Fic: The Tigers Come At Night (an JA story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, May 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry for this insanely large disclaimer section...

Notes: This story takes place after JA #2, thus Obi-Wan is 12, almost 13. There's also a smaller spoiler for JA #3, but you'd only catch it if you read the book.

Warnings: This story deals with a fairly adult matter: child molestation. Therefore, if this offends you, please leave now. I will tell you that there is nothing graphic, but the premise is still there and I don't want anyone to be awkward or uncomfortable while reading my story.

Rating: I would say 'R', but I'm terrble with ratings, so just read at you own risk!

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars (Shocking isn't it?), Obi-Wan (Oh how I wish I did, though), Qui-Gon, Courosant, the Jedi, or anything else that has to deal with the wonderful universe that my buddy (Ha! My buddy! I wish) George Lucas created. Also, a huge thank you to Robin for letting me borrow the Jedi Soul Healer Master Nik-Ka. Nik-Ka is not mine (obviously) so if you want to borrow him talk to Robin (Rlsrwrfan@aol.com). However, I do own Henqu, some other characters and other places that I just made up for the story. And, the idea of Bant being a Healer is not mine either, I read it in a story (a couple really) and liked it so I used it. Hope no one minds.

Archieve: Someone would want this? Okay?ah Wolfie's site, JA, PP and Early Years. (Thanks guys!)

Notes: I want to thank my beta crew (you know who you are) that helped to make this story readable and, I hope, enjoyable. However, any errors that remain are still my own. (As much as I'd like to pass them off as someone else's)

And, *finally*, I wanted to shout a couple of special thank you's out there:

First, to Novela, who gave me wonderful 'late night caffeine high' ideas and help. Also, for making sure that I kept my story flowing and for her tangents, which just made me go off and write even more! And, never once did I have to say, "Buzz off, beta girl".**ducks**
    Second, to my wonderful technical support, Usako, who helped out with all my errors on this story. And trust me, it had to have been a full time job. I think I finally got the comma rule down!
    Third, to Robin who always keep in contact wondering how the story was going. Thanks for making me realize I couldn't take a week off from writing?.EVER! And for the use of Nik-Ka.
    And forth to, RavenD, who always asked question (and no I never died of shock either) so that I could have my plot make sense. Also, hope your lab people don't think my e-mails are TOO bizarre.

~ ~ Indicates thoughts
    / / Indicates Force messages
    * * Indicates italics
    ~~~~~~

"But the tigers come at night
    With their voices soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And they turn your dream to shame
    ~
    I had a dream my life would be
    So much different from this hell I'm living
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now life has killed
    The dream I dreamed."
    ~"The Dream I Dreamed" from Les Miserables

The Tigers Come at Night
    By: Susie
    (send feedback **good or bad** to Ari82@aol.com)

He was coming, again. There was no escape; there never was. Obi-Wan wanted to scream for help, from anyone: The Force, The Council, Yoda, his Master. *His Master.* Depression hit Obi-Wan like a kick to the chest. Even Qui-Gon could not help him. Obi-Wan bit down on his lip to suppress a cry that rose in his throat. He was close to the door. Reflexively, Obi-Wan drew his knees closer to his chest, forming a small ball, with his eyes fixed on the door. The creak of the door echoed in the small room, and Obi-Wan held his breath as light from the apartment flooded into his room. The pale yellow light bathed Obi-Wan, making him feel as though he sat in a spotlight. There was truly no place to hide now. The Monster could find him anywhere and no one knew.

No one knew and no one suspected.

~Hard to see, the Dark Side is. ~ Yoda's words came back to taunt Obi-Wan; they held so much truth.

Obi-Wan instinctively hung his head and the man's footsteps came closer.

He had no place to
  2. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What is going on???

More soon!

Kithera
  3. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, the thought disturbs me more than Obi-torture. But now I'll have to see it through to the end.

