main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIDM fan day

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by mrcottonsparrot, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    OK, who's going? Me, me me...

The Parrot

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Me.

And Kim, I hear you guys won't be able to go now????

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Have fun for me Rach! Take lots of pics of everyone there.

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    No, we just had to cancel out. Mom just got moved to Extended Care/Rehab and has already had a small heart attack. So, just don't feel comfortable leaving so far away at this point in time.

But, everyone else..go and have a great time! Take lots of pics, buy lots of goodies, and let us know how it went!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here are the pics of costumes that I took #68 - # 110 are the costuming pics, pics #111 - end of the album (roughly 3 pages) are other pictures I took at FIDM yesterday.

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/fidm/page3.html

On the SD Fanforce board FIDM thread there are links to the pics that Rachel (Miana_Kenobi) took. More costume pics are forthcoming.

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Wellllll... ahem. We went on Friday, no costumes, just to see the display on our way to Mickey's Place. Spent the rest of the weekend at Disneyland. We needed some quality us time, so we told virtually no one, just a romantic getaway for two.

At FIDM, the fan boy there on Friday nearly wet himself when he needled out of me that I had an Emperor costume, "Then we REALLY need you on Sunday!" Told him, much to his chagrin, "Nope, outfit is hundreds of miles away and I'm not going back for it, sorry". We planned on being at the park on Sunday and with the LA traffic and scarce parking at our hotel, plus the limited time available, it was just not practical to go back for more of the same on Sunday.

Got plenty of pics, some didn't work out well because of the no flash rule, but a bunch did and I'll post a link to those later. Also, got blackmail shots of Sid in the wrong fighter (the X-Wing). Seems you buy a membership you get a ton of freebies and a photo IN the X Wing parked there. So what you don't see is Sid pretending to sabatoge the flight controls, heh heh. You don't think he REALLY be caught dead in one of THOSE flying death traps do you?

Great time at Dland, was busy as heck because it was the Candlelight Ceremony weekend. They shut down the train station and have a huge choir singing christmas songs with Dick Van Dyke reading between songs. Didn't get close enough to see him due to the crowd, but hearing him live and seeing the candlelight procession was enough, must have been hundreds of people singing.

Fireworks got canceled due to wind, as did the snow, but we got to ride Space Mountain three times as well as all the other favorites.

So it was a good time which was desperately needed and well received.

And I now have a baseball cap which reads "Sith Lord", so it's all good.

I will also add that seeing Sid's robe up close and seeing how dead on mine is was just the highlight of the day. The weave is a bit larger, but otherwise, wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.