main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fic: When the Storm Rises Up (a JA story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Aug 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I hope your friend gets better. Up!

Imzadi

(who's just joined in on the fun, well maybe not *fun*)

2. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    My best wishes and prayers are with you, your friend, and the family of the girl who died.

JediCandy

3. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I hope your friend will recover and will be surrounding by supportive friends such as yourself.

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    My prayers will be with your friend and you.

I have known for a time now what a sweet young lady you are and now I see that you have your priorities in exactly the right order! I hope all goes well!

5. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I want to thank everyone for all the kind words from myself and my friend. She is doing better and (thankfully) it was found out by the police report that she did stop and although she did not yield to the uncoming traffic there was nothing more she could do. Because of this she will not be charged with vehicular manslauter.

Because everyone was so nice, and my friend needed to sleep and I *gasp* didn't have homeowkr!, I got a chance to read over the newest post. So, here it is for ya'll!!

~~~~~~

Kat?in helped moved Obi-Wan into the bed aboard the transport. She was glad to see the boy on his way to receive help and she only prayed that the help would come in time. The Jedi Master had been beside his apprentice as the healers made him situated for the trip across the planet. However, he now left momentarily to say a goodbye to Kat?in.

He wanted to thank the young Missean for all she had done for him and his Padawan through this terrible time. She had been understanding when Qui-Gon needed time to himself to think, and she had given him caring words when he needed them. He also knew that she was worried about Obi-Wan and wanted to try and ease some of her worry.

~Better try to ease some of mine first~ The older Jedi had never been more nervous in his life than he was at the thought that the Princess?s healers were his Padawan?s only hope. Yet, he was willing to try and calm Kat?in some no matter how on edge he was.

?Kat?in.? The young lady turned around as her name was called and met the glaze of Qui-Gon. ?We are getting ready to leave.?

Although the healer had promised herself she would *not* cry no matter what, she felt tears spring to her eyes. ?I wish you and your apprentice the best.? A stray tear escaped and ran down her cheek. ?I would like you to please tell me what happens.?

Qui-Gon never felt he was a very emotional man, but in the past week he had changed. So much, that he paused for only a brief moment before pulling Kat?in into a hug. It amazed him that this person was someone whom less than two weeks ago he had not even known. Now, she was one of the few people with whom he felt comfortable expressing his feelings to.

Kat?in held the older man until he pulled back.

?I want to thank you for everything you did.? Qui-Gon looked back to the transport. ?I?m afraid I must be going. I promise I will let you know about the outcome.? The Jedi Master felt his throat constrict as he considered the fact that Obi-Wan *may* not survive his tumor.

?Everything will be fine. I know it.? The Missean healer pushed the older man towards the ship. ?Be with him and remember how important he is to you.?

Qui-Gon turned and walked up to the transport. He moved into a chair by the wall; just in reach of his Padawan as he felt the ship take off and begin to hover over the land. The older man shut his eyes; enjoy the calming motion of the ship as they lulled him almost to sleep.

Abruptly, the Master?s eyes shoot open as he received a loud warning through the Force. Pausing only to let his eyes focus, he rushed to Obi-Wan?s side trying to find why the warning had come.

He looked at his ward?s body and noticed immediately what had happened.

?I need a healer, now!? The Jedi Master?s voice screamed through the ship and he prayed a healer was rushing to Obi-Wan?s side.

Qui-Gon looked down at his Padawan as he waited a precious seconds it took the healers to reach the Master and Padawan. The older man could not believe that this was happening. Especially after they had come so close to getting Obi-Wan help.

He could not believe that his Padawan had stopped breathing and stopped fighting.

~~~~~~

Well, you had to know that a cliffhanger would present itself sometime! Oh, did I mention that I?m going away for a month tomorrow?

????

Just kidding! ^_~ **ducks the various items being thrown** I wouldn?t do that! Anyway, hope you enjoyed the post and I?ll try not to make you guys wait too long!

6. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" you can't leave us stranded like this for a MONTH!!!!

7. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkk!!! I don't care if you ARE joking Susie, we need another post and we need it soon!! Poor Obi!!!! He CAN'T give up!!! He HAS to be okay!!! Please post more!! (btw, I'm glad your friend is okay)

8. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Glad to hear your friend is okay! But you are a little Sith, you have poor Obi give up and stop breathing then tease us by telling us you will be gone for a MONTH!! Didn't I just tell everyone what a sweet girl you are!!!!!! I guess I will forgive you for teasing us, but I did let out a good long NOOOOOOOOOO (Obi would have been proud) when I read that line, only to give a big sigh of relief when you said "just kidding"! I hope you will be able to post soon, because Obi has to survive.... he just has to!

9. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Just upping this so it doesn't fall to page 20 ^_^

10. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Okay, hope the wait wasn't too long. Here's the next posty. ENJOY!! (Hey, I still love FB ^_^)
    ~~~~~~

?Help!? The older Jedi screamed his plea before turning all his focus back to the young Jedi. Reacting out of instinct he began to apply C.P.R, in order to restore life back to Obi-Wan. He was dimly aware that healers had poured into the room until they had pulled him off his Padawan. He stood against the wall with his hands clasped against his mouth as people rushed all around his apprentice.

