main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fidelis: Sorry (K/J) -- Chapter 9 up 16 May! (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    if ya find some will ya pass it around??? sits down with some pillows and waits for more story!

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *sets out a bowl of popcorn, a bowl of Skittles, and some sodas*

Elfsheen - Awww, I'm glad he's okay. That was sweet!

Thanks. :) But, really, it wasn't like I was going to kill him!

AvenKiel - Oh,good story!! Where's my popcorn?

Thank you. Popcorn's over on the table. :D

hollynkesten - if ya find some will ya pass it around??? sits down with some pillows and waits for more story!

I'm working on chapter seven right now . . . it should be finished by this evening.

Dana

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    This is probably the longest chapter so far.

[b]--Chapter Seven--[/b]

[i]But I would not sleep
    In this bed of lies
    So toss me out and turn in
    And there'll be no rest
    For these tired eyes
    I'm marking it down to learning
    I'm marking it down to learning

-- Matchbox Twenty, "Bed Of Lies"[/i]

She was avoiding him again.

Kyp was getting tired of this game. He'd thought that she hated him, but the look in her eyes yesterday, in the classroom, had told him otherwise.

He knew he'd hurt her. He just didn't know how to make amends. He never really knew how to fix things, because he'd never really managed to . . . he just blundered on ahead. Usually, he managed to mess things up without even trying.

He loved Jaina. He'd loved her for as long as he could remember. At least since she was sixteen and he'd realised that the little girl he'd known was all grown up.

Kyp had the feeling, watching Jaina interacting with his son, that she was being more of a mother to the boy than Elsha ever had. In the last two years he'd been with Elsha, his wife had hardly ever been there. She'd been busy with her career . . . and with her affair, he now knew. Kyp had done more to raise Jailyn than Elsha had, so it wasn't surprising that Jailyn had instantly taken to the woman who looked after him every day.

The other parents had come to retrieve their children already; Kyp had been running late, in a meeting with Luke, so when he arrived at the classroom, it was just Jaina and Jailyn, sitting at one of the short tables, colouring a picture. Neither saw him standing just inside the door.

"Daddy's sad," Jailyn was saying.

"Is he?" Jaina asked. "Why is he sad?"

The little boy shrugged. "Mommy's not here," he said.

Jaina paused for a moment, then handed him a purple colour stick. "Do you miss your mommy?"

Kyp held his breath. After a moment, his son shrugged.

"Don't know," Jailyn said.

"I understand your mommy was gone a lot," Jaina said.

"Yeah. A lot. Made Daddy sad." The little boy looked up at her. "Daddy likes you."

Jaina's face turned pink. "Well, I like your Daddy, too."

The child was quiet for a moment, concentrating on drawing little purple triangles on his paper. "Would you be my Mommy?"

Her heart breaking, Jaina pulled the little boy onto her lap. He immediately wrapped his small arms around her neck. "Jai . . . I would love to be your Mommy. But I'd have to marry your Daddy to do that, and . . . we don't get along that well."

"Why not?" Jailyn wanted to know.

She thought for a long moment on what to say, how to say it so that he'd understand, but wouldn't be frightened.

"Your Daddy and I have known each other a long time, since before you were born. Actually, we've known each other since I was your age."

Jailyn was obviously skeptical. He pulled back and eyed Jaina suspiciously. The expression was so like his father that it made Jaina smile.

That smile stole Kyp's breath away.

"You mad at Daddy?"

She hesitated, not sure how to answer his question. "No, I'm not mad at your daddy. Your daddy and I are friends. But sometimes, there are things that keep people as just friends, and not as mommies and daddies to little kids."

"Like what?"

Force, he was a curious thing!

Kyp stepped forward, drawing Jaina's gaze. She wondered how long he'd been standing there.

"Jai, come here," he said quietly.

Obediently, Jailyn went to his father. Setting him on his knee, Kyp said, "Jailyn, do you remember what I told you back on Denon? When we left Mommy? I said that sometimes, Mommies and Daddies can't stay together. She's still your Mommy, and I'm still your Daddy, but we aren't going to live together again. We're not married anymore. But I can't marry anyone else just yet. People have to get permission to do that, and I don't have permission."