Post often, post soon.
  4. Norbooboo Jedi Knight

What do I think? Brave, extremely well written (I could actually taste the bile in the back of my throat right along with Obi-Wan) , and definately heartfelt. It could not have been easy to decide to post this story for fear that someone would be offended. I don't think that you need to worry. From your first post at least it seems as though you are treating this topic with the sensitivity needed to make it meaningful. Good work. Though, having three children myself who I can far too easily put into our little Obi-Wan's place, I will look forward to reading this. Jeez, do I sound pompous or what?!? I'm not a windbag really!!
  5. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chilling premise. Do I understand correctly that it's not Qui-Gon? So who is it? Who else would be able to get to Obi-Wan like that? Much as the idea makes me shiver, I have to call out for more, because the worst thing is not-knowing.
  6. Darth Tristeza Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOW! WHAT GREAT BETA YOU HAVE MY DEAR!!!

LOL! *ducking now*

Seriously, glad you're posting this! See! I told you they'd like it!

I need more caffine...pass me a coke, would ya?

[This message has been edited by Darth Tristeza (edited 05-09-2000).]
  7. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    You have me hooked.

This is undoubtedly going to have the most disturbing Obi torture of all.

This was very well written, I could feel how scared Sweet little Obi was, and also having young children of my own I just want to make him feel better.

Now on to answering our questions, just who is this dark figure hurting our sweet boy and what is Qui-Gon gonna do when he gets a hold of him, assuming of course he is not the culprit.... no that would never happen, we would probably have to lynch the author if Qui turned to the dark side.
  8. Maelisaandii Jedi Knight

star 2
    <gapes> Alright, I'm hooked. Now post more!
  9. The Jedi Princess Jedi Master

star 2
    Susie, I am thrilled to see you posting the story and I am glad that you got a great response. You must have had great betas. LOL

Robin
  10. Tenel'Ka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Poor Obi!!! More PLEASE! I will read this to the end, I hope Qui-Gon will comfort him at some point, and I hope Obi-Wan isn't scared to let him. MORE!
  11. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    Another Les Miz fan!
    Do you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men. It is a music of a people who will not be slaves again!

Great. This is definetly the most severe form of torture. Nothing to graphic though, or it'll be deleted.
  12. Kid Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Fantastic beginning....It's a tough subject to tackle in fic, but probably more difficult in SW fic...I cannot wait to read the next part....well done !!!

13. Kid Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh, and I love the title of this thread as well. Very fitting for the subject matter.
  14. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    *Smiles* Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed that bit. The next part should be out soon...like tomorrow.

Don't worry, I would have to say that post is the worst of the whole story. Everything else is a lot lighter and (hope this doesn't spoil too many things) but yes, the story does have a happy ending.

The next post has to deal with where Qui is and the on after that has to deal with why this is happening. Then things start to move forward...

Hope you guys stay with it

~Susie
  15. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    **Waves** Hi I'm back. Okay, here's another part, this has a bit of a flashback in it and the next part will deal with why Obi is letting this happening. I hope you guys stay with the story. Oh, BTW, if you notice a lot of the song quotes will be from Les Miserables. What can I say, I love the musical! Here ya go?.
    Opps, real fast. Rating 'R' and disclaimers etc in part zero, but they're still not mine and never will be <sigh> it's the sad sad truth. Also, I make no money from this.
    ~Susie

~~~~~~
    "How fast the minutes fly away and every minute colder
    Hurry near another day is dying" -from Les Miserables

Master Henqu left the silent Padawan an hour after he had come to be with him. The boy was as detached as he had been when Henqu first starting coming; over a week ago. Obi-Wan never cried, never yelled, never talked, never even begged. Henqu was starting to resent the ability of the Jedi to control their emotions even in the most stressful situations. He wanted the boy to plead for him to stop, yet he never did. However, Master Henqu had grown up a Jedi and had enough patience to watch paint dry. He would wait for the boy to break and that would be his greatest accomplishment.

