main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIDM Costume Contest Congratulations!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    To our very own Anakin Skywalker (way to go Amy!) for taking Third Place in the FIDM Costume Contest. And the pics of Anakin, Clone Troopers, "Dead Jedi" and the execution of "Order 66" are absolutely hysterical.

Also, to our own Siri-Tachi for having one of her costume creations recognized at FIDM. Count Dooku took Second Place wearing the outfit she engineered and constructed for him. Congratulations, Barry, on your portrayal of the Count, and to Josie for having her remarkable sewing ability recognized at such a high level!
    =D=

Sid and Mrs. Sid were not able to make it on that day due to *cough* *cough* other obligations. And Siri and I were still dealing with Mom's illness. However, it was nice to see that at least one of our members had not only one but two pieces of her work displayed. And the fact that one of those costumes placed was even nicer.
    =D=

Congratulations again to all!

From the Rest of the Council and the Members of the Santa Cruz FanForce

2. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Way to go!!!!!

Having seen Josie's work up close and personal several times I'm so glad that her costumes placed so high in the contest!

Keep up the great work Siri!!!

3. AniSkywalker06

AniSkywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Why thank you, Master Kenobi. It was soo much fun. And we missed you. But... next time something is going on like this... you mustI repeat must come down for it! We miss you too much. But thanks for the congrats!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ah, so YOU'RE Amy. ;) Congrats on winning!

~That green Jedi who was at FIDM. ;)

5. AniSkywalker06

AniSkywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    HEY!! A familiar face! So Kenobi was right to let me join. *waves* Hello. Hope to talk to you soon.

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Youngling,

There are many more that you will recognize on your journey! :)

(and a quite a few are just as crazy as we are!) :D

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/Galleries/FIDM-12-4-05/images/IMG_5758.JPG]

Uh huh... SURE she's innocent!

FIDM Fan Day #2 pictures

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    "I've ..I've got to stop... I can't watch anymore.. Master Yoda..Why"?

(on the other hand.. I just laugh everytime I see that!)[face_laugh]

9. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    What I love about this picture is the fact that, on the lower right, one young Jedi has her eyes open and peeking to the right. Clearly, she's a clever one and is going to sneak away as soon as the Clone Troopers are satisfied they've offed the whole set. *grin*

And many congrats to the costume winners/placers/talented folk!

- Kai

10. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Now, my young apprentice, use the force to stack them up like cord wood so we can light them up like soft peat and warm our hands by the fire of your victory.

Ahhh, memories of Qui Gon roasting on an open fire, Yoda and Windu right near by, not a clue of their coming doom, sigh.

:cue Barbara singing "Memories":

I get all misty eyed about those days.

S'mores?

*hides the promotional signs for Ani's BBQ Ribs and Hot Wings under his robe*

This? Ah, nothing to see.. move along, move along.

11. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *stifling laughter in the office*

Sid, you are too much! When you said "Qui Gon roasting on an open fire"...I started hearing the Christmas song (aka Chestnuts roasting) in my head....I think I hear a song parody in the making.

Mi, where are you? I thought I saw you dead towards the back...but now I don't see you. Were you taking the pic?
    Anakin, you have this great look on your face like "Well, that was fun! They remind me of those Tuskens on Tattooine. What's next on our to-do list, troopers?"

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Choking with laughter....can't breath...Sid's fault...gasp..gasp...!*

Hey....you actually ARE choking me, Sid! Put me down!

:D

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sadly, I didn't make it in time for the picture. I was upstairs taking pictures of the deleted scene Padme Senate dress that was hidden away from the exhibit. :p

14. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Working on the next lines...

MSE droids nipping at your toes?
    CPO whining about his woes?
    Darth Maul can't seem to find his toes?
    Punching Jar Jar in his big fat nose?

*plays a chord*

I'll get back to you...

15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow, nice pictures! And congrats to everyone!

16. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    All those pics of dead Jedi. :p Priceless.

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You know, all this... enthusiasm over dead Jedi is starting to make me just a tad bit nervous. *carefully starts to saunter away, casual-like*

18. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    It was really cool -- the winners were selected by the fans in attendance. I don't know who that Padme was, but her costume was fantastic up close.

I also went to the closing party on the evening of the 10th -- even better food than the press/alumni gala, but cash bar this time (boo!). They even let us sneak a few more flash photos here and there. Very smallcrowd, allowed for one final really intimate turn thruogh the gallery. And more sitting in the Xwing with great photo-ops.

The Parrot[

quote=Master--Kenobi]To our very own Anakin Skywalker (way to go Amy!) for taking Third Place in the FIDM Costume Contest. And the pics of Anakin, Clone Troopers, "Dead Jedi" and the execution of "Order 66" are absolutely hysterical.

Also, to our own Siri-Tachi for having one of her costume creations recognized at FIDM. Count Dooku took Second Place wearing the outfit she engineered and constructed for him. Congratulations, Barry, on your portrayal of the Count, and to Josie for having her remarkable sewing ability recognized at such a high level!
    =D=

Sid and Mrs. Sid were not able to make it on that day due to *cough* *cough* other obligations. And Siri and I were still dealing with Mom's illness. However, it was nice to see that at least one of our members had not only one but two pieces of her work displayed. And the fact that one of those costumes placed was even nicer.
    =D=

Congratulations again to all!

From the Rest of the Council and the Members of the Santa Cruz FanForce

[/quote]

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I were also invited to the final day party, but Mom's health prevented us from going. I can't believe we didn't hook up AGAIN, mrcottonsparrot!.. Ok. so do you reallly exist or are you a figment of some ghostwriting forum thread writer? [face_laugh] (Inquiring minds want a face to go with the name) LOL

Anyways, until the next event....

MTFBWY!!

20. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    And my less than clever addition to this thread is simply:

Congratulations, all of you! :)

- Kai

21. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Hi, I saw that you somehow forgot to post your congrats to Barry and those guys over on the Tulare board, so i just copied your message over there, since they seem to be more active over there. Take care and have great a great holiday season (and birthday apparently)

Oh, yes, I definitely AM a real person...no figment, I.

The Parrot

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Parrot,

Thanks for the Birthday Congrats..and the Happy Holidays! Hope your are just as good.

(Ok..so I STILL want to put a face to a name!) LOL

:D

23. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004

24. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Hmm. Weird, thought it was a costume competition not a prop contest. But since I didn't go, I didn't know, thanks

And Amy, that was SUCH a killer photo op, how did you get all those Jedi to lie at your feet...

Darth Sidious: "You have been well trained, my young apprentice. They will be no match for you." Phantom Menace, 1999

Or is this a talent that we REALLY don't need to know about *shifty*

Those poor young men are never going to know what hit them, are they?

25. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Well, yeah, it was...they awarded prizes for best adult costume, best prop which Barry won (and there were LOTS of people with props!), and best youth costume, which Amy won. Adult costume won the deluxe edition of the book, and the other two won the regular edition.

The monkey-pile of dead Jedi was a Stone Soup kind of thing, like most SW fannish things are -- some people started goofing around, then more people got into it, and finally everybody dressed as any kind of Jedi did it, and then people were yelling at Amy to go get on top of it. Very cool and imaginative.

The Parrot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.