"Then get it!" Jailyn said decisively.

Jaina pressed her hand to her mouth, fighting a laugh.

Kyp's eyes lifted to meet hers. "I would, but sometimes these things take a while. And you can't make things go fas

4. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I knew you were going to bring him here! I just knew! What a mess...

Well, I hope Kyp will beat him into a bloody pulp. The nerve of this man, really!

A.

5. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hehe, wow! That was a plot twist I didn't see coming. Can't wait to see what happens!!

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ars_longa - I knew you were going to bring him here! I just knew! What a mess...

Mwahahaha!

Well, I hope Kyp will beat him into a bloody pulp. The nerve of this man, really!

Oh, it's going to get reeeaaalllyy interesting. [face_devil]

Connemara - Hehe, wow! That was a plot twist I didn't see coming. Can't wait to see what happens!!

Well, it's gonna be interesting. It's occured to me that I've never had Kyp hit Jag in any of my works . . .

Dana

7. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Oh how very evil of you, Dana...how very evil [face_devil]

~Abby~

8. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Bong...I didn't see that twist coming.

It was going along just well, then you had to bring him and her back ;)

9. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    The scenes with Jaina and Jailyn were just so sweet! Kids can be so cute. I hope that Kyp beats the crap out of Jag! LOL! Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

10. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Drama!! *munch munch*

11. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    oh oh oh! All the players on one chessboard! Excellent, Dana!

[face_devil] Oh, and I hope some confrontation happens and Jailyn runs to Jaina and not Elsha, and Elsha goes crazy and Jag has to be the stable guy and calm her down, and I'll shut up now.

But this is seriously a great story, Dana!

-Saber

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Abby - Oh how very evil of you, Dana...how very evil

To quote Spike, "Don't look so shocked and disappointed. I'm EVIL!"

Elfsheen - Bong...I didn't see that twist coming.

You weren't supposed to. [face_devil] If I'd wanted you to see it, I would have mentioned a ship was coming in as Kyp was going to find Jaina, or something.

It was going along just well, then you had to bring him and her back

Well, it's kind o necessary to what happens in chapter eight . . .

Babi_Tahiri - The scenes with Jaina and Jailyn were just so sweet! Kids can be so cute. I hope that Kyp beats the crap out of Jag! LOL! Can't wait for more!

Thanks. :) And I can't wait for that, either! ;)

AvenKiel - Drama!! *munch munch*

Yes, drama! What, like I'm going to write something DULL? [face_laugh]

SaberBlade - oh oh oh! All the players on one chessboard! Excellent, Dana!

That was exactly the point. :)

Oh, and I hope some confrontation happens and Jailyn runs to Jaina and not Elsha, and Elsha goes crazy and Jag has to be the stable guy and calm her down, and I'll shut up now.

Hmm. We'll see. [face_devil]

But this is seriously a great story, Dana!

Thank you. :) And I hope you're surviving finals. I gave you a bowl of chocolate Kyppies, don't know if you noticed . . .

Dana

13. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    EVIL.

I like coming here after so long with no TFN, lots of good K/J-ness to read.
    EXCEPT WHEN I GET TO THE END.
    Very good, brilliant, yay! And can't wait for the next part...

14. SaberBlade

Sep 19, 2001
    I did notice the chocolate Kyppies, and they were quite yummy, thank you. ::heads over to the Skittles and popcorn:: I'm taking a break and being attacked by plot bunnies. Rather nice, all in all, but I'm trying to get a post up in Miracle and instead I'm getting all these random bunnies for other things...

::sigh, munches skittles:: Oh well. Yay for the K/Jness.

-Saber

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - ) -- Chapter 7 up 13 May!
    EVIL.

Yes. :D

I like coming here after so long with no TFN, lots of good K/J-ness to read.
    EXCEPT WHEN I GET TO THE END.
    Very good, brilliant, yay! And can't wait for the next part...

