main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: The Lima Fix (JA, Obi, Qui) *Completed 3/24/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    There will not be some odd, orange, frog-like thing following us around for several weeks.

[face_laugh] Brilliant! Only two more posts left? :_| Sequel?

*waits for yes*

YAHHHHHH!!!!!!

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hehe. Everyone is still laughing. Thats a good sign! YAY! And everyone is staying in their chairs too. Whew. I was worried you guys were gonna get hurt. :D

Thanks for the comments!

Obi

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi never shuts up - even at the theater. [face_laugh] You've really done well of making these characters all your own. Poor Qui, though!

I can't wait to see if Obi talks to Lima. And what happens if he does. :D

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    :D Thanks Cas. Well for all of you wondering if Obi would get to talk to Lima...here ya go.
    ===============================

(It was to late. Obi-Wan took off down the row and then turned left in the aisle. Lima had not gotten up from his seat yet. He appeared to be waiting for the crowd to lesson before he moved to the lobby. Obi-Wan took up quick residence in the seat beside him. His breathing was wild and he was sweating. Legs jumping, the boy was unable to contain himself. He looked at Lima. Lima looked back and smiled. Obi-Wan slid right out of the chair and onto the sticky floor. Lima reached for him and pulled him back into the seat. Then he had to hold him there so he didn?t slide from the seat again.)

Obi: L?L?L?um?L?

Lima: Are you all right?

Obi: L?L?Li?Lime?Li?

Lima: Are you here with a parent or guardian? Do they know where you are?

Obi: Lima?um?Lima?uh?Lima?

Lima: Perhaps you should stay here with me until we can locate your parents.

Obi: No?par?ents?Jedi?app?appren?appren?

Lima: Ah, you?re a Jedi apprentice.

Obi: Um?uh?huh? Wha? Who? Where?

Lima: Is your master here?

Obi: Somewhere?he?s um?Lima?

Lima: Just say put. I?m sure he?s looking for you. What?s your name?

Obi: Um?um?Lima?no?uh?Obi-Wan. Yes, that?s my name. You are Lima.

Lima: Yes I am. You know me.

Obi: I?ve seen all of your holos. Several hundred times. You are my hero.

Lima: Aw, that?s nice of you, Obi-Wan. But I?m just an actor. I?m sure you have your master to look up to.

Obi: Well, he is kinda tall.

Lima: That?s not what I meant. He?s important to you, yes?

Obi: Oh yeah. I love him. He?s great. Even though he doesn?t hug me much. He?s a great man though. One of the greatest Jedi ever. But sometimes I think I get on his nerves. I tend to talk a lot. I can?t help it. I just love to talk with people that I like. But when he left for vacation a couple months ago, I was left with Master Bren and Master Brazo for two weeks. Now Master Brazo seems to have gone off the deep end. Even Nev can?t help him. Master Qui-Gon, that?s my master, thinks I talked him to insanity while he was looking out for me. But Master Bren was okay after those two weeks with me. But she says women are stronger, that?s why she could handle it. Do you think that, Lima? Are women stronger than men? I mean not physically, but emotionally and mentally? I think they are. Master Qui-Gon doesn?t think so, and because of that she kicks his butt in sparring all the time. Then he gets mad because a woman beat him, and to make up they get into all that adult mush crap. Ah, I don?t understand all that. I tell him, no adult mush while I am present. But they start calling each other by these gross little nicknames. It?s just?well, it?s like Sith Boy and Donut Head in this holo. Disgusting. Are you married, Lima?

Lima: How did you say all that without taking a breath?

Obi: I am talented. Do you have any kids?

Lima: I am married and I have two children.

Obi: So you have no time to train an apprentice?

Lima: Uh, no I don?t Not to mention I am not in a field of work that requires one to become an apprentice. Are you not happy as a Jedi?

Obi: I am. But?you are Lima. I could talk to you all day long.

Lima: Well, I don?t have that kind of time.

Obi: I know.

Lima: You should spend time with your master.