~~~~~~

Obi-Wan waited until he heard Master Henqu shut Qui-Gon's door to breathe again. Slowly, Obi-Wan crawled out of his bed, made his way to the door, and pushed his ear up to it. There was nothing but silence. Obi-Wan turned and made his way to back his bed. Once he laid down, the tears welled up. Every night they poured out; it was Obi-Wan's only release from the horrors he had to endure. He felt the salty liquid leave a trail down his face, however he did not bother to wipe them way. He had come again and Obi-Wan had no one to help him. Not even his Master.

~Oh Sith, Why did he have to leave?~

Over the past week Obi-Wan had cursed the Jedi Council regularly for making Qui-Gon leave on that *stupid* mission without him. Obi-Wan knew it was not their fault; they had no way of knowing the truth about Master Henqu. Still?

~Why was Qui-Gon not home yet?~

~~~~~~

*ONE WEEK EARLIER*

Master Qui-Gon left the Jedi Council with his head a little lower than normal. He would have to tell Obi-Wan that he had been ordered on a mission without him. Qui-Gon hated to think of the look that Obi-Wan would give him; it would be heartbreaking. He would soon have to deal with one *very* unhappy Padawan.

Qui-Gon had only recently taken Obi-Wan as an Apprentice, and now he had to inform the boy that he was already forced to stay at the Temple. Qui-Gon cursed the bad timing. Only a week ago, he and Obi-Wan had performed the Master/Padawan Ritual. Together they pledged respect, loyalty, trust and love to each other. Qui-Gon sighed, he pledged loyalty and now he was leaving him behind. The irony was not loss on the Jedi Master.

~But, This mission did not even call for Obi-Wan's assistance~

Qui-Gon tried to rationalize to himself, if he was needed, the Council would have let him go. It was going to be a dull treaty signing between to arguing forces on Kilos. 'Study, Obi-Wan needs to. Fallen behind, has he. No longer than a week will it be.' Yoda had reassured Qui-Gon dozens of times in their meeting, but Qui-Gon still did not want to leave his newly aquatinted Padawan.

At least he was not going to be left alone, Qui-Gon thanked the Force for small wonders. The Council had agreed to let Qui-Gon's close friend, Master Henqu, stay with Obi-Wan in their quarters. It was normally not necessarily that another Master stay with a Padawan. However, Master Henqu had been fine with the situation and it put Qui-Gon's mind at rest.

Now he only had to break the news to Obi-Wan.
    ~~~~~~
    Next part soon, just FYI, the next part will be back to present time, then more flash backs. Okay, sorry, I'm done....feedback welcomed! (Ari82@aol.com)
  16. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent set up. It is all starting to make sense, who is hurting my boy and why Qui-Gon is not around to stop it.

You are doing such a wonderful job with a very tough subject. I like a story told in flashback, but that is just MHO.

Until you post again
  17. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, that's who it usually is; a friend or relative. And Qui-Gon even thanks the Force for small mercies that his "close friend" Henqu is around to watch over Obi-Wan while he goes on this boring mission! No doubt Henqu is using Qui-Gon somehow to blackmail Obi-Wan. I can't wait until Qui-Gon finds out. Nothing's going to happen that will delay him getting back, is it?
  18. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, I see. Well, I might as well the the first to call on the sith pounding I hope Qui-Gon gives to his friend Master Henqu.

Excellent story Jedi Susie
  19. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets kill the person who is hurting Obi-Wan!

Whens is Qui-Gon going to get back and beat the s*** out of that guy?!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Erica Amidala (edited 05-11-2000).]
  20. Tenel'Ka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Poor Obi!!! Qui-Gon better bemore careful about the types of friends he makes.
    Now on to me begging: MORE PLEASE MORE!!!
  21. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Look at Obi-Wan's point of view. He probably thinks that no one will believe him. It's his word against a Jedi Master. And would Qui-Gon believe that his dear friend would so somehting like this? Now, we all know that the Masters could learn the truth if Obi-Wan told....but will Obi-Wan tell. I know that the usual response to this is no...he won't. Henqu is probably telling him that if he tells Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon would send him away. Manipulation is a favorite tool among the sick @##$!%$ that do stuff like this. What if Henqu tells him that he is tainted by the Dark Side...Obi-Wan would try to hide that to remain at his Master's side. Ok, now you've GOTTA post again and tell us what happens!

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 05-11-2000).]
  22. Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Obi Wan speaks the truth.
  23. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi, I know that this is out early, but I have state track meet tomorrow and Sat. and a HUGE English project due Sun. so this will be the last post till Mon. The next part will be about the blackmail so until then...enjoy!
    ~Susie

"Time can bring you down
    Time can bend your knees
    Time can break your heart
    Have you begging please, begging please." -TEARS IN HEAVEN

*PRESENT*

Obi-Wan felt a shiver run down his spine. Master Henqu was a close friend of Qui-Gon's; how could he not see the evil in him? Obi-Wan remembered Qui-Gon telling him about his newest mission, about how Obi-Wan was to stay via request of the Council.

'It's going to be dull and tedious. The Council would much rather you stay here and continue your lessons. You fell slightly behind because Bandomeer.' Qui-Gon smiled warmly at the young man.

'Master, I can study while on the mission with you.' Obi-Wan countered, he knew, however, it was pointless to argue. The Council and Qui-Gon had already made up their minds.

'No Obi-Wan, this is final. I shall be back within a week, until then Master Henqu will be staying with you to make sure you continue your studies.' Qui-Gon put his arm on Obi-Wan's shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

Obi-Wan remembered the first moment he saw Master Henqu. The Jedi Master was as tall as Qui-Gon with shoulder length brown hair. His eyes were a pale gray color, so light you could only see the pupil at times. Obi-Wan learned from his Master that Master Henqu had been a friend of some twenty-five years. They met right before they both were Knighted. The two friends had even gone on their first Knight mission together. Obi-Wan could sense the friendship between the two older men and knew that if Qui-Gon liked Henqu, than he probably would, also.

Obi-Wan heard a small-strangled cry escape from his mouth; he had been so wrong about Master Henqu. *Qui-Gon* had been so wrong about Master Henqu.

Obi-Wan shut his eyes tightly and finally cried himself to sleep, wondering when his Master would return.