He barely heard them calling out different warnings as he focused completely on the young boy?s face. It was peaceful and tranquil. His face showed no notice of the vicious struggle for life that was happening inside of him.

?He?s in arrest!?

?Charging 300.?

?Clear!?

?Nothing.?

?Charge 350.?

?Clear!?

?We?ve got a pulse.?

The last statement was the one that caught Qui-Gon?s attention. His Padawan was back and breathing again. He released the air which he had not been aware he was holding. A young male healer moved up to the older Jedi and spoke with him.

?We lost him for a while, however, he is back with us now thankfully.? The Jedi Master was aware that there had to be a ?but? to the healer?s story.

He was not disappointed.

?But, we worry that his tumor may be so advanced that we will not be able to remove it without killing him or damage his brain beyond repair. I am sorry to give you this rather depressing news.?

The news hit Qui-Gon like a herd of banthas, but he was glad that he had been giving the truth and not false hope. The young man bowed and moved back to the other Healers to speak about the apprentice away from his Master.

Qui-Gon fell back into his chair and placed his hands in his head. He would be *so* thankful when this ordeal was over and when he and his Padawan could go on with their lives.

Somewhere in the very recess of his mind however, there was still the lingering thought of, what if his Padawan did not survive? How would life even return to normal for the Jedi Master? Qui-Gon hated to think with such negativity, but the reality was that his apprentice had a higher chance of passing away than surviving. No matter how he looked at the odds they were all stacked against him and his Padawan.

With a dejected sigh, Qui-Gon lifted his head and gazed at his resting ward. The boy still looked peaceful like he was sleeping and would awake any moment. The older Jedi could not even imagine how much joy he would get if his Padawan did just wake up like any morning. But nothing of the sort happened and Obi-Wan stayed in his coma.

~~~~~~

The transport came to a halt and the Jedi Master rose with the healers as they moved Obi-Wan off the ship. He, must to his distaste, followed behind everyone and was unable to be next to his apprentice, due to the number of healers who had joined from the palace.

Off in the crowd, Qui-Gon caught sight of the Princess and, once she saw him, she moved towards him.

?He is in good hands now, Master Jinn. My healers will do all they can to help him.?

The older man nodded. ?May I see him briefly before he leaves for his treatment??

Telian smiled. ?Of course. Followed me.? Princess Telian lead the Jedi Master to the healers and Obi-Wan.

?Master Jinn would like a moment alone with his apprentice.?

No questions were asked and the healers moved out of hearing distance in respect for the Jedi. Qui-Gon clasped his Padawan?s hand in the same fashion he had for over a week. The older man bent down close to Obi-Wan?s face and spoke gently.

?I hope that you can hear me, and understand what I am saying to you. I wish that this never happen and that I could change everything, but I can?t. I can?t do anything, but sit hear as you slowly fad away from me. Do you know how helpless this makes me feel? I feel like I?m losing my better half. You were always my inspiration to wake up and to get on with my day.? The Jedi Master felt a tear run down his face.

?I know I may not have always sho

11. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    That is an excellent post! I can relate to Qui-Gon. When my husband was going through his cancer treatment (autologous bone marrow transplant), I did pretty much the same thing as Qui-Gon. After what seemed like an eternity, I made my way back to the Winn-Dixie Hope House and collapsed into bed, completely dead to the world.

May Qui-Gon have as good an ending to his ordeal as I had to mine. In one more month, my husband will have his 5th birthday (counted from the actual transplant) and will be officially considered cancer-free!!!

JediCandy

12. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I'm so happy to hear about you husband recovery from cancer. It's a terrible disease and hard for the people closest to the patient to go through. My grandpa died of bladder cancer and I remember it was so awful to see him in such terrible shape.

Anyways, thanks for the FB JediCandy and once again I'm so happy to heat about your husband!! ^_^

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh, that was a wonderful post Jedi Susie!
    Your writing of Qui-Gon's pain is incredible and very realistic. His desperate request to Obi-Wan was so sad!

Beautiful writing. (That I hope we see more of real soon...hint, hint.)

14. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Tisk, this fell way to far down for my tastes. Oh, just for everyones FYI I Should have a new post up tomorrow or tonight. Thxs!~

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Good to hear!

16. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Jedi Candy, I'm very glad to hear of your husband's recovery as well!! :D :D

Susie, that was such a touching post!! I had tears in my eyes when Qui-Gon was talking to Obi-Wan about how much he meant to him!!! Please post more soon!!

17. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Here?s the newest post for everyone. Hope you enjoy and please remember?Feedback = good ^_^

~~~~~~

Qui-Gon was having a wonderful dream about the sparring tournament last year when his Padawan had won in his age group. He had just walked up to his apprentice after the event to congratulate him when he heard his name being called. In his dream he glanced around trying to find whom it was calling him, until his subconscious kicked in and brought him out of his dream. The person stood over the Jedi Master as he opened his eyes.

