San Fran, CA FIDM Exhibit - Dressing A Galaxy

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys, I told Robert already but I'm actually not going to be able to make the meeting on the 10th. My boss told me today that we have a class i need to take for work that day from 9am-1:30pm. You guys can always fill me in afterward. I am willing to drive my car if it turns out that it's needed.
  2. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
  3. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, I haven't posted in here for a while. Been losing track of what's going on with this whole thing cause it initially confused me. I would be down to meet at Cafe Murano and discuss the trip in detail.
    Also, Robert, I think I'd like to stick around for the Browncoats meeting to see what it's all about. [face_cowboy]
  4. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Disregard my previous post ^. My bad, since it was posted a few pages ago already.

Since we have roughly 2 weeks until this actually happens, we have to finalize 2 very
    important details:
    Who is going to King Tut, so we could purchase the tix by the end of the week?
    And is anyone still interested in going to DisneyLand, or can we all settle for just chillin' at DisneyWalk?

We don't have to do these events together, with the exception of FIDM, so we could split the group between going to those attractions. ;)
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am most definitely going to King Tut on Sunday.

I remember it from 26 years ago and ever since then I've been interested in ancient Egyptian history.

All morning tickets have already sold out at $30 each with a $3.75 handling charge. When I checked this morning tickets for 4:00 PM and after were still avaialable. Normally the Museum would close at 7:00 PM on Sundays but they have extended general hours for tha weekend and have tickets available for entry as late as 9:00 PM. The Museum closes at 10:00. Tickets ARE available late Saturday, starting at 7:00 PM.

If this sells out, VIP tickets are sold at $75 each. That is a price I am willing to pay, but that is me.:D

So whoever is going we need to know now and agree on a time.

Disneyland would be nice, but it's not something I'm interested in right now.
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Saturday at 7 pm sounds alright. Will we be able to see everything in time? How far is it from the hotel?
  7. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Admittance at 7 PM with the museum closing at 10:15 -- possibly. The LA County Museum of Art is located at 5905 Wilshire Blvd. It's an hour drive. It's 44 miles.

FIDM is about a 40 minute drive. for 30 miles.
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm totally up for Disneyland, but I know there are some people who aren't going to be able to go.

Harlock, on Monday morning the drive from Disney area to FIDM will be will be closer to an hour if not more. Traffic down there is dreadful. Traffic on a Saturdays can be hit and miss.

I'm leaving town early am Thursday, so if I need to buy a ticket for Tut let me know the final time and decision by tonight (wed) if you can. I'll try to remember to check the bboard tonight. I'm not paying 75 dollars for VIP btw ;) . I'll probably go again with the costume and props group in October.

- Kay Dee
  9. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here are things we need to get out of the way:

Who is interested in King Tut?
    Who is interested in Disneyland?
    Who will be driving and riding with whom?

Just for the purposes of having it, I made a reservation for a Dodge Caravan at Dollar Rent a Car. We would pick it up Saturday Morning and Return it Tuesday morning. It comes out to $117.39 for the weekend. Gas. as estimated by AAA's planner, is almost $90 which is sure to be even higher by next month. But the Caravan seats 7 and we can divide the cost equally. That whould be about $32 per person. But of course, gas may end up being more than the rental wit the way things are going...:mad:

Tickets for King Tut are $30 plus an additional charge of $3.75 from ticketmaster and the cost of either printing them at home which is $2.50 for having them sent to you which is more.

Tickets for Disneyland are $56 per person. Unless we hear otherwise about discounts.

Tickets for FIDM are already taken care of, we just have to pay back whomever we owe money to.

Rooms come out to $110.74 per room for the two nights that we are there. Divide that by four, it's about $28 per person for the whole weekend.

Are we agreed on Saturday the 17th at 7:00? for Tut, though?
  10. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm in for Tut and Disneyland.
  11. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anne, I thought you didn't like Firefly? And ironies of ironies, the Browncoats have moved their meeting till the 17th of Sept as their Capt'n is still going to be in Italy until then. We could still meet though somwhere to hash out the details either that Saturday or maybe Sunday for that matter.

