Obi has definitely grown on me!!! [face_laugh]

I think your funniest one is "Braidless in Coruscant." You know how hard I was laughing? I almost died!!!!! :p

More!!!!!!!!!! This is sooo good!!!! :D

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000

Oh, Braidless was one of my favorite to write as well! hehe! Don't die yet...more story to come...in just a few minutes here.

Thanks!

Obi

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Here's the next piece to the story...
    =====================================

(Qui-Gon and his padawan slowly made their way to the temple hospital for their physicals the next morning. Neither was happy about it, but they didn?t have much choice in the matter.)

Obi: Master, you know how cold Healer Terran?s hands are. Can?t someone else do the exam?

Qui: Welcome to the world of the healers, Padawan. Once we enter that door, we enter their realm. There is no help for us.

Obi: Only revenge?

Qui: No, no more revenge. Those days are behind me. Let?s go inside.

(Terran greeted the pair as they walked in. He was much to happy.)

Terran: Welcome to my home.

Obi: You live here?

Terran: No, but it helps to put the patient at ease. Both of you follow me. First thing we?ll do it weigh you.

(Qui-Gon?s weight was taken?then Obi-Wan stepped on to the scale.)

Terran: Qui-Gon, don?t you feed this boy?

Qui: I put food in front of him. I don?t physically shove it down his throat.

Obi: It?s not edible food normally.

Terran: Obi-Wan you have to eat. Edible or not. You are a skinny as a rail. Get some fat on them bones. Okay, next let?s take blood pressure. Obi-Wan, you first.

(Once Obi-Wan was finished, Qui-Gon sat down while Terran prepared the blood pressure scanner.)

Obi: This is kinda fun, Master. You and me, hanging out together with Mr. Cold Hands. The only thing that would made this morning better for me, would be a hug from you. A morning hug. Wow. That would be so great. I would be one happy padawan then.

Qui: No mush talk. Not here. Later.

Obi: How about a gentle tap on the shoulder?

Qui: Obi-Wan.

Obi: Hair ruffle?

Qui: Obi-Wan!

Obi: Pat on the back?

Qui: Padawan?

Obi: Firm hand shake?

Qui: OBI-WAN!

Terran: Okay, stop. Both of you. Qui-Gon, your blood pressure just went off the charts. Obi-Wan, sit and keep quiet. Qui-Gon, relax. Think relaxing thoughts. I?ll give you a few minutes and then try this again.

Qui: Relaxing thoughts?a normal apprentice. No, better yet?no apprentice. I can sit on the beach without being blinded by the one sitting next to me. Quiet dinners with Bren. Restful nights where I?m not interrupted by clown-under-the-bed stories. Aaaaah?this is nice.

Terran: Um?now you have no blood pressure. Okay, too relaxed. We?ll try this later. Obi-Wan, come here. Sit on the bed. Let me listen to your chest as you breath. I hate to say this because I forgot my sunglasses?but you?ll need to take your shirt off.

Obi: That joke is getting really old.

Terran: Yeah, but it?s still funny. Let me press this scanner to your chest?and when I do, take a deep breath in.

Obi: Can?t you warm that thing up a bit? It?s colder than your hands.

Terran: Breathe in and don?t talk. Hold it.

Qui: Can you keep him like that for a few days? Give me a rest?

Terran: Now, let the breath out.

Obi: Whew?huh?wooooooooooo.

Terran: Let?s do without the show okay? One more time?breathe in. Hold it. And out. Good.

Obi: That?s like one of those torture techniques that Master Bren uses.

Qui: Yes, holding your breath for ten seconds is a very common form of torture.

Obi: I am unable to talk while I hold my breath.

Terran: He?s got a point there, Qui-Gon.

Qui: What?s next?

(An hour after they arrived, the exams were completed.)

Terran: Well, other than your very odd blood pressure readings, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan?s all-skin-and-bones pale body, you and he are in good shape. Learn to relax and get some food into his system. We?ll do this again next year.

Obi: More quality time for Master Qui-Gon and I to spend together.