Obi: Are you sure you don?t need an apprentice? I could curl your hair for you.

Lima: I am positive. I?ve tried the perm look once. Scared myself and my wife half to death. My kids didn?t recognize me. I don?t think my hair needs curling.

Obi: My master won?t let me curl his hair anymore. He gets embarrassed because I told the council about his pink curlers and his light saber boxer shorts. Oh, and his sexy Qui dance that he does in front of the mirror right before a big date with Master Bren. Do you dance in front of the mirror, Lima?

Lima: Not that I recall.

Obi: Do you like mush?

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Obi: No...par...ents...Jedi...app...appren...appren...

Obi: Um...uh...huh? Wha? Who? Where?

Obi: Somewhere...he's um...Lima?

Obi: Um...um...Lima...no...uh...Obi-Wan. Yes, that's my name. You are Lima.

Lima: Aw, that's nice of you, Obi-Wan. But I'm just an actor. I'm sure you have your master to look up to.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    ]Obi: No...par...ents...Jedi...app...appren...appren...

Obi: Um...uh...huh? Wha? Who? Where?

Obi: Somewhere...he's um...Lima?

Obi: Um...um...Lima...no...uh...Obi-Wan. Yes, that's my name. You are Lima.

Lima: Aw, that's nice of you, Obi-Wan. But I'm just an actor. I'm sure you have your master to look up to.

Obi: Well, he is kinda tallObi:

[face_laugh] That was great! Awww, Lima was so nice to our young, obsessive talkative Obi!! I'm sure that must have been some bloody ecstatic experiance for the adorable bloke! [face_love] That was great, and Lima was so nice to Obi! Very, very funny too. [face_laugh] double funny with knobs. And yes-- please please please post "Braidless" soon! *puppy dog eyes* (talking British is hard, I'll stop for a while)
    Oh, and something I have to tell you, Obi the Kid. I find it amazing how you write stories. You are a genius with humor fics, but are also a master at angst! How do you do that, I would like to know. ;) I'm adequate at angst, but I suck at humor! I just can't write it well, it ends up pretty stupid. But you can write both genres with such prefection... *sigh*

Edit: repeated myself

7. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Lima: Aw, that?s nice of you, Obi-Wan. But I?m just an actor. I?m sure you have your master to look up to.

[face_laugh]

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay! Obi got to meet Lima! That was too funny, especially the way Obi kept on thudding. Hehe... [face_laugh]

Awww, I don't want it to be the end!! :(

Looking forward to the repost of Braidless!! :D

9. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002

That was the funniest line of the whole piece! [face_laugh] And I finally got to read Braidless! I've been doing a good thing, reading all 83 of your stories at ff.net. Wonderful work! [face_laugh] Lima is so nice!

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks to EVERYONE for reading! Yay for Obi. He finally got to meet his hero. hehe. Wow, Krystal you are you a roll! :D

Jess, thank you. Actually angst is very difficult for me to write. I think my current angst stories are better than when I first started out. I've learned alot over the few years I've been doing this. But still have a ways to go to get my angst stories where I want them. I just recently finished a JA story where I have 2 new characters in the main roles. Obi and Qui are there, but play supporting characters. I'm trying to expand my universe a bit and give Qui and Obi some other characters to play off of. As for humor. Well, that comes naturally for me. And now that Yappy Obi has taken on a life of his own..sometimes he kinda just writes himself. He gets on a roll and I cant stop him. I'm usually exhausted after writing one of my humor stories. He's a crazy kid! :D

Thanks to all of you guys. I really appreciate you reading and all of your great comments. It means a great deal to me.

Last post coming up tomorrow morning! And then I'll repost Braidless.

Obi

11. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *delurks*

ROTFLMAO!!!

Absolutely wonderful...boy Obi must just cringe when he looks back on his past :p

12. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Ah! I almost missed this one! :eek: That is a scary thought. Well, here now.