Thanks. :) I was wondering when you were going to stop by. :)

SaberBlade - I did notice the chocolate Kyppies, and they were quite yummy, thank you. ::heads over to the Skittles and popcorn:: I'm taking a break and being attacked by plot bunnies. Rather nice, all in all, but I'm trying to get a post up in Miracle and instead I'm getting all these random bunnies for other things...

I know EXACTLY how that is. I mean, I have a handful of multi-post stories . . . and 31 vignettes! [face_laugh]

::sigh, munches skittles:: Oh well. Yay for the K/Jness.

No problem. :)

Dana

16. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Can I have some chocolate Kyppies, too???

They might help me get over this sudden bout of writer's block :D

And Saber...so very glad for your plot bunnies, but about Miracle.... ;)

~Abby~

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Abby - Can I have some chocolate Kyppies, too???

Sure, here you go.

They might help me get over this sudden bout of writer's block

Or just at least provide some entertainment. :D

And Saber...so very glad for your plot bunnies, but about Miracle....

While I understand completely what finals do to people . . . yes, about Miracle . . . ? ;)

Dana

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    One more chapter after this!

[b]--Chapter Eight--[/b]

[i]I am
    All that I'll ever be
    When you lay your hands over me
    Don't go weak on me, please
    I know that it's weak
    But, God help me, I need this

-- Matchbox Twenty, "Bed Of Lies"[/i]

Kyp was far from thrilled to see his soon-to-be-ex-wife, or her lover, but it didn't instill him with any particular fear. Jaina, on the other hand, was rigid, pale, her breathing shallow. Kyp could practically see the rapid pulse in her throat.

She'd never told him any specifics of her three year marriage to Fel. She'd made references to mistresses, or his not allowing her to visit her family. He thought she might have blocked some of it, because she didn't want to remember.

But the primal terror in her was more than what Kyp assumed could be produced by a cold marriage. [i]Something[/i] had happened in those three years that the sight of Fel brought back.

Looked like it was time for him to start earning her trust.

He touched her hand lightly, then moved to take his place between her and Jag . . . where he'd always been. Or should have. He should never have let her go to Csilla.

Jag, who had been moving forward, drew up short when Kyp stepped forward, blocking his path to Jaina. His pale green eyes narrowed.

For several moments, no one spoke. Jaina was trying not to cower behind Kyp, but the thought of seeing Jag, facing him, made her blood run cold. She wasn't too fond of the thought of speaking to Elsha, either. She couldn't understand why the two of them were here together. What was going on?

"Durron," Jag said, voice barely civil.

"Fel." Kyp matched his tone exactly.

Elsha flinched at the steel in Kyp's eyes. She drew closer to Jag, though she had a feeling that if anything were to come to blows . . . Kyp Durron would win hands down. She hadn't come out of their four years together without learning how powerful her exhusband was.

"I've come to see Jailyn," she said, speaking up after an eternity of tense silence.

"He's asleep," Kyp ground out.

"Are you sure?" she asked, gathering up enough courage to step forward. "I seem to recall he liked to stay up all night."

"He's asleep," Kyp said firmly. A dangerous glint was in his eye. "I can sense him just fine."

Elsha swallowed visibly.

"Let her see her son," Fel said.

"I'd have to take her to him," Kyp answered.

Jaina's fingers tightened in the back of Kyp's tunic. "Don't leave me alone with him!" she said, just low enough that only he could hear. She was filled with panic at the thought.

Kyp did some quick thinking. He didn't want Fel anywhere near Jaina any more than she did. Elsha probably didn't want that, either. The only safe thing to do was to send Jaina back into the ship.

"Jay, go back into the ship. Fel, Elsha, if you'll follow me . . .?" His tone allowed for no refusal.

Jaina dashed back into the ship and closed the ramp. The brief beep that signalled the lock sounded. Kyp relaxed only fractionally.

He lead the pair out of the hangar and into the academy. He was not happy at their presence, but he wasn't about to keep Jailyn from his mother.

Elsha handed him a datapad. "These are the forms. You're supposed to look them over and sign them."