Qui: If that?s what you want to call it.

~~~~~~~~

(The following week, Bren got wind of a special preview showing of Attack of the Clones. And she tried to confirm a rumor about a certain favorite actor of Obi-Wan?s that might be there.)

Bren: Obi-Wan come in here and sit down. I have news for y

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Terran: Qui-Gon, don?t you feed this boy?

Obi: It?s not edible food normally.

Terran: Obi-Wan you have to eat. Edible or not. You are a skinny as a rail. Get some fat on them bones. Okay, next let?s take blood pressure. Obi-Wan, you first.

[face_laugh] Oooh. I hope Obi gets to meet Lima!! :D This is soooo funny! Oh- and I loved "Braidless in Coruscant" also. It was very funny. [face_laugh] I can't wait until you update again! :D

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ooooh, another Braidless fan! COOL! HA! Thanks Jess. Hmm...will Obi get to meet Lima...not sure about that. It could do either way! :D

Thanks for reading!

Obi

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! [face_laugh]

*Will write a more coherent reply once she manages to get up off the floor :p*

10. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Qui: None of that. And NO sugar. No Gummy Trolls. No Sith Duds. No Poof Corn.

[face_laugh]

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hmm..still rolling around on the floor Kenobi's girl? :D Gummy trolls anyone?

Obi

12. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Obi: Oh, sorry. Straight face. Got it. Good morning, Master. How are you today?

(Bren turned and whispered into the boy?s ear.)

Bren: Obi-Wan that is not normal for you.

Obi: Sorry. Hi, Master. What did the sith troll have to say?

I [face_love] you! This story is priceless! Guess I gotta go read Braidless in Coruscant. :D

I never told you, but thanks for posting my story on your sight. It meant a lot to me. :)

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000

No, Krystal, thank YOU for letting me post it there. I appreciate it.

You enjoy reading stories with Yappy Obi? :D And still more to come on this story. Braidless is on my website if you are looking for it. If you cant find it, just let me know.

Obi

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hehe, I finally got myself up off the floor. That was a hilarious post!!! I hope Obi gets to meet Lima. :D

More!!!

15. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] This just gets better and better, like always, Obi. :D

And here's another fan of "Braidless". That's definetely one of the best. [face_laugh]

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Whew, glad to hear you got yourself up off the floor. I was getting worried. :D

And yet ANOTHER fan of Braidless! WOW! I had no idea that story was so popular! Very cool!

17. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    You were worried? Awww! Hehe... :p

Looking forward to tomorrow's post!!

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    For all you early risers, he's today's post
    ===================================

(Evening fell and master and padawan prepared to head out.)

Qui: Obi-Wan you look very nice. And you even took a shower. What?s the occasion? It?s just a holo. Your best tunic. Belt is on straight. Braid has been rebraided.

Obi: I just thought I would look good for a change. It looks bad if a padawan is not clean and proper as his master is. You should tie your hair back, Master. So it doesn?t hang in your face. Would you like me to fix it for you?

Qui: Hmm, no I can take care of it. You?re acting awfully odd this evening, Obi-Wan. Is something wrong? Are you ill?

Obi: No, Master. Just happy to be spending some time with you.

Qui: Padawan, you live with me. We spend almost every waking hour together.

Obi: But that?s all Jedi stuff. This is us going out as friends. Pals. Amigos. Comrades.

Qui: I get the point. But it?s still odd. Oh well?you ready to go?

Obi: Lima?I mean?yes. Our speeder awaits.

Qui: Lima?s not in this holo, Obi-Wan.

Obi: Yes, Master. I know. But I think he?ll be there?in spirit.

Qui: I?m sure he will. Let?s go.

~~~~~~~

Obi: Master look at the size of that limo. Do you think they?re for big stars?

Qui: Probably just some politician who?s getting in for free, while the rest of us pay these sky-high prices.

Obi: I?ll be worth it, Master. I know it.

Qui: It better be. Here, the ticket line is here.

(Thirty minutes later they had their tickets and were heading into the theater. Obi-Wan took his master?s hand and dragged him to the very front row.)

Qui: Obi-Wan, I can?t watch a holo like this. I don?t enjoy looking straight up at the screen. Can we move back just a bit?

Obi: But, Master?I need to see things as they happen, and besides if you turn around from here?you can see the entire theater. I can see everyone here.

Qui: Are you here to people watch or to watch the holo?

Obi: Oh, um?just the holo. Okay, we?ll move back.

(As they moved to the center of the theatre, Obi-Wan?s eyes were moving all around. He was on the lookout for any sign of Lima. Any hint that the actor was here.)

Qui: Padawan, sit down. What are you looking for?

Obi: Nothing, Master. Just being nosey.

Qui: As usual.