Excellent job, dear OTK! As always. I love every second I've been reading your fic, which I must say is hilarous, as all your wonderful humor fics are. :D Though I stopped breathing a couple of times out of laughing too hard. ;) Heh, and Obi finally got to meet his idol, excellent. Poor Qui, has to deal with motor mouth Obi, heh, but its all good. :) And now I hear your posting Braidless again, Yay! Will love to read it again.

May your plot bunnies never run off! And may the mush, and mushless contiue to flow. ;)

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Phoenix! Maybe this is why Obi ends up in the desert as a hermit. He's ashamed of his younger days! :D

Good to see you, Star! Thanks! So glad you enjoy my humor stories. Just one post left on this one. That nutty Obi! hehe!

Obi

14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Here's the conclusion! Thanks to everyone for reading!
    ==========================

(By the time they got back to the temple and to their quarters, Obi-Wan was finally wearing down. His Lima high had worn him out. Qui-Gon pushed him softly in the direction of the bedroom. Obi-Wan curled right into bed after his master took his boots off. And within seconds, he was sound asleep. Qui-Gon retreated when he heard the door chime sound.)

Qui: Bren, what brings you by this late?

Bren: I wanted to see how things went this evening.

Qui: I discovered the Lima secret that you and he were hiding from me. Teaching him to deceive his master. Bren, I am ashamed of you.

Bren: Would you stop. If he had told you that Lima was going to be there, you never would have let him go. Did he meet him?

Qui: And hugged him.

Bren: Aww, I wish I had been there to see it.

Qui: No, then you would have just slobbered all over Lima. You?re as bad as Obi-Wan is about that man. I don?t get it. What?s so special about him? I mean, did you see that nose? And those eyes. One is smaller than the other. What you two see in him, I will never know.

Bren: Loosen up, Stretch. Where?s the kid?

Qui: Out cold in his bedroom.

Bren: You mean he?s quiet? So we can?

Qui: Hmm?

(Without warning, Obi-Wan came bursting into the common area.)

Obi: I fall asleep for five minutes and you two are already talking about adult mush. I am never leaving you guys alone again.

Bren: Hi kid. How?d you like the holo?

Obi: Holo? What holo?

Bren: The one you saw tonight.

Obi: Um?

Qui: Before you met Lima.

Obi: Oooooooooh. Sorry. Lima on the brain. The holo was okay. If I ever have an apprentice like Anakin, murder WILL be an option.

Bren: And Lima?

(Obi-Wan slid off the couch.)

Bren: Ah, I see. The same reaction I have to him.

Qui: Back to bed with you, Padawan.

Obi: Can?t I watch one Lima holo before bed?

Qui: No, because that means you?ll be running your lips the entire time. Bren and I don?t want to hear that.

Bren: Obi-Wan, it is difficult to cuddle when you?re in the middle going on and on about Lima this and Lima that.

Obi: But you love Lima.

Bren: True, but I love your master too.

Obi: Oh man. I feel the bile rising.

Qui: And it will keep rising until it departs your body.

Obi: That?s just not right. You?re a disgusting man, do you know that?

Qui: Bed. Now.

Obi: What if I have nightmares about Senator Ovaltine?

Qui: Then you?ll have a heck of a time staying awake tomorrow when I give you extra workouts for being dishonest with me about this holo thing.

Obi: Goodnight.

(Without another word, he hurried into his bedroom. Qui-Gon waited until he heard the door slide shut before turning to Bren.)

Bren: Threaten him with a hard workout rather than no mush. Learning a new trick are we?

Qui: He just uses the mush thing against me. At least this way, I can get some kind of training into him. If I don?t, he?ll be a padawan until he?s forty. I don?t have that kind of stamina. At this rate, I might not make it until he?s fifteen.

Bren: But look at the joy he?s brought to your life.

Qui: Look at the gray hair he?s brought to my life. The stress lines. The high blood pressure. I was never afraid of clowns until Obi-Wan became my apprentice.

Bren: You mean the one under your bed?

Qui: DON?T say that. There is not a clown under my bed. There?s not. No clown.

