main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fic:The Voyage to Forget?and to Remember (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jenn-Kenobi, Aug 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Whew! What a relief that Obi-Wan's all right. But was it just a dream--or was it a vision? Keep a close eye on him, Qui-Gon! You never know what will happen next! And make sure you tell him how much he means to you, whenever you get the chance.

2. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Thank you for the replies everyone.

Sadly on a day like today, with what happened in NY and Washington...
    Just that I pray that we will all pray for the lives lost and their families.
    I pray that God will keep us safe and to our fellow Americans that are risking their lives for this nation.

:_|

3. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    This is to all who lost their lives yesterday, in the planes and in the buildings. :_|

Obi-Wan opened his eyes slowly. He first noticed the sun glaring in his eyes. Shutting his eyes from the sun, he sat up. Then he realized that he was not sick or aching all over. The padawan felt fine, with only a slight ache where his ankle was sprained. Finally Obi-Wan noticed his Master sleeping in a chair near by.

Qui-Gon was sleeping in a chair too small for his large frame. The chair had to be one of the most uncomfortable seats Obi-Wan had ever seen. Obi-Wan limped toward the refresher, his Master did not wake up. Obi-Wan wondered, /Did he stay up all night?/

Obi-Wan was hungry. But not so hungry that he would eat the food here. Obi-Wan face turned into a look of distaste. The last time he ate med center food, it had ended up in the refresher.

Obi-Wan sat back on the bed. He didn?t want to disturb his Master?s sleep, so he went into a light mediation.

He wasn?t sure how long it had been, but Obi-Wan felt that Qui-Gon had woken up.

Turning he saw his Master studying him. Qui-Gon?s face gave nothing away as usual.

?Good morning, Master.?

?Good morning, Padawan. How are you feeling??

Obi-Wan noted the light concern his Master?s tone. But he said, ?I am doing better, Master. I almost feel like my old self.?

?Good. Have you eaten??

Obi-Wan forced himself to not make a face. ?No, Master.?

?Fine. Do you want to eat in the refectory or want for a meal to be brought up??

Thinking he might have more choice of food, he said, ?The refectory.?

After they both had their meal, they come back to the room.

After Iehiy came and checked on Obi-Wan and said that the apprentice could go home, Qui-Gon said, ?Padawan, we have to talk later on.?

4. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the way that Obi-Wan was hungry, but not so hungry that he would eat infirmary food! Now I'm looking forward to a nice, mushy talk between the two.

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Hospital food.....Obi's right about that.

6. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I was deeply honored by your acknowledgement, Jenn-Kenobi, and I'm enjoying the story. It's so like Qui to shut Obi out and then regret it later. But I'm curious: how did my story inspire this? Was it just Qui being a stubborn fool?

Looking forward to the mush,
    Hannah

P.S. I also am hoping for an apology from Qui.

7. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Thanks for the FB! Sorry guys, no mush, well not for this post. :D

Obi-Wan was nervous; he didn?t know what Qui-Gon was going to say. Obi-Wan knew he had to owe his Master an apologue. Yet, he wished that his Master could get past Tahl?s death and live. And that Obi-Wan was his friend as well as his Padawan who was there to talk to if he needed to.

After the silent ride back to their guest quarters, Obi-Wan sat down and watched his Master stare out the window just as he had the night before.

Qui-Gon turned from the window and went and sat in a chair facing Obi-Wan.

Just before he started to speak, the communications unit rang out letting the two Jedi know that there was someone calling. With a long-suffering sigh, Qui-Gon went and answered it.

After Qui-Gon got done on the comm, he walked back to where Obi-Wan sat.

?That was the advisor of Dzika Ildi, they what me there to continue their negotiations for a new governor. It starts in less then a half an hour. I want you to stay here.?

?But, Master-? Obi-Wan started to protest.

?No buts. You haven?t fully recovered. I expect you to rest or meditate.? Qui-Gon ordered austerely.

Obi-Wan lowered his head in compliance and said quietly, ?Yes Master.?

?Padawan, I understand you want to be at my side at these negotiations, but I don?t want you to exhaust yourself. I don?t want to see you in the infirmary again.? Qui-Gon said gently putting his hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder.

Obi-Wan looked up at him with slight surprise. Qui-Gon was?concerned about his welfare? He knew his Master was worried about him yesterday, but Qui-Gon was never a man to show his emotions.

Qui-Gon sighed in irritation. He had wanted to talk to Obi-Wan about yesterday and apologize. But these negotiations had to take place at the worst time.

Giving his Padawan?s shoulder a squeeze, Qui-Gon left.

Obi-Wan was left to speculate what it was that had changed his Master.

8. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    More? I'll use the puppy dog eyes if that'll work.......

9. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Grrr, an interruption, just as we were getting to the mushy part! Still, that squeeze was a step in the right direction. Go, Qui, go!

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL M and Jane Jinn!

This is sooo good Jenn! So sorry for not posting sooner! :D More please?

*gives puppy dog eyes*

Don't make me get my sock over here...

11. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Warning: Mush! And this is the last part. Thank you everyone for reading this and/or posting replies.

Qui-Gon walked through the door with a tired sigh. The negotiations had taken all day. But Dzika Ildi was now the new governor. He would have to notify the Council about the success of the mission.

As he came into the living quarters he stopped. On the couch, was a sleeping Obi-Wan. The Jedi Master smiled at the sight. It wasn?t the first time his Padawan was sleeping on the couch, nor would it be the last.

Knowing Obi-Wan must have been exhausted and had fallen asleep, Qui-Gon took his dark cloak and covered the boy with it. Obi-Wan started to stitch his nose, where he braid tickled the front of it. Qui-Gon took the braid gently and ticked it behind Obi-Wan?s shoulder.

Qui-Gon left the sleeping boy and went to his room to comm Yoda.

When morning came, Qui-Gon was sitting in the chair across from the couch, looking over a data pad, when Obi-Wan awoke. Obi-Wan saw his Master, and tried to get up.

With his brain still asleep, Obi-Wan asked, ?Don?t you ever sleep more then once a week, Master??

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow and gave a hint of a smile. ?Yes, Padawan I sleep more then once week. But that is not important, you have to get ready to leave shortly.?

Obi-Wan looked confused. ?Leave?? he asked.

?Yes, Padawan, Yoda has another mission for us.?

Obi-Wan didn?t hold back is groan. ?Another mission?? his voice held a whine in it.

Qui-Gon raised his brow again. Obi-Wan blushed. ?I?I?m sorry-?, he started to stutter.

?It is all right, Padawan. You forget Yoda was my Master. I understood how you feel.?

?Master?? Obi-Wan asked in a serious voice.

Knowing there his Padawan was going with this talk, Qui-Gon set down his data pad and started his own apologue before he let Obi-Wan speak again. ?Obi-Wan, I am very sorry for want I did yesterday and for not letting help me these past months.?

?Master, I??, Obi-Wan stopped short. ?Your sorry?? he asked incredulity.

Qui-Gon sighed, he had always kept Obi-Wan at arms length, and now Obi-Wan was shocked at his apologue. Obi-Wan was staring at him like he had taken leave of his senses.

?Padawan, I haven?t been a good Master since Apsolon and even when you became my apprentice.? Obi-Wan flinched at the reminder of the unspoken time of Melida/Daan. Qui-Gon continued, ?You made mistakes and so did I. You were willing to go with me to find Xanatos and later to help me through again after Tahl?s death. I want to thank you, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan stared at him for a moment. Lowering his head he said, ?Master, I? I should be the one to say that I am sorry, for yesterday and everything that has happened. And I am sorry for all that happened yesterday.?

Silence hung in the air between the two men. Qui-Gon got up and walked over to Obi-Wan. Enveloping his Padawan in a warm embrace, he let his feelings for his apprentice, his son, go through the bond they shared. //Padawan, I love you dearly, like a son.//

Obi-Wan was speechless. He returned the embrace and felt the love Qui-Gon had through the bond. In his mind he returned, // I love you too, Master.//

They both knew that this wasn?t the end of their disagreements, but they knew that they could both overcame anything, no matter what, as master and apprentice, and as father and son. They knew too that this was a voyage that would continue as one they would never forget, but always remember.

The End

12. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    sniffle....Over so soon??!!!

WWWWAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I want more!

JediCandy

ps Great story, hope you write more of them.

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Awww that was sweet!

I'm sad it's over!

You SO have to write more Jenn! This rules! :D

14. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Awww, that was so sweet, Qui-Gon covering up Obi-Wan with his own robe, and tucking his braid away so that it wouldn't tickle his nose. And the apologies were very good, too. Sweet! Just sweet!

15. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Thank you. I was hoping the mush would go well. :D As for writing more I have some ideas, just have to write them which will take time. Thank you so much for reading, I and so touched with the posts everyone sent.

Jenn-Kenobi

16. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Can we have more stories please?

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thank you for such a great story.When there is so much sadness around us right now,it is nice to have this fan fiction board to give us a relief from that sadness when we reach our brink and say we have to turn this T.V. off just to keep our sanity.Hope you choose another JA story when you write another one.PEACE Ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.