So does the 11th sound better for a meeting of the LA Fellowship? That would probably give us more time since Matt and Dale won't have that birthday party to attend, and Rachel can probably make it.
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I can make the 11th, although I'll probably be working at 2 pm that day.
  13. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are correct Robert, I would attend out of curiousity and because two of my friends really like it. But they, THEY, won't go. So, why do I do this for them? I DON'T REALLY KNOW. I guess it should be sort of interesting, and I promise to maybe behave myself. Well, since it's now the 17th I guess I won't be going anyway. Ho hum.
  14. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sept 11th meeting works for me although ironicly I have a birthday party to go to that afternoon but if Matt has to work that afternoon we would have to do it morning anyway. Let me know what everyone decides.
  15. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I wasn't sure if I should purchase a king tut ticket or not. I won't be online again until Tuesday. If you guys decide do get tickets can someone please get me one so I don't miss the boat? I promise to pay whomever it is back :)

OK, time to sleep for about 2 hours then get up and fly to Atlanta. Yaaaaawwwwn. I'm sleepy.

- Kay Dee
  16. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will get yours Kathy.

So is it a concensus here that we would do Tut at 7 PM on Saturday? Hopefully Disneyland on Sunday -- I'm still undecided. Unless Matt calls in his Sicilian favors and gets us discounts.

Okay details on te Tut tickets are as follows, they are indeed $30 per person plus a handling fee and however you want them delivered. However there are discounts that vyou can use...You can get $2.50 off the ticket price if you have a Ralph's card. Curious they don't ask for the number, just the promo code, and that code is AKINGRALPHS for adult tickets. Students with ID are $27 -- but Ralphs also has a code for students/seniors which makes the price $24.50 that code is SKINGRALPHS. Now, I don't know if they will be verifying these ID's and stuff especially since they send the tickets to you either physically or by email.

I still have not ordered mine yet.
  17. Adyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all!!

Crud. I can't make it to the meeting on the 10th... that's the day we are scheduled to do our all day "Childbirth Express" class. LOL

BUT I am most definately going.

* I would be interested in the tut exhibit, for sure.

* Dinsey would be fun, though rides are out for me :p

* I will need a spot in some sort of vehicle for the ride down... so if someone could save a seat for me that'd be peachy! And just tell me who's driving so I can work out how to meet up. Paying for a rental & gas is no prob, happy to pitch in.

Can't wait!!!! Sorry to have to miss the meeting, I'll be learning how to breathe during labor hahahahah.
  18. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually the meeting will be on the 11th. Since I had wanted to coincide it with a Browncoat meeting. But it turens out they changed theirs until the 17th. And it looks like there will be more people able to come on the 11th anyway.

So let's make it 12 noon on the 11th.
  19. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    OKay so after some technical difficulties with my email. I was able to print up 3 tickets this morning. So Kathy I have a ticket for you. I have mine and Rachel's.
  20. Adyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great! The 11th works for me! Are we meeting at the Presidio or the Metreon? (Sorry if I missed that elsewhere)
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's make it Metreon, since I have to work right afterwards anyway.
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, I got myself and Dale's Tut tickets. Funny, though, when I tried to buy one ticket for myself, it said that only the 6 pm tickets were available. But when I ordered two tickets, suddenly, the 7 pm shows up. Weird.
  23. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    indeed. And it allowed single ticket purchase at the Student level and full price for 7 PM.
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks so much for ordering my ticket. I'll pay you back next time I see ya. I'm still recovering from D*con and not sure if I'm going to go to LA this weekend as I had originally planned. If I flake on visiting my friend in LA then I'll come to the meeting this weekend.

- Kay Dee
  25. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    So meeting at Metreon on the 11th for those goin to LA at Noon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.