(The lights dimmed and the first preview came on the screen. Obi-Wan was antsy. Still looking everywhere for Lima. He started to get out of his seat to explore when he felt a hand grab him from behind. And heard a strong voice whisper to him.)

Qui: Where are you going? Sit down.

Obi: Sorry, Master. I thought I saw someone I knew over there.

Qui: You wanted to come see this. So sit down and watch.

(The boy was nervous. Then he saw the end seat, four rows in front of him, empty. But empty for only a moment longer. A tall, lanky, dark-haired man filled the seat suddenly. Immediately, Obi-Wan knew who it was. Lima. A plan was already forming in his head to move closer.)

Qui: Why are you so anxious right now? Calm down.

Obi: Um?uh?Master, I have to go.

Qui: We just got here, you wanted to see this. We are staying.

Obi: No, no. I have to go. Bathroom. I gotta pee like a racehorse

Qui: Can?t you hold it?

Obi: Could you?

Qui: Okay, but don?t disturb the entire theatre on the way out. And excuse yourself for walking past the people in our row.

(Qui-Gon watched Obi-Wan walk out of the row?and then in the wrong direction. He moved towards the front of the theatre.)

Qui: //Obi-Wan, the bathroom is the other way.//

Obi: //Master, look?it?s Lima. Just in front of me. I have to say hi to him.//

Qui: //NO! Get your tail back here. NOW! You told me you had to use the bathroom. No, you just wanted to see Lima. How did you know he would be here?Bren. I knew there was something going on between you two. Obi-Wan Kenobi come back here and sit down or we are leaving. And there will be no mush for you for an entire month.//

(O

19. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Yea! New postie!! :D

Obi: Lima cares about me too. But do you? No. Does my apprentice? No. Oh he goes on and on about how he loves me like a father. Then as soon as I am gone from earshot, he starts mouthing off about me to anyone that will listen. Then he and Pastry Head go off and get all mushy with each other. That?s disgusting. Hand me a vomit bag.

Qui: Look at your fighter, Obi-Wan. You have got to like that. Finally you get your own ship. You can do anything you want with it.

Obi: Can I hunt down my apprentice and send him to blue ghostie land?

Qui: No, then he?ll be in my world. I don?t want him.

Obi: But you have no problem conning me into training him. Thanks, Master. I love you too. Whoa?look at that Emperor guy. You can barely make out his face?but he looks so familiar. Put some freaky Don King hair on his head and he?d look just like?MASTER! That?s Senator Ovaltine. He?s the Emperor. He?s a sith. Oh, no wonder the hairs on my neck were sticking straight up when we left his office.

[face_laugh]Why won't Qui let Obi go see Lima! Isn't he smart enough not to stand betwenn Obi and his favorite actor? *sigh* I hope Obi does get to meet Lima, though. :D O, BTW, Obi the Kid, did you post Braidless in Coruscant anywhere on the boards? I am a HUGE fan of that fic. :D Well, I love how this is turning out so far. Excellent!

20. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    (no message)

(because Clare has fallen off her chair and is trying to regain her breath after laughing so hard from reading The Lima Fix and Braidless in Coruscant in a row)

21. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh boy, Clare. You'll be down there for quite a while! :p

Qui had better let Obi meet Lima, or I will have his head!!!

Great post! More soon, please!

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Remind me next time to install seat belts on your chairs. Gotta stay in them so you can finish reading! hehe!

Thanks!

Braidless was posted here looooooooooooooong time ago. If you guys are interested, after I finish this story (which i think has about 2 more posts left) I can post Braidless here. What do you think?

Obi

23. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    (Pardon me while I incorporate the British wasy of speaking- I love how they talk!)

YES!!! You must post Braidless after! Its a bloody brilliant story! Its double cool with knobs! Obi-Wan is one hilarious bloke! Do you think you can spoil us and post another part of the fic today, Obi? I can't wait until tomorrow, this is so bloody brilliant!!!!!

That was fun! :D

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Nicely said, Jess! And thank you! :D I don't have time to post another post today, but first thing in the morning (eastern coast time)...I promise there will be a post!

As for Braidless...I just gotta look thru my story disks...and find it. If all goes well, I think I'll post it maybe Tuesday.

Obi

25. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Qui: Will you be quiet. This is fiction, Obi-Wan. This is not how our lives will fill out. I am not going to be killed by some sith. You will not have to adopt some whiny blonde haired kid. There will not be some odd, orange, frog-like thing following us around for several weeks.

LMAO!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.