Bren: Uh huh. Shall we cuddle in your bedroom then?

Qui: NO! No. Um?no.

(A voice bellowed from the smaller bedroom.)

Obi: CAN?T SLEEP, CLOWN?S GONNA EAT MASTER QUI-GON!

Qui: GO TO SLEEP! THERE IS NO CLOWN UNDER MY BED. NO CLOWN. UNDERSTAND? NO CLOWN.

Bren: Then why are you so anxious right now?

Qui: No reason. Just tired.

Obi: I THOUGHT YOU SAID LYING WAS WRONG, MASTER?

Qui: Excuse me, Bren. I have a padawan to kill.

Bren: Qui-Gon Jinn. Leave him alone. He?s just

15. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Qui: Look at the gray hair he?s brought to my life. The stress lines. The high blood pressure. I was never afraid of clowns until Obi-Wan became my apprentice.

Qui: DON?T say that. There is not a clown under my bed. There?s not. No clown

LMAO..clowns??? :p

That was really fun! I loved every post!

OK..what is this Braidless I keep hearing about?

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Lt Page! Braidless in Coruscant is a humor story I did a while back that deals with how Qui and Obi view the JA book series that was done by Jude Watson. It'll help to actually have those books near you if you read that story ! hehe!

Thanks for sticking with this one!

Obi

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Great ending, OTK! :D

18. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002

Qui: GO TO SLEEP! THERE IS NO CLOWN UNDER MY BED. NO CLOWN. UNDERSTAND? NO CLOWN.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Bravo, Obi, that was hilarious. I'm happy that Obi got to meet Lima. :p

Can't wait to re-read "Braidless" :p

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    OTK my chest is aching from all the laughing! :D Soooooo funny! Great as always ;)

Loved the part about the clown lol! Too funny :D

Look forward to more fics from you soon :)

20. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ginger, Suzuran and Cas! THANKS for reading and all your great comments! Much appreciated.

If all goes well, I'll post part of Braidless tomorrow (I gotta figure out which of my disks it's on). I can't remember how long it is, but I'll most likely end up posting in several large posts since it's a story that had already been on the boards.

Obi

21. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    LMAO!!!! Qui: Look at the gray hair he?s brought to my life. The stress lines. The high blood pressure. I was never afraid of clowns until Obi-Wan became my apprentice.

[face_laugh] He he. That was a great fic, OTK!! I loved every single post of it. And yea, you really should by seatbelts for all of your readers! And if I am mispelling a lot- its your fault for making such a funny story that I am still laughing from it!! :D LMAO still!!!! *falls off seat*

Angst is hard to write for you??? Wow. That's a surprise. You write it so well, that I imagined it all came pretty easy! And I love all your humor fics- can't wait until you post Braidless! :D

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Jess! Yeah, for whatever reason, I struggle with my angst stories. There are areas there where I still need to improve, so I keep working at it. Thank you though for the kind words! It means alot!

oh, and get back in your chair!!! hehe

Obi

23. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    LOL!!!! Excellent conclusion!! [face_laugh]

Yay, Braidless tomorrow!

Oh, by the way, any chance you're going to write another angst fic soon? You write angst so well, especially "Guilty Heart." That story made me cry!!

Anyway, loved the fic!! :)

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks KenobisGirl. Actually I have several angst fics just about done. I like to alternate my stories. Humor then angst, etc. So the next story I post (Braidless, not included) will not be a humor story. Just not sure when that story will actually post.

Oh, and regarding 'Guilty Heart' I did post a sequel to that, before the boards split up. It was called Destiny. It's also on my website, if you didnt happen to catch it.

Obi

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001

Bren: Then why are you so anxious right now?

Qui: No reason. Just tired.

Obi: I THOUGHT YOU SAID LYING WAS WRONG, MASTER?

Qui: Excuse me, Bren. I have a padawan to kill.

[face_laugh] Clowns?! LOL!

Looking forward to the repost of Braidless! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.