main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA FIDM Exhibit - Dressing A Galaxy

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I guess 2 pm would be a good time for another block, to allow for lunch. Kathy, don't worry. Your ticket says "Kathy S". Robert already printed out the tickets. Should I go ahead and buy 2 pm also? One more month! :D

2. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Soooo, not to be the squeaky wheel hahaha... will either of you who plan on driving (Matt and Robert?) be coming back late Monday night, instead of Tuesday afternoon?

If not, is there anyone else interested in carpooling who would want to come back Monday night (like I said, way late is fine... I just need to be back by Tuesday morning)

Gas prices vs. airline ticket wise... it'd be a wash for me to fly or drive if I'm going alone... so if the carpool thing won't work, I'll need to book a ticket soon.

Also, is the plan still to go down Sat?

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    The plan was to drive back lat Monday anyway. Most likely after the evening commute.

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I guess 2 is fine. We can wander out around 12:30 and probably just go across the street to Del Taco or the Subway that is supposedly in a gas station. I hear the Cafe service at FIDM is too slow, and I dread to think how slow it will be with people there for the exhibit.

So are you getting 8 tickets (maybe a 9th for Adyn) or should we all go online and buy and print our own?

- Kay Dee

5. Adyn

Jun 25, 2002
    Great!! I'd much rather carpool and have the trip be half the fun :D

Wait... am I a maybe? [face_laugh] I was on the original 8 list LOL. And I am most definatly going! The only variable left for me was carpool vs. flight.

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes, Adyn is one of the eight members of the SFFF "fellowship". ;) Something came up, and I won't be able to get the other 8 tix for 2 pm, unless someone wants to go ahead and do that. We can meet sometime to discuss travel plans, and pay each other back. Maybe if we're all doing something Labor Day weekend. If not, the week before we leave. Anyone have PayPal?

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Something came up and yes, I can't get the other 8 tixs either. We at least have the first batch.

The Falcon was acting up and I had to take it into Cloud City for service. Damn Ugnaughts are expensive.

8. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Hey, I always thought since so many members of this club both dig SW and LOTR, we might as well also refer to ourselves as - "The Fellowship of The Force"! [face_thinking]

9. Adyn

Jun 25, 2002
    Is that time slot still available? If so, I can get the tix if everyone just wants to pay back at that point? Or however all that works out LOL with room & gas etc...

Lemme know, I'm happy to pitch in!

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry I got you mixed up with the maybes from earlier Adyn. :(

I purchased 8 tickets for 2:00pm. I'd rather just get 5 bucks from each of you when I see you. Paypal takes too big of a cut out of payment sent to me that way.

I won't be able to meet with you guys on Labor Day weekend. The weekend after that I have tentative plans to visit friends in LA.

I do have an additional 'paranoid' thought. Maybe we should print out 2 sets of tickets. Perhaps most of us can get our own tickets from Matt to bring along before we leave the Bay Area, and then someone can bring an extra set on the trip just in case someone forgets theirs?

- Kay Dee

11. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    You sooo rock Kat! :cool: Do you think you could forward us all the 2nd show set of tix via e-mail? If not I suggest you save it on your e-mail account, so then we have the option to reprint them in LA if need be.

12. Adyn

Jun 25, 2002
    Awesome!! Thanks, Kathy!!! You rock!

And no worries on my "status" hehhe... I just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow confuse myself off the list hahaha.

I am SO looking forward to this!!!!!

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Dale - I was going to save the tickets and e-mail them to all of you but they had it set up so I couldn't do that.

Here's what I can do (and I guess Matt should do too). They have you put a code in for your purchase. I will write it down and stick it in my wallet. That code allows people to go back onto their website and reprint lost tickets.

Still, I printed up 2 sets of the tickets just in case. If I can't see you guys before we leave for LA just PM me and I'm happy to mail the hard copy out to each of you.

- Kay Dee

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I checked website, and it looks like we're the only ones who have bought tickets so far. That's fine with me. More time with the costumes for ourselves! *insert evil laugh here*

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I got my tickets for 2pm! :D

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Cool! We can meet up with you in line :)

Yeah, I'm surprised they have not sold more tickets [i]yet[/i]. I was surprised back when the week of the 12th was open that virtually zero tickets were sold (well, maybe two or three). Perhaps it won't be advertised in LA papers until closer to opening week? Have they really hyped this up on the SW.com web site yet? That could be the problem. Also, a lot of the people in the costuming forum [i]want[/i] to go but can't really fly out the first week - or can't really afford to go at all.

I'm still wondering if something special is going to be done with tickets for the opening the week of the 12th. All promos still say it opens the 12th and it's driving me crazy! LOL!

- Kay Dee

17. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Are we leaving on Saturday? It would be best if I left Saturday, I'd miss another day of school if I left Friday, which probably wouldn't be good.

18. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yes we will be leaving on Saturday.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I know I posted this before, but for those of us going, do you want to meet, say on the 10th to discuss logistics, driving plans, etc.? I'm availabale at 11 am, then I have a birthday party to go to after 12 pm.

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Here's my devious plan. The SF Browncoats meet at Cafe Murano near Japantown that day on the 10th. Their meeting doesn't start until noon so we can meet there, and anybody who wants to stay for teh Browncoats meeting can stay. One of the Browncoats owns the cafe so there is no problem with us being there. They will be discussing plans for the Serenity premier I'm sure.

It's looking like Sunday may be the best time to see King Tut. Tixs are $30. That may seem like a lot but it's cheaper than going to see it at the Cairo Museum:D. www.kingtut.org

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's a nice article about the book and exhibit:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/12465913.htm

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    So it looks like the delay is due to a last minute runway show of Star Wars costumes in new York!

"...runway presentation at New York's Fashion Week in September"

Wow, I'd imagine it will be a push to get the costumes back and set up on the dress forms again. We'll have to look out for clips on TV! It's probably a really good way for them to promote the exhibit and books too.

I may be out of town on the 10th. So if I miss your meeting I suppose someone can e-mail me with details on meet-up times at the Hotel on Saturday, and what the plans are.

Let me know if we are going to kind tut on Sunday, or if different people are doing different things. I guess I just need to know in time to get a ticket for Tut if that's what everyone is gonna do. (How much is tut btw?)

- Kay Dee

23. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    10th works for me. Just let me know exactly where to meet.
    Also, there was a brief mention of the exhibit in the AAA magazine. It says it opens on the 12th (must have printed before it was changed). It also says it's free.

24. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, the article Matt gave a link to also said it was tickets were 'free' but there would be a 5 dollar handling fee. A little misleading. Why not just say it's $5.00?

I guess the guy who posted here earlier saying he had a ticket for the 12th better contact FIDM if they haven't already contacted him. Late opening since some of the costumes will be on a runway in New York. At least Starwars.com finally updated the info! It's about time ;)

- Kay Dee

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I'm that guy... Hi! I'm Matt, your RSA.
    I was sent an email by the ticket company, and I was able to reschedule my time slot to the 19th. I can't wait to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.