~~~~~~

Master Henqu laid in Qui-Gon's bed, smiling to himself. He heard Obi-Wan let out a small cry. ~So, he had been causing the boy some distress. ~ Henqu felt his smile expand even further.

Henqu knew he had wanted the boy the second Master Qui-Gon had introduced him as his apprentice. He was so perfect. Henqu felt almost blessed when Qui-Gon had asked if he would stay with his Padawan while he was away on a mission; how could he say no?

No one suspected that Henqu was not merely helping out Qui-Gon. It was all so simple: use some blackmail, some Darkside, and some well-placed shields. No one would know what happened at night.

Henqu let a small chuckle surpass his lips. The blackmail had been his finest creation; the boy bought it hook, line, and sinker.

~~~~~~

So, by Mon. you'll guys will know the blackmail...sorry about kind of leaving it, but (for loss of a better excuse) I'm tired redface.gif )
    Oh and also I want to thank all of you who have sent me some feedback. I hope you guys continue to stay with me and the story.
  24. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I really like your choice of words here when you describe Henqu's point of view; the way he thinks that Obi-Wan is so 'perfect' and especially the way he feels 'blessed' when he gets the opportunity he has been lusting for. You really show us the blackness of Henqu's soul in this last post; how he smiles when he hears that one single sound that Obi-Wan makes, how he takes delight in his own evil plans and how easily everything has gone off so far. Now I can't wait to see exactly what blackmail he's using on Obi-Wan, and I'm especially looking forward to the scene where Qui-Gon discovers this, and beats Henqu to a pulp!
  25. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Henqu, bad man. Must be made to suffer. I don't think I've read a character that made me hate so quickly.
    Great job Jedi Susie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.