"What do you get?" he asked quietly.

She paused, then said, "The apartment on Denon and all the furnishings. The 'Serenity'. Visitation with Jailyn. Also, seventy-five percent of the credits in our account." Elsha sounded as if she expected him to protest, so she was defensive. Well, she probably would have deserved all the money . . . if she hadn't been unfaithful, as well.

"Fine." Kyp stopped and scrolled through the pages, then entered his identification on the last one and handed the datapad back. "Take all the credits in the account, I don't care."

"But that would leave you without anything . . ." Elsha started.

"Knowing Durron, that wasn't his only account," Jag put in.

Kyp's dark eyes flicked over to Jag. "Well, you're not entirely stupid."

He turned to his exwife. "I can suppor

19. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Yep. Bloody pulp, as ordered. :) Me happy.

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Jag goes beyond disgusting. I hate him more now than I ever had. *strangles him* someone bring in Boo (from Monsters Inc.). She likes beating up slime, and she's even pretty good at it....

*continues to rant, but cuts it out of the post so that no one has to deal with it :p*

Sorry, people who beat up their spouses really, really tick me off [face_plain]

Despite Jag, great post :) You aren't pulling any punches in getting us to hate the ex-spouses, are you? :p

~TJF

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ars_longa - Yep. Bloody pulp, as ordered. Me happy.

LOL!

Trickster_Jaina_Fel - Jag goes beyond disgusting. I hate him more now than I ever had. *strangles him* someone bring in Boo (from Monsters Inc.). She likes beating up slime, and she's even pretty good at it....

Hee hee . . . Why can I picture that? *snicker*

*continues to rant, but cuts it out of the post so that no one has to deal with it *

Hey, I don't mind. ;)

Sorry, people who beat up their spouses really, really tick me off

Yes. Same here.

Despite Jag, great post You aren't pulling any punches in getting us to hate the ex-spouses, are you?

Nope. :) I haven't liked Elsha from the moment I created her. And I needed a really, really good reason for Kyp to pound the daylights out of Jag. Plus, it was a continuation of what I set up in "What If".

Dana

22. SaberBlade

Sep 19, 2001
    Oh, I practically had it finished and the roommies drove me away. Not fair.

Excellent. I like how everyone knows that Kyp could totally take Jag if he had to. And then he does... called for in this fic, definitely.

[face_shocked] And Jaina would have had a baby? [face_shocked]

Just what was Jag murmuring to Jaina, anyways? And, pray tell, do we get to see Jailyn again?

-Saber

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Saber - Oh, I practically had it finished and the roommies drove me away. Not fair.

I don't have roommates, but I have parents. I know exactly how that is.

Excellent. I like how everyone knows that Kyp could totally take Jag if he had to. And then he does... called for in this fic, definitely.

Oh, yes. He definitely needed to have the crap beat out of him.

And Jaina would have had a baby?

Yeah. It'll be brought up in the next (and last!) chapter.

Just what was Jag murmuring to Jaina, anyways?

Dunno. Something menacing, I'm sure.

And, pray tell, do we get to see Jailyn again?

Yes, Jailyn will pop up again in the next chapter.

And there's gonna be a sequel to this, so I can finally write a full-on happy ending. I don't think I could bring it about in just one chapter, so . . .

Dana

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    First of all, hooray for sequels!

Second, wonderful post!

And again, during this, I REALLY HATE JAG, even though I like him fine most other times ;).

*finds a suitable hydrospanner and bashes him in the forehead* Bad Jag. Bad.

*pats Kyp on the shoulder* Good Kyp. Good.

~Abby~

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Abby - First of all, hooray for sequels!

:)

Second, wonderful post!

Thank you. :)

And again, during this, I REALLY HATE JAG, even though I like him fine most other times .

If you hate him, I've done my job. :D

*finds a suitable hydrospanner and bashes him in the forehead* Bad Jag. Bad.

LMAO!

*pats Kyp on the shoulder* Good Kyp. Good.

Yes, good Kyppie. :D

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.