?Master Qui-Gon?? The older man blinked his eyes to get moisture in them and finally focused on the person above him. The young male healer, whom he had spoken to when Obi-Wan had gone into arrest, was standing next to the Jedi?s bed waiting for him to acknowledge him.

?Yes?? The question came out in a cracked, horsed and impatience voice. However, Qui-Gon did not even try apologizing for his behavior. He was awakened out of a wonderful memory of his once very active apprentice.

?My name is Healer Nejji and I was the one who worked on Obi-Wan Kenobi.? The mention of his Padawan brought the Jedi Master to complete awareness and he sat up to meet the healer?s eyes.

?Do you have any news?? Qui-Gon mentally tried to calm his nerves as he waited for Nejji to speak. Ever since the young boy had fallen ill and he found out about the tumor, the older man had seen different possibilities played out in his mind. He had seen the wonderful outcome where a healer tells him his apprentice would be fine in a few days. He had also seen the horrendous outcome where someone tells him his Padawan had died.

Now, the pinnacle moment was upon him, and the Jedi Master could not keep the sick feeling from rising in his stomach.

?I do have news on your apprentice. When Padawan Kenobi came to use his tumor was in stage seven. How the stages work are a stage one to three turmor is easily removed and leave no real damage. A tumor in the stages four through six is roughly an inch wide and when removed it can cause more damage, such as memory loss, inability to properly communicating and other basic skills. Now, a tumor in the stages seven through nine are almost three inches wide and the chances of effecting basic skills in one in five. The chances of surviving one of these tumors is one in ten. A tumor is stage ten is automatically deadly.

?As you can see, your apprentice?s tumor was in a very dangerous stage. We did remove it, however, we fear that Obi-Wan may never recover properly. I am sorry to be so blunt with such a sensitive subject, but I don?t want to get you hopes up. Padawan Kenobi?s tumor was located in the right lobe of his brain, I am not certain how much you know of anatomy, but the right side is what controls your more natural functions. Such as logic, reading, speaking etc. The left side would be more artistic elements. Because of the location we are concerned about the damage that has been done to his brain and what he will be able to do if he wakes up.?

Up until that point, Qui-Gon had remind in silence, taking in all the news the healer was giving him. However, once he heard the word *if*; his silence could no longer be kept.

?What do you mean *if* he wakes up? There?s a chance that my Padawan will always be in a coma?? The older man did not bother to try and keep his voice from cracking.

Nejji began to educate the older Jedi once again. ?As I said earlier, there is a one in ten chance of surviving the tumor at a stage seven level. Thus, the chances of him waking up are not very high. Even more disturbing is the fact that even if he wakes up the chance of him being back to normal is even lower. He may always have the intelligence of a ten year old, or he may never be able to speak or even walk.?

Qui-Gon felt the room around him begin to spin. How could his apprentice *not* be okay? He had struggled for so long back with the Missean and now, once he had the medical attention he needed, he *should* be okay. The older man realized he w

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    "Road to Recovery" ?

That's good, right? That means Obi-Wan is going to get better, RIGHT??!!!!

More please soon, Susie!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sort of boring???

Most definitely not! The sequence of the dream where he hears the healer's voice was superb and my heart went out to Qui-Gon as Healer Nejji explained the possibilities.

Exceptional posts Susie!!!

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Sort of boring, are you nuts Susie????? I like the sound of "the road to recovery", I can't wait!!

21. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    I too like the sound of "the road to recovery" but. . .
    most roads have either detours or potholes (aka major angst) will this have a few *we shall see I guess*

22. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Okay first off thank you so much for the FB from everyone!! It means a lot to me!

Second, the "road to recovery" may *cough cough* have a few 'pot holes' as Artic Wolf put it <EG>

And finally, I am never driving again in Arizona! Everyone here is crazy. Yesterday my friend, Sarah, was in a car accident which shattered her foot and now she's in the hosiptal (where I was for the last 10 hours) sleeping after surgery to get six metal pins and two metal rods put in her foot. I swear this is CRAZY how awful driving has gotten. Two friends in an accident in less than 2 weeks!!

Anyways, there my be a delay in the next post because of this...sorry, but until people learn how to drive there's nothing i can do! (That sounded really mean, but I'm just a wee bit tired right now) ^_^

23. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Um, where in Arizona? Surely not Glendale though I believe there are tons of reckless drivers in Tempe...

24. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your friend and I hope she's feeling better. Are you driving around Phoenix? It can be pretty crazy up there. I actually find driving in AZ to be pretty relaxing from where I learned to drive. (Boston... shudder) Of course, where I live there's not much to hit besides the occaisional road runner or rattler.

abc
    (have I mentioned yet how much I am enjoying your story?)

25. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    **nope no new post...sorry**

I drive in Scottsdale/Fountain Hills...it's not so bad but once you hit Shea (for those of you who know AZ streets) it's crazy. People go like 75 when it's only 50...I swear I nearly have a heartattack everytime i drive there because we also have HUGE construction happening!

Thank you for the kind word about my friend...she's doing okay and will be fine.

Oh, hopefully new post tonight ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.